Gas $143.9

A potpourri of off-topics.
casey60
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Gas $143.9

Post by casey60 »

I like to see how big oil can tell us how they set the pricing. Why can gas be cheaper in Oliver or Penticton sometimes compared to Kelowna as the gas comes from Kamloops.
2manyfords
Übergod

Post by 2manyfords »

Just drove through Edmonton.....Gas at the Co-op by the airport is at 92.9.
I expected it would have gone up after Notley's announcement on restricting production.

Added.....

Just checked Gas Buddy, Edmonton Costco's are at 87.9....Wow :200:

Wish i'd brought my slip tank with me....
Trying to think of something profound, and full of wisdom to place here...any suggestions?
Whyme2
Übergod

Post by Whyme2 »

butthead wrote:time to be like France

Speak French? I think we have enough of that! :biggrin:
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

I'm sure glad I got gas yesterday!!! The price shot up to 157.9¢ today!
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Glacier wrote: Oct 6th, 2021, 12:34 pm I'm sure glad I got gas yesterday!!! The price shot up to 157.9¢ today!
Yup, last "cheap" tank for a bit.
I filled up at Costco this morning, $139.9. Other stations in town (Kamloops) are hitting $163.9.

Sure glad I own a Civic.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Went to get gas at the Petro Can on Lakeshore and they were $1.579. The ESSO next door was still $1.489.

Guess where I went?
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

But will people change their driving habits?
I haven't seen any sign of that yet. Fullsize pickups and SUVs passing me on the highway, usually at 10 over the limit.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

bb49 wrote: Oct 6th, 2021, 8:12 pm But will people change their driving habits?
I haven't seen any sign of that yet. Fullsize pickups and SUVs passing me on the highway, usually at 10 over the limit.
As a kid something a bunch of oldtimers would say “if you can’t afford fuel chances are you can’t afford the vehicle either”.

Those having to use supreme must be :swear: choked.

Added later: Dawson Creek 1 hour ago $1.275.... Masset $1.93
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by stuphoto »

Does anyone make anything smaller these days :200:

If I remember correctly, Ford was planning on discontinuing building all cars except for the Mustang.
Buick only has SUV's
Fiat was even canceling all their small imports.

The picking for a small efficient car has got to be slim.

The manufacturers of course claim there isn't any market for cars.
I would almost wonder if they are lying to us, except I noticed the same thing as you.

Thankfully I still own a smaller, fuel efficient car.
It's even an AWD, and I do have 7 years of intense winter off road training so I doubt most of these city drivers can go anywhere I can't with their fuel pigs :biggrin: [icon_lol2.gif]
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

stuphoto wrote: Oct 6th, 2021, 9:37 pm
Does anyone make anything smaller these days :200:

If I remember correctly, Ford was planning on discontinuing building all cars except for the Mustang.
Buick only has SUV's
Fiat was even canceling all their small imports.

The picking for a small efficient car has got to be slim.

The manufacturers of course claim there isn't any market for cars.
I would almost wonder if they are lying to us, except I noticed the same thing as you.

Thankfully I still own a smaller, fuel efficient car.
It's even an AWD, and I do have 7 years of intense winter off road training so I doubt most of these city drivers can go anywhere I can't with their fuel pigs :biggrin: [icon_lol2.gif]
This is why buyers need to stop buying north american garbage and look at imports.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Gilchy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Gilchy »

Small crossovers are basically sedans on stilts, not much of a fuel economy hit.

If a vehicle averages 14L/100km and drives 20,000 km a year, a 10c price increase results in an increased fuel cost of $280/yr, or just over $20/m. Judging by the vehicles in town, there’s lots of people who aren’t worried about $20/m.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Gilchy wrote: Oct 7th, 2021, 7:20 am there’s lots of people who aren’t worried about $20/m.
There are also lots of seniors on fixed incomes that every price increase is a hit on their cost of living.
Fuel goes up and so does everything else.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

After retiring and realizing my priorities were changing (Mexico), as well as my driving style, I downsized and bought a Civic.
Three years of owning it and tracking every cent spent on it, I've averaged 6.03 lt/100 km. Or in old terms, 47 mpg. A 35 lt fill up takes me 600 km.
I more than happy with that.

A 4x4 or AWD is nice in the winter, but being retired I have the option of staying home if the highways are bad.

#StandUpToJewishHate
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

bb49 wrote: Oct 7th, 2021, 9:08 am After retiring and realizing my priorities were changing (Mexico), as well as my driving style, I downsized and bought a Civic.
Three years of owning it and tracking every cent spent on it, I've averaged 6.03 lt/100 km. Or in old terms, 47 mpg. A 35 lt fill up takes me 600 km.
I more than happy with that.

A 4x4 or AWD is nice in the winter, but being retired I have the option of staying home if the highways are bad.
:up: :130:

Oh man, wish at times I could manifest your common sense. After retiring I went the other way, F350 power stroke to pack a camper and boat around and a Golf R to zoot about. I Admit, neither the best on respective fuels, but work for us. Mrs. drives a Crosstrek which is pretty good on fuel.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

I have a AWD and my fuel consumption is 8.9L/100 km city and 7.7L/100 km highway. I drive an average of 150 km/mth.
It would cost me about $20.25/mth @ $1.50/lt.
I spend more on insurance than on gas.
Bring back the LIKE button.

Return to “Grab Bag”