The Opioid Crisis!

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
Jamez

The Opioid Crisis!

Post by Jamez »

They say the opioid crisis is from doctors prescribing opiod's for pain etc. Then the doctors should be sued for this mess. Then the doctor's should sue the pharmaceutical companies for pushing it on to them. This is all BS! The government sits back and watches all this happen and does nothing. Are our elected officials and their health and welfare components not suppose to be watching out for and protecting their citizens? We are no better than a 3rd world country where big business and big pharma are in control. So sad! We are loosing it.

James. Kelowna, BC
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: The Opioid Crisis!

Post by GordonH »

Jamez wrote:They say the opioid crisis is from doctors prescribing opiod's for pain etc. Then the doctors should be sued for this mess. Then the doctor's should sue the pharmaceutical companies for pushing it on to them. This is all BS! The government sits back and watches all this happen and does nothing. Are our elected officials and their health and welfare components not suppose to be watching out for and protecting their citizens? We are no better than a 3rd world country where big business and big pharma are in control. So sad! We are loosing it.

James. Kelowna, BC

Whenever my doctor prescribes me any medication, I do as much research as possible plus ask questions of the pharmacist.
Only then do I actually choose to take it or not, if the latter I make a new appointment to see the doctor to discuss alternatives.
It's your body, and it is the only one you have.... take control of your choices.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Jamez wrote:They say the opioid crisis is from doctors prescribing opiod's for pain etc. Then the doctors should be sued for this mess. Then the doctor's should sue the pharmaceutical companies for pushing it on to them. This is all BS! The government sits back and watches all this happen and does nothing. Are our elected officials and their health and welfare components not suppose to be watching out for and protecting their citizens? We are no better than a 3rd world country where big business and big pharma are in control. So sad! We are loosing it.

James. Kelowna, BC

correct on all counts
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

James. Kelowna, BC

I’ve had opioids after surgery.....I’m not addicted or dead. Everyone has choices and there’s help available.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Jamez wrote:They say the opioid crisis is from doctors prescribing opiod's for pain etc. Then the doctors should be sued for this mess.

What would you suggest people take after surgery when they are in excruciating pain?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Government can't do it all.
Word is out that these drugs are addictive, people need to be carefull when considering these for legitimate use.
It's not hard to see how regular people got caught up in this. If you do any kind of physical repetitive work, in time for many something will *bleep* up. How do you keep a schedule, customers etc cause it never stops. How awesome to feel great again to carry on, easy trap.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=79507&p=2401712&hilit=suing#p2401712

I have pointed to a study which shows that opioid addiction overdoses from prescribed medicines are relatively rare.
There is no crisis in BC from pain medication overdoses. It's a lie by the left wing lovey dovey touchy feelies to try and make us care about druggies. The ones that chose to do drugs and then got addicted. Not the ones that were prescribed drugs for pain and got addicted.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Fancy wrote:
Jamez wrote:They say the opioid crisis is from doctors prescribing opiod's for pain etc. Then the doctors should be sued for this mess.

What would you suggest people take after surgery when they are in excruciating pain?

I'm voting for cannabis products. And I don't do pot. Or imbibe in any rec drugs, but when it comes to pain control if it works over opioids? Do it.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

same here agree 100%
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
skydawg
Lord of the Board

Post by skydawg »

James. Kelowna, BC

Blame someone else, yup sounds about right
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

Addictive opioids easily accessible. Medicinal weed being shut down. That's just how stupid our laws are. Maybe pot can help some people get off the opioids. But our society has it all backasswards.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#256564
Brushy Bill
Board Meister

Post by Brushy Bill »

Fancy wrote:

whisky........aw thats habit forming too....... ban liquor sales
smoky500
Fledgling

Post by smoky500 »

JagXKR wrote:https://forums.castanet.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=79507&p=2401712&hilit=suing#p2401712

I have pointed to a study which shows that opioid addiction overdoses from prescribed medicines are relatively rare.
There is no crisis in BC from pain medication overdoses. It's a lie by the left wing lovey dovey touchy feelies to try and make us care about druggies. The ones that chose to do drugs and then got addicted. Not the ones that were prescribed drugs for pain and got addicted.

you are wrong about the relationship to the opioid crisis and prescriptions

https://www.castanet.net/news/World/264 ... y-billions

and here is more info, read the report from this group: http://www.csepm.ca/ (Coalition For Safe and Effectiv Pain Management)
gojackgo

Post by gojackgo »

:200:
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Dr's early on saw that these drugs were addictive and for all the legit people who required pain relief for Knees, backs, hips etc didn't need to get addicted.
Addiction is not a virus it's not infectious or communicable , if Dr's acted when these patterns emerged they could've put an end to it very quickly. It's not like they live in a bubble , they communicate with others in their profession regularly.

The only reason the makers are targeted is cause that's where the big money is, but like mentioned earlier if a Dr prescribes you anything in this internet age Look it up and ask questions.

Return to “Health”