ODS in Vernon

Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Re: ODS in Vernon

Post by Catsumi »

Yes. Thanks Scott for having the fortitude to stand against the tide.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

Country plough boy wrote:Out to lunch. Portugal model. U wanna pay for the free dope. Be my guest

If you want people to take you seriously, at least understand the basics of what you're talking about.

30 seconds with google, followed by 2 minutes of reading is all it would have taken.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drug_policy_of_Portugal

Drugs aren't legal in Portugal, just decriminalized. Addicts are paying for their own drugs. It's been a proven success with the long term studies/data to back it up. Portugal made the change nearly 20 years ago and they're not looking back.

When educated people are calling for a change, and suggesting that we should try decriminalization - this is why. It's already been proven successful in other parts of the world. When others reply with "Bad idea - I'm not paying for their drugs" it shows how much of an upwards battle we have here as a society. People are passionate and argue over things they know very little about. It's a wonder we progress at all.
Theother

Post by Theother »

I see your point it may have worked somewhere else. it may work here who knows. but all I can say is them druggies are always going to steal, destroy, and make everyone's life a living "beep" hole. Just like non addicted people, there will be mean ones nice ones, the kind that like to destroy everything and think its fun. So were just going to beat a dead horse and keep on giving them everything they need to keep their life habits going. Some maybe lucky and have family to ground them but. sure looks like there's more and more every year. Its defiantly the hardest thing to do, trying to tell, help people who are on another planet. The communication barrier is tad hard when they don't live in reality. Have a great day.
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

Theother wrote:I see your point it may have worked somewhere else. it may work here who knows. but all I can say is them druggies are always going to steal, destroy, and make everyone's life a living "beep" hole. Just like non addicted people, there will be mean ones nice ones, the kind that like to destroy everything and think its fun. So were just going to beat a dead horse and keep on giving them everything they need to keep their life habits going. Some maybe lucky and have family to ground them but. sure looks like there's more and more every year. Its defiantly the hardest thing to do, trying to tell, help people who are on another planet. The communication barrier is tad hard when they don't live in reality. Have a great day.

Yes they are on another planet and do not understand, that's why they need to be placed in care. It's not safe for them or anyone else if they are so far gone they are doing dangerous things.

I consider daily, numerous times, shooting up possible/probable lethal drugs, OD'ing, getting brought back by Naloxone, repeat, doing "dangerous things".
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

More ranting about the addicts. Not much being said about the big dealers.
Country plough boy
Übergod

Post by Country plough boy »

bob vernon wrote:More ranting about the addicts. Not much being said about the big dealers.

They go away when the cash dries up. Real fast
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

The cash never dries up. Break and enters, home invasions will just go up. Prostitution increases. Purse snatchings are more frequent. Daylight smash and grabs, too. We keep trying to cure the symptoms, but not the disease.

Return to “North Okanagan”