Possible bail for Sagmoen

Should Sagmoen be granted bail??

Yes
6%
No
39%
Definitely not
19%
No way!! What’s wrong with our courts!????
36%

Total votes: 36

Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Possible bail for Sagmoen

Post by Silverstarqueen »

Jflem1983 wrote:Put it to a jury then. Let 12 honest men and women decide.

So would you like to do that before the police have collected all their evidence and done their investigation, or after?
You can have a quick trial or an effective trial. Your choice.
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

If I recall correctly, they ended up getting a search warrant to search the property based on a tip. Must have been a pretty good tip.
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:If nothing else it is illegal to bury someone in BC outside a designated cemetery.

Added later: it is pretty damning for recently deceased body to be buried on ones family property.

OKkayak wrote:You need to provide evidence that the suspect was the one who buried the body, seriously people, this isn't rocket science.

That depends where on Salmon River Rd the family farm is (is it remote... more than one access point.... or is wide open)
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

GordonH wrote:That depends where on Salmon River Rd the family farm is (is it remote... more than one access point.... or is wide open)

That would be an aspect of the investigation, that isn't evidence of placing a suspect at a crime scene.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:That depends where on Salmon River Rd the family farm is (is it remote... more than one access point.... or is wide open)

OKkayak wrote:That would be an aspect of the investigation, that isn't evidence of placing a suspect at a crime scene.

Someone killed her & buried her body, if police & crown have done there due diligence. Then guilty person will hopefully get the maximum possible, if that person happens to be in custody already (all the better).
As I've said in other threads, Canadian justice system doesn't give a damn about the victims of crimes.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

GordonH wrote:
Someone killed her & buried her body,

Exactly, someone did, and its up to evidence to determine that and evidence is not "well its his yard" or "there's only one access point".
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:Someone killed her & buried her body,

OKkayak wrote:Exactly, someone did, and its up to evidence to determine that and evidence is not "well its his yard" or "there's only one access point".

So do you have access to the evidence that been collected, I don't.

l suspect they must have something to cause the judge to deny bail.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

GordonH wrote:So do you have access to the evidence that been collected, I don't.

Thats a question you need to ask yourself, based on your previous comment:

GordonH wrote:If nothing else it is illegal to bury someone in BC outside a designated cemetery.

Added later: it is pretty damning for recently deceased body to be buried on ones family property.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:So do you have access to the evidence that been collected, I don't.

OKkayak wrote:Thats a question you need to ask yourself, based on your previous comment:

That is the only publicly known items in this case:
1) a buried body that's been identified
2) location of buried body

All other evidence collected is only known by the police & likely the crown.

Added: since there is thousands of acres of crown land only a short distance away, why would a killer bury a body on privately owned land. Running the risk of being caught.
I personally grew up in Shuswap area & there are numerous of no longer used logging roads everywhere.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Okay, so we don't know if there is other evidence. But it is entirely possible in the case of a deceased sex-trade worker that DNA from the killer was buried with her. And maybe there is DNA evidence from more than one client. If there was DNA from more than one person, it pretty much destroys that kind of evidence against either of them.

Anyway, there are several other charges that Sagmoen is facing. Plus some more down in the lower mainland.
Green-light
Fledgling

Post by Green-light »

Letting Saggy out on bail, would have offered Vernonites an opportunity to affect change.
All too often, when people from a community that knows them, and knows them well are released back into the fold to cause more pain, anguish and harm, nothing happens to them as so many content themselves to an idea that our law courts and judicial system will look after things and do right by the people.
We see time and time again that this is far from what actually happens, so I suspect one of these days we will read of a system of justice being implemented that will turn results.
To those who affect such change, I hope you pull it off.

"Vanished Without a Trace", should read the headline.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

The poll doesn't have an option reading, "The limp wristed pantie waist brain dead :swear: judges need an overnight stay in a padded room to be considering to let vermin like :swear: :cuss: out."

Why do criminals often have more rights in Canada than do their victims?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Queen K wrote:The poll doesn't have an option reading, "The limp wristed pantie waist brain dead :swear: judges need an overnight stay in a padded room to be considering to let vermin like :swear: :cuss: out."

Why do criminals often have more rights in Canada than do their victims?

Your answer can found here:
Sections 7 to 14 in the Canadian Constitution, check it out you maybe surprised.
Brushy Bill
Board Meister

Post by Brushy Bill »

Latest charges gets him probation , credit for time served.
But he is still behind bars til Sept. pending other charges
Sagmoen is scheduled for a seven-day trial in September, when he faces eight charges, including reckless discharge of a firearm, uttering threats, using a firearm in the commission of an offence, having his face masked with intent to commit an offence, pointing a firearm, possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose, careless use of a firearm and possession of a controlled substance.
one wheel
Übergod

Post by one wheel »

I'm sure many people are as dumbfounded as myself over our Legal System & the length of time these cases are allowed to drag along ?
I don't understand how this charge is 6 years old & has not been thru the Courts until now & has been downgraded from assault causing bodily harm to a much lessor charge of assault ? So he gets credit for time served & probation - wow, I bet he takes that as something serious ?
I think his trial in September will have about the same results, his Lawyers will be producing lots of blah - blah but nothing to satisfy the affected family's ?

Return to “North Okanagan”