Vernon Foothills area - anyone else feeling tremors?

eatSleepWoof

Vernon Foothills area - anyone else feeling tremors?

Post by eatSleepWoof »

Just moved here about a month ago. The last few weeks I've been feeling tremors that shake the entire house. These happen on and off, a second or two at a time, and feel like a shockwave going from one end of the house to the other.

Had one just a few minutes ago at 3pm, and another one earlier today at around 10:30am. Is anyone else feeling these? They've got me somewhat concerned.

Could this be caused by construction up the street? (There's a new house being built some 7-8 houses over).
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Vernon Foothills area - anyone else feeling tremors?

Post by GordonH »

eatSleepWoof wrote:Just moved here about a month ago. The last few weeks I've been feeling tremors that shake the entire house. These happen on and off, a second or two at a time, and feel like a shockwave going from one end of the house to the other.

Had one just a few minutes ago at 3pm, and another one earlier today at around 10:30am. Is anyone else feeling these? They've got me somewhat concerned.

Could this be caused by construction up the street? (There's a new house being built some 7-8 houses over).

I checked for quake activity was none, is there any heavy equipment working in the area.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
eatSleepWoof

Post by eatSleepWoof »

GordonH wrote:I checked for quake activity was none, is there any heavy equipment working in the area.

Not really sure about heavy equipment. The house I'm thinking of looks to be mostly done on the exterior, so I'd imagine they won't have heavy equipment doing anything there. Perhaps another build somewhere around here?
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:I checked for quake activity was none, is there any heavy equipment working in the area.

eatSleepWoof wrote:Not really sure about heavy equipment. The house I'm thinking of looks to be mostly done on the exterior, so I'd imagine they won't have heavy equipment doing anything there. Perhaps another build somewhere around here?

I was thinking highway/road construction equipment i.e roller/compactor
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

I drove up to Silver Star a couple of weeks ago, there was quite a bit of heavy equipment activity on both sides of Silver Star Rd by Blackcomb Way.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

A few years ago there was some construction activity in our neighbourhood, and it involved blasting. Our house sits in solid rock, and the blasting was taking place a couple of blocks away. We could still feel it. Maybe there is some blasting in the neighbourhood.

Return to “North Okanagan”