Swastika not getting a fair shake

jimmy4321
Guru

Re: Swastika not getting a fair shake

Post by jimmy4321 »

Six million Jews murdered in concentration camps,70-85 million total dead world wide.
All spearheaded by a *bleep* psychopath with that symbol recognized by all as sort of his trademark.

I'm fine with it never used again.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Ok. It's all about you.

:biggrin:
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

Obviously some idiot kids that dont know the meaning behind it.

I seen the Swastika lots when I traveled around parts of S.E. Asia and the Philippines.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

I hope you weren't adversely affected?
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
csm
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by csm »

mnprochnau wrote:https://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/257645/swastika-painted-over
It may seem strange to most of you but at one point in history the swastika was a symbol of divinity and spirituality in Indian religions In the Western world, it was a symbol of auspiciousness and good luck until the 1930s, when it was perverted by the Nazi party and left with the bad image it has had until this day and I fear that positive image will never come back again for the swastika as long as fear and ignorance of the world war II continues. On the other hand there has been much perversion of ancient symbols over the centuries, first and foremost being the cross. For hundreds of years the cross was a torturous method of execution taking the lives of uncounted thousands perhaps hundreds of thousands for centuries and now it is a symbol of peace. Does the iconic symbol of the cross stir up feelings of fear for the implement of death it really is. Nope. A perversion of the true nature of what the cross is and what it once symbolized for the supressed and weak. The swastika had a bad run for what like a decade plus or minus a few years compared to centuries of death dealing crosses. You don't have to like it but it is the truth and if you cant agree there is a hole in the sand over there for your head.

If one goes to Ladysmith ( Vancouver Island ), there is an old pre-wwII building there with a linear ribbon of swastika's on it's façade ( I'm sure there are many more ). It was adopted by the Nazi's as a political symbol, but you are correct as it actually goes back perhaps 12,000 years or more ...
https://www.ancient-origins.net/myths-l ... ory-001312

It's an interesting paradox - the Cross was an instrument of severe torture and death but became a spiritual symbol, whereas the Swastika was a spiritual symbol, that became a symbol of severe torture and death.
Compliance is a tool used by dictators, to take your freedom and never give it back.
Enjoy your new "Slave State"!
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Any idea who owned that building in Ladysmith and how/when/why symbols added to exterior?

Unknown
csm
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by csm »

Catsumi wrote:Any idea who owned that building in Ladysmith and how/when/why symbols added to exterior?

No I don't, but I do believe it's pre-WWII long before the Nazi's adopted it.
Compliance is a tool used by dictators, to take your freedom and never give it back.
Enjoy your new "Slave State"!
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

The Traveller's Hotel in downtown Ladysmith, British Columbia, has a façade decorated with brickwork swastikas. Further north on Vancouver Island, the Japanese cemetery in Cumberland has several grave markers decorated with swastikas.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_u ... ury#Canada
Bring back the LIKE button.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Traveller's Hotel in downtown Ladysmith, British Columbia,

The Traveller’s Hotel was built in 1913 by Annie and Chris Stevens and is listed on the Canadian Registry of Historic Places as well as on the town’s own Heritage Inventory.
Bring back the LIKE button.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Maybe it's a Finnish Air force swastika?
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
Palliser
Fledgling

Post by Palliser »

Cool...ya thanks for the history lesson. (most of us knew that already)...um...yea the normal people will just be over here not using the swastika or talking about how it used to be cool.
Terris
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Terris »

http://www.worldscoutingmuseum.org/swastikas.shtml

https://nikarevleshy.blogspot.com/2011/ ... early.html

To the victors go the spoils.

Whole swaths of history were redacted through the establishment of the UN.

The swastika serves a useful purpose still.

But for whom??

:135:
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Symbolic of a new kinder, gentler fascism.
sobrohusfat
Guru

Post by sobrohusfat »

Its going to take a few more generations of indifference before the poor little swastika shakes off the stigma.

Maybe longer if it insists on magically showing-up spray painted on synagogues and certain gravestones - just sayin.

The adventure continues...

No good story ever started with; "So i stayed home."

Return to “North Okanagan”