Whose Islam?

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Whose Islam?

Post by Queen K »

It's only Feb. 3rd now, so let's see later. :up:
Who knows, maybe I'm just gonna scarf the food.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

floppi wrote:
Oh I think I know the story.....but I think you got the culture wrong, here I'll remind you. I think I posted this in the climate change thread as it caused a blip in CO2 levels because of the massacre and genocide.

It's an interesting theory, and totally unproven. But presenting unproven theories as fact is how the man-made climate change lunatics roll so ..
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Jlabute wrote:So weird huh? 56 million natives, each with their own hectare of crop. Seems like an extremely weird hypothesis. .”

It's what is known as a "two-fer". Two giant guilt trips built into one bogus study. I just want to know who paid these losers to do it.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
RupertBear
Übergod

Post by RupertBear »

B2E982CC-AB2E-40F5-BCF9-31DEA458C956.png

I’ll bet Marty will be going to Open Mosque Day. Because, unlike some, Marty has obviously taken the time to learn about his Muslim neighbours, rather than be frightened of something he doesn’t understand.
"Do the best with what you know, and when you know better, do better." -- Maya Angelou
Mordu
Board Meister

Post by Mordu »

Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Rider59
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rider59 »

RupertBear wrote:
B2E982CC-AB2E-40F5-BCF9-31DEA458C956.png

I’ll bet Marty will be going to Open Mosque Day. Because, unlike some, Marty has obviously taken the time to learn about his Muslim neighbours, rather than be frightened of something he doesn’t understand.

A fool and his money (land) are soon parted.
Fast, Good or Cheap. Pick Two
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Take care Rider59. Some religions and/or cults intensely dislike being the center of fun or close examination.

There is good to be found in all religions with some who take it far too seriously. That is where the problems start.

If more had laughed at and poked fun at Hitler at the beginning of his wicked career rather than taking him seriously, world history would have dodged that bullet.

He should have been ridiculed and laughed at, then pushed right off Germany's stage. Instead he took his ugliness right to the world stage.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
floppi
Lord of the Board

Post by floppi »

Now now, how are you to have an open mind and be receptive to other cultures with obvious contempt oozing from you peeps posts? :200: This is the Open Mosque Day from 2015 but I'm sure it still apply's to the coming one on Feb.16 this year.

KELOWNA — UBC Okanagan’s Muslim Students’ Association welcomed people of all faiths and backgrounds to the Kelowna Islamic Centre on Saturday for Open Mosque Day.

Dozens of people came to the centre to learn more about Islam and Muslims and to visit the mosque.

(The goal is) to bridge the gap between Muslims and non-Muslims, and to boost the mutual understanding and respect between each other,” said Adnan Bhat, member of the Muslim Students’ Association and organizer of the event.

People are often fearful of what they don’t know, so by allowing them to come to the mosque, we allow them to understand us as much as they can, hence getting rid of any skepticism around Muslims or mosques in general.”

The Open Mosque Day allowed people to ask questions about Islam and Muslims and to witness Muslim prayers.

After the recent terrorist attacks in

Paris and backlash against Muslims, Bhat said he feels a responsibility to share the truth about Muslims.

“I don’t think Muslims should have to necessarily clarify our faith, but it is the situation,” he said.

“The ideal case would be people understand Muslims have nothing to do with terrorism, but that’s not the case, hence putting us in this position.”

Bhat said he hopes having open conversations and inviting people into the mosque will help eliminate some of those stereotypes.

“Muslims have been telling people what we are not, especially in the last 15 years, but we want to change that and let people know who we are, not who we are not.”

Kyla Gowenlock was one of the people to visit the mosque on Saturday with her nine-month-old son.

Gowenlock is working with a group of people who are sponsoring Syrian refugees in town, so she wanted to come and experience the Islamic faith firsthand.

Seeing how many other people were also interested in seeing the mosque and learning more about Muslims was encouraging, she said.

“Seeing that people are interested (and that) the Muslims in town are open to having us here and building more of a partnership is nice to see,” she said.

Laura Green also stopped into the mosque to learn more about the Muslim people in Kelowna.

“The Islam religion is in the news at the moment, and I just wanted to come and see what they were discussing here about his mosque in particular and their presence in Kelowna,” she said.

Green also wanted to show her support for the mosque and the local Muslim community.

“This is just a way to learn more and connect with people and show my support for them,” she said.

The Kelowna Islamic Centre is located at 1120 Highway 33.

http://www.pentictonherald.ca/site/form ... _services/
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

RupertBear wrote:

and I'll bet Marty isn't an uber-sanctimonious jack-arse either, or would be comfortable with others using his generosity to generate warm-tummy memes and send them out with holier than thou phraseology. Marty is just a good guy, like most people out there.
Mordu
Board Meister

Post by Mordu »

And playing ‘double-dog-dare ya’ in public over attending seems pretty childish.

"Betcha I can run up and ring the doorbell."

"Betcha ya won't 'cause you'll get caught."

"Betcha if I get caught there'll be cookies and you'll miss out."

"Betcha maybe, but remember 'I told you so' when you're trapped inside."

The disrespect here where Muslims might view it is very unsettling.

Hence my example for a preview above.

Mordu wrote:

Then as my good friends say when we part from one another, "Have a nice day and peace be with you."
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

floppi wrote:Now now, how are you to have an open mind and be receptive to other cultures with obvious contempt oozing from you peeps posts?

Been all over the world and met people from many cultures. Have an extremely open mind, and very receptive to other cultures. Why would you imply otherwise?
Jmfva
Übergod

Post by Jmfva »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Feb 4th, 2019, 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
floppi
Lord of the Board

Post by floppi »

Wow! What a twist this is especially in the heart of Islamophobia, switching from far right wing Protestant Christian ex MP to Muslim :200: . Maybe there is hope for some peeps around here too.

Dutch former anti-Islam MP says he's become a Muslim

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/du ... li=AAggFp4
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

I guess he's tired of the death threats. Lots of Christians, atheists, and agnostics in the west are converting to Islam. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Meanwhile, in the Middle East, Muslims are converting to Christianity.

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”