A sobering message

LolaB

A sobering message

Post by LolaB »

Where all of our society should really start is to stop advertising and normalizing drinking of beer, wine or any liquor as it is a cool thing to do... IT IS NOT! Drinking at young age does much more damage than we know for your future years. It's all about not having impaired drivers (dozens of them on Kelowna or Vernon street daily and often of much higher age than teenagers), but also not having sick people in future. Your bodies can handle only so much abuse from substances.
common_sense_guy
Übergod

Re: A sobering message

Post by common_sense_guy »

Thanks Mom but I enjoy drinking sometimes. Getting drunk ,laughing with friends, having fun and creating memories that will last a lifetime. I dislike when people or the government try to mandate how I want to enjoy life. If I'm not bothering anybody else Don't Preach to me. thank you
You don't learn when you are talking. You can only learn while you're listening.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Stop normalizing the consumption of alcohol?

We're several thousand years late for that don't you think?

Also isn't consumption of alcohol part of the most practiced religion in the country?
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
spooker

Post by spooker »

We wouldn't be hypocrites if we actually started treating alcohol like the drug it is ...

And what fun would it be without all those "Here, hold my beer and watch this" videos?

At least we haven't created the "war on alcohol" to such an extant that we can't have a rationale conversation about it
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

common_sense_guy wrote:Thanks Mom but I enjoy drinking sometimes. Getting drunk ,laughing with friends, having fun and creating memories that will last a lifetime. I dislike when people or the government try to mandate how I want to enjoy life. If I'm not bothering anybody else Don't Preach to me. thank you

Is that really your Mom?
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

Yawn.
Because_They_Lie
Banned

Post by Because_They_Lie »

Alcohol destroys individuals, families and communities.

Alcohol is a drug.

Alcohol is spirits.

Alcohol dims the light of the soul.

Alcohol is profitable.

Alcohol makes scared people brave.

Alcohol is the symbol for just how far from God a society has strayed.

May God Bless all the casual drinkers, excessive drinkers and alcoholics.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I've mentioned this before on this forum, I have lost close family members & very dear friends. To as :cuss: holes who drank and then drove.
Justice system basically just slaps these killers on the wrists, instead of actually holding them accountable for killing someone.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Because_They_Lie wrote:

Alcohol is the symbol for just how far from God a society has strayed

Isn’t his blood literally alcohol? Pretty sure I’ve tasted it.

Didn’t he turn water into wine?
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Loki2u
Board Meister

Post by Loki2u »

Alcohol: The cause of-and solution to- all of humanities problems. :130:
-Homer Simpson-
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your INFORMED opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. -Harlan Ellison-
Chyren
Board Meister

Post by Chyren »

Understand there's a HUGE difference between enjoying alcohol responsibly and drinking and driving.

There is NEVER an excuse for drinking and driving.

Return to “North Okanagan”