bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Help bring them to Canada

Post by bob vernon »

OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Help bring them to Canada

Post by OKkayak »

If they’re coming here legally, that’s fine. Don’t have any issues with donations.
Chyren
Board Meister

Post by Chyren »

Zero issues. They're trying to move to Canada to better their life legally. No different than countless ancestors that took ships from overseas to make a new life for their families. Be proud of what Canada is looked at around the world as a place of safety, kindness and prosperity.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Legal immigration/proper channels (fully vetted) to Canada should never be a problem.

Those I have issue with are the illegal/not fully vetted entering Canada, when caught not being immediately sent back (no ifs, no buts or maybes about it).
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

bob vernon wrote:This should stir the pot.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/25 ... -to-Canada

Yes, but probably not in the way you had hoped. You'll be hard pressed to find objection to bonafide refugee claimants versus those entering the country illegally. Your obvious bias is aimed at the wrong target.

United Nations High Commission on Refugees (UNHCR) recognized and approved refugee family - a single mother and her four children.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

GordonH wrote:Legal immigration/proper channels (fully vetted) to Canada should never be a problem.

Those I have issue with are the illegal/not fully vetted entering Canada, when caught not being immediately sent back (no ifs, no buts or maybes about it).

exactly............ :smt045
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

as long as there supported by other Canadians via private funds because the 70000 that bird Brain Trudeau brought in are all paid for by you and I :swear:
Chyren
Board Meister

Post by Chyren »

But this is all legal immigration. How can people be against it? its LEGAL. Its no different then how you and I are in Canada. Our ancestors immigrated legally.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Are people legal or illegal when they show up at the border and claim to be refugees, being persecuted back home?
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

Chyren wrote:But this is all legal immigration. How can people be against it? its LEGAL. Its no different then how you and I are in Canada. Our ancestors immigrated legally.

its like this little sister when our parents immigrated here a 100 years ago they paid their own way and built our great country
they never came here and got a free ride like Trudeaus 70000 friends have and do !!! :-X
Chyren
Board Meister

Post by Chyren »

How is this a free ride? The original post is about people raising money to bring people here legally.

Your issue is with illegal immigration. Different issue.

:topic:
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

I think some have something against ALL immigration. Maybe because they're afraid of "others" coming here and thriving and being more successful than they are. We're seeing the uneducated in the US fearing these foreigners right now.

And there is this myth that people came here 100 years ago, or longer, and they thrived all on their own. Except that many of those early settlers of Canada were basically given prairie farmland, just for coming. Plus the name "Trudeau" is connected to current refugees and immigrants it and it just makes them rage.

If you were a family in Central America and the economy and the government had basically collapsed and the streets are ruled by gangs who rob and pillage all they want, you might want to move to somewhere else. These are refugees. We have a family in our neighbourhood from El Salvador. They've been here quite a while now and both parents worked hard jobs. And their kids did well in school and are now good citizens, even paying, "gasp", their share of taxes.

There's also a Muslim family down the road. Dad and Mom work like dogs to pay off the orchard land they bought and the kids are now in high school with one daughter in university.

And they didn't even have to pass a Harperite "Canadian values" test. Refugees don't have time to line up at the Canadian embassy and wait a couple of years.

But the hillbilly element just can't stand immigrants and refugees coming here and doing well.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

We continue to hear the phrase "illegal immigration". Is it illegal to show up at a Canadian border and claim refugee status after being persecuted back home? If they go back home, there might be nothing left there, as in the case of the Central African Republic and Chad. The Sahara is moving south and swallowing up parts of Africa. Or if the refugees are from a country where they are being persecuted for their race or religion, like Myanmar?

Some of our relatives were refugees from Scotland and Ireland when the British tried to clear the land of people so that sheep could be raised more easily.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

bob vernon wrote:Is it illegal to show up at a Canadian border and claim refugee status after being persecuted back home?

It is illegal to cross the border at places other than official points of entry in the hopes of evading officials.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

Chyren wrote:How is this a free ride? The original post is about people raising money to bring people here legally.

Your issue is with illegal immigration. Different issue.

:topic:

wrong again never said this was a free ride I said as long as they don't get the same free ride Turdeaus 70000 fiends did

Return to “North Okanagan”