Eyesore

Alice in Vernon

Eyesore

Post by Alice in Vernon »

Could the city of Vernon do something about that eyesore garbage dump on the corner of 39 Ave and Hwy 97 (32 St.) ? Especially before tourist season. The Visitor centre is close by and I'm sure that property doesn't enhance the neighbourhood.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Eyesore

Post by OKkayak »

Buy it yourself and do something with it if its that much of a problem for you. Don't see why the taxpayer should foot the bill for a non-issue.
manager_in_vernon

Post by manager_in_vernon »

I am not sure if you noticed, but the house you are referring to has been cleaned up and boarded up. I drive past it everyday on my way home from work. It's up to the owner to decide what to do with it now. That house has been here forever and has looked the way it does for just as long. The only change is that the drug dealers don't live in it anymore, or anyone else for that matter.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I don't understand why ask the City of Vernon to clean it up on the Castanet forums. Why not ask the City themselves?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

Fancy wrote:I don't understand why ask the City of Vernon to clean it up on the Castanet forums. Why not ask the City themselves?

So the poster can feel good about themselves because they have "done something" but in reality all they have done is added negativity and shown they have a fundamental lack of understanding how the world works.
Alice in Vernon

Fancy wrote:I don't understand why ask the City of Vernon to clean it up on the Castanet forums. Why not ask the City themselves?

How do you know I didn't???
Alice in Vernon

There are some people on here that need to eat a Snickers bar.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

OKkayak wrote:Buy it yourself and do something with it if its that much of a problem for you. Don't see why the taxpayer should foot the bill for a non-issue.

Its not a non issue and its a well known drug haven and it should be mowed over with D9 cat and cleaned up
dont start yaking about tax payers money the city and city council waste monies on many things such as
so called conferences amung lots of other frivilous stuff

the failed entrance signs and then the outrageous money they spent to rebuild them comes to mind :swear:
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

dontrump wrote:Its not a non issue and its a well known drug haven and it should be mowed over with D9 cat and cleaned up
dont start yaking about tax payers money the city and city council waste monies on many things such as
so called conferences amung lots of other frivilous stuff

the failed entrance signs and then the outrageous money they spent to rebuild them comes to mind :swear:

Absolutely the city wastes money all the time. Just one more reason for them not to waste money on something as frivolous as this. As far as it being a drug haven? You think tearing it down will change anything? Go across the street to the 7/11, or a bit further by the rec centre. Just as many drug deals going down there as this place had when it was being lived in.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

no one suggested it would have any part of ending drug deals, your totally off topic and wrong;; its a terrible eyesore and should be removed as the "topic" is what this is about EYESORE !!!!! and no it would not be frivolous at all but a well spent $5K
Green-light
Fledgling

Post by Green-light »

Alice in Vernon wrote:There are some people on here that need to eat a Snickers bar.

mmmmm
snickers
<slowly raises hand>
"I need a Snickers bar."
:up:
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

I know the owner. This is what happens when you give people on low income a place to call home. Rent was $600 a month. Even at that price the occupants wouldn't pay. He's stuck in between a rock and hard place with it as the previous tenants have destroyed the inside and ot will cost thousands to repair it.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

Maybe we should start a gofundme for the owner to help with the costs
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Alice in Vernon wrote:How do you know I didn't???
You do realize I didn't say you didn't. I asked why ask the question here?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

The junk yard a few blocks up , across from London Drugs , is worse in my opinion. The house that you speak of is on a tiny lot and likely can't be redeveloped due to setback regulations.

Return to “North Okanagan”