Canada's role in a overpopulated world.

Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Canada's role in a overpopulated world.

Post by Bsuds »

Your birth numbers appear to be a bit low.

http://www.ecology.com/birth-death-rates/
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Seems immigration moves to centers with like populations...meaning the bigger cities.
Just how much employment is available in these cities for immigrants with perhaps comparative sub par education.

The population in sub Sahara Africa is expected to continue to grow at explosive rates the next number of years. Nigeria by the time 2035 rolls around will be number 3 after China and India. This will give Europe some headaches with little rubber boats heading north in such numbers, one might be able to just walk across the Med.
If Canada takes any in, where are they going to live?, really doubt if they have a choice that Winnipeg, Regina, Edmonton will
make the list.
What education do they have to provide a positive contribution to Canada's tax revenue?
Anyway, a difficult issue.
I am a little pi..ed that the ones crossing the boarder in southern Ontario and Quebec are not returned post haste. Refugees are supposed to make a claim in the first country of entry ( USA in this case). Canada can be such snowflakes at times.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

seewood wrote:I am a little pi..ed that the ones crossing the boarder in southern Ontario and Quebec are not returned post haste. Refugees are supposed to make a claim in the first country of entry ( USA in this case). Canada can be such snowflakes at times.

We should build a wall and make Trump pay for it. :biggrin:
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Bikes

Post by Bikes »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPjzfGChGlE
HERE IS A LINK TO SOMEONE WHO HAS ANSWERED THE QUESTIONS ARISING FROM THIS THREAD
oops caps.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Canada births per year
D35F6DE9-BA55-4C28-B82A-1AA91C24B698.png

Canada deaths per year
CD1DEE00-7AC6-4B6E-B123-15024EF56DE2.png

Do we need an extra million?
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
HoboJo
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by HoboJo »

We should build a wall and make Trump pay for it. :biggrin:

I saw a photo shopped version of that famous early photo of the earth surrounded by bricks.

Made me think.
Vacancyrate
Banned

Post by Vacancyrate »

oldtrucker wrote:[
JT's plan is to use immigration as the economic driver instead. It will keep the housing crisis going (or worse) and keep wages artificially low in almost all areas.
1 million added to Canada over the next 3 years... a drop of water in a endless sea.

Housing crisis? 0% vacancy rates? Solution?

BRING IN 300,000 people a year!

Static wages? CEO's and businesses making more money than anytime in history? Solution?

KEEP THOSE WAGES LOW - BRING IN 300,000 PEOPLE WHO NEED JOBS THAT WORK FOR PENNIES

Canadians have stopped having babies because most people in their 20's now live in their parents basements and are paying off student loans. Solution?

BRING IN 300,000 PEOPLE WHO NEED JOBS THAT WORK FOR PENNIES

Oh and I'm a racist Trump supporter for fighting against this type of "problem solving". Just FYI.
Vacancyrate
Banned

Post by Vacancyrate »

Jlabute wrote:Do we need an extra million?

85% of Canadian population growth is due to immigration.

Canadians have stopped having babies and the economy must grow all the time.

Profits need to be made. Our economy doesn't exist to meet the needs of Canadians, our economy is here to make sure 1% of people keep on getting filthy rich. In order to do that you have to keep wages low and keep bringing in people.
floppi
Lord of the Board

Post by floppi »

Jlabute wrote:Canada births per year

Canada deaths per year

Ummmm...see that number for 2017 at 398.91 births per 1000? If one was to need 2.1 births per death for replacement population in Canada , the death rate needs to be around 190 death per 1000 instead of what it is at 275. See the problem?
HoboJo
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by HoboJo »

So does 2.1 births/couple assume a 10% non fertility rate then?
HoboJo
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by HoboJo »

Sorry, I mean 5%?
HoboJo
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by HoboJo »

I'm going full nuclear on this post.

China has committed a *bleep* tonne of money for what will be the largest fusion 'test' facility yet.

There happens to be a little fusion research lab here in BC

I deleted my prolonged conspiracy rant below only because I thought that that was the Right thing to do.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

loppi wrote:
Jlabute wrote:
Canada births per year

Canada deaths per year

Ummmm...see that number for 2017 at 398.91 births per 1000? If one was to need 2.1 births per death for replacement population in Canada , the death rate needs to be around 190 death per 1000 instead of what it is at 275. See the problem?

To me the problem is why do we need a positive 2.1 births per death for replacement in a world who is outgrowing itself. We are already having a problem feeding the people we have in the world why is it necessary to keep the population rising. Are we not worsening one of our biggest problems?
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

You might find this short article interesting as Canada is forced into role of receiver of immigrants, refugees, illegals.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/barbar ... tly-racist

Added: just heard on CBC radio news that it has just been discovered that a man who was deemed to be a threat to national security was granted full citizenship. The review system failed entirely. See Pete Podwoski's post in All Things JT just now for full story.

Anyway, it seems we are not safe with new arrivals coming in 300,000/year that cannot be properly screened. It is just too much.

Personally, I would wish that a fraction of the effort and funds had been diverted and then devoted to saving the Mountain Caribou, now down to last three animals.
Last edited by Catsumi on Jan 16th, 2019, 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Smurf wrote: … why do we need a positive 2.1 births per death for replacement in a world who is outgrowing itself. We are already having a problem feeding the people we have in the world …

We already have the science and technology to feed everyone on the planet (we have for some time). The problem is not so much how many people there are to be fed, but rather the socioeconomic systems that regulate distribution.

Return to “Canada”