T.E.N.S. Muscle stimulater

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

T.E.N.S. Muscle stimulater

Post by Bsuds »

I have nerve damage in my feet and lower legs (Neuropathy) from Type 2 Diabetes.

I also have some mild Arthritis pain in my hands as well as some muscle pain so I have been looking at a Dr Ho machine.

Well I decided to bite the bullet and picked one up at Costco. I figured with their guaranty I can always return it.

After a couple of days using it I am seeing some improvement especially in my feet. If this continues then it will be well worth what I paid for it. :up: :up:
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
SuperMom
Board Meister

Re: T.E.N.S. Muscle stimulater

Post by SuperMom »

I have nerve pain in my legs and feet from a disc herniation, and I also recently purchased that Dr. Ho's unit from Costco. So far I don't think it is making much difference in my symptoms; however, I am still making good use of it. I do think it has helped with overall muscle tension and other minor issues.
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

Thanks for posting this!

I see his TV ads and have seen them at Costco. Having seen it at Costco it made me think that maybe it works.

I have nerve damage from my spinal cord injury from when I broke my neck a year and a half ago. My feet easily go numb and I get stabbing nerve pain in my arms and hands. My outer extremities get cold easy too. This cold weather has really fired my nerves up. I was wondering if it was a gimmick or not.
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

Which one did you get?

39475BD9-B627-4422-BEFF-08997790487D.png
SuperMom
Board Meister

Post by SuperMom »

The one I got contained all those things. It has the foot thing, the larger back pads/belt, smaller pads, the controller, and replacement pads. I believe it is the larger box on the bottom of your image.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

SuperMom wrote:The one I got contained all those things. It has the foot thing, the larger back pads/belt, smaller pads, the controller, and replacement pads. I believe it is the larger box on the bottom of your image.

That's the one I got as well. I needed the foot unit.

There is one on Castanet for sale on the westside that looks like it's brand new. Some insurance will pay for them too but mine wants a Dr's referral etc before approving so I just got it on my own. My Dr was going to charge me for the letter and I don't know how much they would pay towards it.

https://classifieds.castanet.net/search ... r=&submit=
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

SuperMom wrote:I have nerve pain in my legs and feet from a disc herniation, and I also recently purchased that Dr. Ho's unit from Costco. So far I don't think it is making much difference in my symptoms; however, I am still making good use of it. I do think it has helped with overall muscle tension and other minor issues.

I have only been using mine for a couple of days and several times a day. It definitely feels like there is some improvement in my feet.

My son is a Steel Fabricator and his is helping him with muscle pain.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

I purchased the Easy Home brand through Amazon. Does the same thing as Dr Ho, only for less $$.

It runs on 15 min cycles

I recommendpurchasing the large size sticky pads, covers more area. Also, rinse the sticky side in running warm water after use, they will last longer. :biggrin:
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

i know a few people that got dr ho and said it helped with nerve pain,
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Bsuds wrote:I have nerve damage in my feet and lower legs (Neuropathy) from Type 2 Diabetes.

I also have some mild Arthritis pain in my hands as well as some muscle pain so I have been looking at a Dr Ho machine.

Well I decided to bite the bullet and picked one up at Costco. I figured with their guaranty I can always return it.

After a couple of days using it I am seeing some improvement especially in my feet. If this continues then it will be well worth what I paid for it. :up: :up:

Bsuds, where in Costco is it located?
I haven't failed until I quit.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Lady tehMa wrote:Bsuds, where in Costco is it located?

Near the hearing centre, same aisle.
honkonbobo
Fledgling

Post by honkonbobo »

What a coincidence! I was listening to a Joe Rogan podcast with Johann Hari today and they were talking about this form of treatment. It's more effective if you rub CBD oil and add ice to the treatment area, then crank up the volts. It's in the last one hour of episode #1250 dated from Feb. 20th. I may try it on my tendonitis.
Cheers
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

Lady tehMa wrote:
Bsuds wrote:I have nerve damage in my feet and lower legs (Neuropathy) from Type 2 Diabetes.

Bsuds, where in Costco is it located?

There are a couple options at https://www.costco.ca/CatalogSearch?dept=All&keyword=Dr+ho
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Bump...I returned the Dr Ho as it was doing nothing to help. I think it might have been making my feet hurt worse.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Since I was finally given an accurate diagnosis of my ailment by my doctor that involved a 45 min bone scan at VGH, I realize that although my unit makes me feel momentarily good, it can do nothing to alleviate the root of the problem.

My T.E.N.S. and all the new large size pads are up for grabs. Sad that it wasn't a cure for me.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown

Return to “Health”