Temporary Fencing at Marshall Fields

glencarter

Temporary Fencing at Marshall Fields

Post by glencarter »

$87,000 for 1,400 linear feet of chain link fence. Are you kidding me!!! A simple search of Okanagan-based fencing companies on the internet reveals an installed cost of about $5,000 per 200 linear feet. Doing the math shows the City should only have to pay $35,000 for their 1,400 feet. What is going on here?
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Temporary Fencing at Marshall Fields

Post by GordonH »

For those who would like a link to the story
https://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/26 ... r-dog-park
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
polelady
Generalissimo Postalot

Dog Park Fence

Post by polelady »

Fence approved for dog park!!!

In all, 400 linear metres of fence will be put in at the fields for a total of $87,000. The final price came as a surprise to some councillors given the original estimate of just over $50,000.

The quote came in higher because of the high demand for fencing at this time of year, city staff said !!!

What a bunch of hueeeeeeeeeeee,,, high demand this time of year, best be getting some more quotes.. ... lol,, the whole article should be in the joke section of the forums...!!!
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Dog Park Fence

Post by GordonH »

Being discussed here viewtopic.php?f=104&t=82527

I've merged them, thanks!/ferri
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Ingevan22
Fledgling

Post by Ingevan22 »

The best part, is that we're spending that much money, not to fence off dogs from humans, but to fence off humans from dogs!
(._.) ( |:) (.-.) (:| ) (._.)

Putt's Law: "Technology is dominated by two types of people, those who understand what they do not manage and those who manage what they do not understand."
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

And the best part is the headline: Temporary Fencing at Marshall Fields. That means that the fence will only be temporary and torn down and rebuilt in the future, wasting more taxpayers money. The outrage.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Dog Park Fence

Post by dontrump »

polelady wrote:Fence approved for dog park!!!

In all, 400 linear metres of fence will be put in at the fields for a total of $87,000. The final price came as a surprise to some councillors given the original estimate of just over $50,000.

The quote came in higher because of the high demand for fencing at this time of year, city staff said !!!

What a bunch of hueeeeeeeeeeee,,, high demand this time of year, best be getting some more quotes.. ... lol,, the whole article should be in the joke section of the forums...!!!

we have this kind of money to waste just because of we cant wait a few weeks or months to save $35K or more
I mean really all of a sudden its that important
even at 50K is a rip
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

glencarter wrote:$87,000 for 1,400 linear feet of chain link fence. Are you kidding me!!! A simple search of Okanagan-based fencing companies on the internet reveals an installed cost of about $5,000 per 200 linear feet. Doing the math shows the City should only have to pay $35,000 for their 1,400 feet. What is going on here?

1317 feet of fence at 66$ a foot is an egregious rip off and absolute disgusting waste of tax moneys

Return to “North Okanagan”