The "Cost" of Cancer

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

The "Cost" of Cancer

Post by Thinktank »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7JjA5yMWU8&t=2s[/youtube]

I got the idea for this thread when some guys started saying antivaxers and measles is very costly... to taxpayers.

So, how much does cancer cost here in Canada? Anyone know?

That video above says it cost them $127,000 - and going up every day - to treat cancer.

Is Canada the same? Anyone know?
Because our government, who cares about us very much, tells us one in two can "expect" to get cancer, now. :smt045

WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: The "Cost" of Cancer

Post by Fancy »

People live longer and that would increase the risk of cancer but survival rates are increasing as well. Medical costs of course increase but that's to be expected. I googled your question and there were all sorts of info available online.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

well could you tell me how much it costs someone to get measles then?

or is that a BIG mystery too?

In USA it costs $127,000 for cancer - and they're only in the beginning of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDGDLmFL8Rk

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

You're confused again - you started the topic on the cost of cancer. And I'm not watching a youtube about a car???

Maybe this thread has info:

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=74582
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

So, one in two people will get cancer in Canada according to our experts. Yet no one responded to this thread. [icon_lol2.gif]

So let's do the math:
37,000,000 Canadians. 18,500,000 will get cancer. Let's say 10 million will go get expensive treatment.

It costs $100,000 to treat cancer. So 10,000,000 X 100,000 = $1 trillion. That's not per year, it's total
and it's probably twice that.

Canadians will spend about $1 trillion on cancer - which they will pay indirectly, through taxes.
10 people got measles in BC and Adrian Dix - to the rescue - is dealing with it. The media makes it sound like measles
will kill us all if not for Adrian Dix demanding all school kids get recorded if vaccinated or not. :up:
But no one wants to talk about cancer. Wow. No polls on cost of cancer needed?

Queen K wrote:For those who think the Canadian health care system pays for everything:
Our friend has prostrate cancer, metatisized to his bones. The pills they want him to take would cost him $5,000 per month.
Let that sink in. Why so high? When Big Pharma thinks people will drain every last penny from the family accounts based on "Hope" - Why not?

A toxic side of cancer treatment
Yousuf Zafar, M.D., doesn’t remember who on his cancer research team at Duke University coined the term “financial toxicity.” With terrifying accuracy, it describes the dire health impact of the soaring costs of cancer treatment.

So my question is this: Why is the whole province going berzerk, presently, over measles? and not cancer?

Anyone know?

ImageB.C. Health Minister Adrian Dix says he expects mandatory reporting of vaccinations to be in place for the start of school in September.

Why is Adrian Dix not concerned about the $1 trillion we'll be spending on cancer?

https://www.timescolonist.com/news/loca ... 1.23645544
https://www.aarp.org/money/credit-loans ... tment.html

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Maybe Dix is concerned about women:

When he made the announcement late last week, Dix said if supplementary screening is “felt to be medically necessary” by a woman and her physician, then it will be publicly funded and covered by the Medical Services Plan.

https://vancouversun.com/health/local-h ... s-concerns
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

People talk about cancer all of the time. Unfortunately we don’t have a vaccine to prevent all types of it. But we do have an easy and inexpensive way to prevent measles. I’m not exactly clear on the point you’re trying to make ThinkTank.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I'm not understanding what the American health system has to do with Canada.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

In October 2009, Breton was diagnosed with a neuroendocrine tumour in her pancreas. It metastasized into her liver and bones. A single drug helped her fight the cancer – but at a hefty $8,000 a month.

https://globalnews.ca/news/1656699/the- ... canadians/

That's just one link.
OllyV
Board Meister

Post by OllyV »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Feb 28th, 2019, 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Personal attack
I'd like to thank God for making me an atheist.
36Drew
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 36Drew »

Thinktank wrote:So, one in two people will get cancer in Canada according to our experts.

Which type of cancer are you referring to? The most common type treated is breast cancer. Are you referring to one of:

• Ductal Carcinoma In Situ (DCIS)
  • Invasive Ductal Carcinoma (IDC)
  • IDC Type: Tubular Carcinoma of the Breast.
  • IDC Type: Medullary Carcinoma of the Breast.
  • IDC Type: Mucinous Carcinoma of the Breast.
  • IDC Type: Papillary Carcinoma of the Breast.
  • IDC Type: Cribriform Carcinoma of the Breast.
  • Invasive Lobular Carcinoma (ILC)

In-Situ? Lymphatic? Metastastic? Which hormone markers, or hormone-negative?

The fact that you think that treating "cancer" can be an analogue to treating measles shows how ill-equipped you are to have this conversation.
I'd like to change your mind, but I don't have a fresh diaper.
tarasbulba
Fledgling

Post by tarasbulba »

For someone with cancer my medications are 7000 a month and that's for one pill, cancer is a trillion a year business and someone said talking to the big companies that a cure isn't worth it because there's no money in it and plus it keeps the population down, imagine, these rich billionaires think like that, they don't care about others, because if one of their family gets cancer, boom it's gone. A doctor on the early 1900 used a microscope he made and noticed that every cell vibrates at a certain frequency, well right now in Boston, they have brought that idea back into the light and are using sound to get rid of cancer, no invasive surgeries and no chemo or radiation. I think the same goes for fossil fuel, there are so many people working on both of these that it would be disastrous to end it because so many would be out of work. Like oncologist, they only know one thing, cancer. It's pretty sad that after 60 years or more, there is still no cure for cancer. Madame Curry found her cure within years, by know they should know everything there is about cancer, you'd think. Think about this, money is giv9ing by all those people who hope for a cure, the cancer agency in Vancouver probably has found something, but they don't do the testing or make the pills for it, it goes to big pharmas who either use it or not, it's up to them, there is no legislation that says they HAVE too, because they're making trillions a year and the CEO in Vancouver is making really good money. Plus we're not allowed to see what they have or have not found because theyre a private business and you can't ask for a freedom of information on what they've found, grrrrrrr
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

How about the cost of all the Families who have lost loved ones to cancer, impo that cost is massive.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
seahawks2884
Fledgling

Post by seahawks2884 »

Maybe this man has the answer to cancer costs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=14&v=HYILnjc_wuY
His story complete.
https://www.mycancerstory.rocks/
How does it work???????
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-018-30158-6

Have an open mind. Please share everywhere!!!!

John
36Drew
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 36Drew »

tarasbulba wrote:For someone with cancer my medications are 7000 a month and that's for one pill

If you really had cancer, you'd qualify the type and staging. You'd know that "Cancer" describes a family of diseases and not a single condition. You'd also recognize that different "Cancers" respond to different treatments as they have different causes and vectors of spread. You'd know that you can't compare, say, Lymphoma with Leukemia, Breast Cancer (of which alone there are multiple types and gradings), multiple myeloma, the list goes on.

Also - if you're in BC you're not paying $7000/month for a single pill. Pharmacare might be paying for your medication that isn't covered by BC medical and/or your health plan - and you may be paying for some non-covered additional medications (ie., filgistrim) - but highly unlikely you're paying anything out-of-pocket for your treatment.

Since you've claimed you have cancer - tell us a little about it. It sounds like you've embellished a story or condition in order to tell a story and further an agenda.
I'd like to change your mind, but I don't have a fresh diaper.

Return to “Health”