Starbuds Opens its Doors

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Starbuds Opens its Doors

Post by vinnied »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#262248
Nice to see some stores opening up around here. However, I cant see them lasting very long with the prices they charge.
who in there right mind is going to pay 75 dollars for 3.5 grams of weed? They will never compete with the black market at those prices. Just my opinion
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
Even Steven
Guru

Re: Starbuds Opens its Doors

Post by Even Steven »

I was told once legalized the weed will be sold cheaply to people cause it's as easy to grow as tomatoes. And it will crush the black market and criminals will go broke. I said it's bunch of hooey.

I hate being right all the time lol.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

If buying public can get it cheaper via black market they most certainly will (meaning pot).

Most anyone can make their own beer & wine, thing is it rarely if ever comes close to a brewery or winery quality.
Pot on the other hand can be grown by most anyone & generally does the job of getting maker high.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

GordonH wrote:If buying public can get it cheaper via black market they most certainly will (meaning pot).

Most anyone can make their own beer & wine, thing is it rarely if ever comes close to a brewery or winery quality.
Pot on the other hand can be grown by most anyone & generally does the job of getting maker high.

Agreed, but most rental units won't allow you to grow weed, nor do townhouse or apartments.
Trudeau certainly screwed this up, just like everything else he touches.
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

The liberals are in competition with the drug lords.
Their prices were never competitive and street prices have dropped. Not sure how this all keeps “drugs out of the hands of children” which was the liberal reasoning for doing it. Maybe that’s why the drug lords also sell drugs, to keep them away from kids? First time use is up, and use among young is up.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

I know this particular thread is about starbuds, but the hobo pot shop that opened this last week on Springfield is charging about the same crazy prices! Online I am buying 30 ml of 500 mg CBD oil for $39.00 a bottle. These new shops opening are double and even triple that! I am not a recreational user, this is strictly for my health and no thc. No high.
When the shop on Main Street was operating in Westbank till they were forced to close in October, they were selling this product for $35.00 a bottle, and they were making a good profit at that price. So at $127.00 a bottle, that’s insane! And the Hobo store was mobbed today, bringing in a fortune! CBD users can’t use the black market. Where are people working that they can afford these prices? It’s about greed, but then again, isn’t everything?
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

vinnied wrote:https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-262248-1-.htm#262248
Nice to see some stores opening up around here. However, I cant see them lasting very long with the prices they charge.
who in there right mind is going to pay 75 dollars for 3.5 grams of weed? They will never compete with the black market at those prices. Just my opinion

I think people that smoked illegally could go and keep buying it form their dealer, but people that never bought it illegally will buy it from the shops.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

The name annoys me.
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

binky11 wrote:I know this particular thread is about starbuds, but the hobo pot shop that opened this last week on Springfield is charging about the same crazy prices! Online I am buying 30 ml of 500 mg CBD oil for $39.00 a bottle. These new shops opening are double and even triple that! I am not a recreational user, this is strictly for my health and no thc. No high.
When the shop on Main Street was operating in Westbank till they were forced to close in October, they were selling this product for $35.00 a bottle, and they were making a good profit at that price. So at $127.00 a bottle, that’s insane! And the Hobo store was mobbed today, bringing in a fortune! CBD users can’t use the black market. Where are people working that they can afford these prices? It’s about greed, but then again, isn’t everything?

yup, 120 dollars a bottle at the one on the highway before winfield. crooks
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

Crooks indeed! On the site I use to buy my cheap CBD, they knock off the shipping charges if you order more than $200.00. So I just put my order in every 8-10 weeks and get free shipping. Plus they put it on at 10 and 15% off at least once a month. If they can make a profit from $30-40 a bottle, why on earth are people spending so much at these shops? But as long as people will pay these prices, the will never go down. I was really hoping that the private shops would be cheaper than the government site. I trust the site where I order from as my QOL changed dramatically after using theirs since the beginning of this year.
If only people would boycott these prices we could all be paying less, and they could still make a huge profit. I don’t get why they are willing to pay so much more just because it is from a legal place. There are many good quality places to buy from online at tremendously lower prices. And it’s delivered to your door!
OldBlindDog
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by OldBlindDog »

Gixxer wrote:The name annoys me.

I wonder if Starbucks would have a legitimate case for copyright infringement.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Hopefully the government strikes a balance and makes a killing off this untapped demographic :up:
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

jimmy4321 wrote:Hopefully the government strikes a balance and makes a killing off this untapped demographic :up:

Newbies to pot use will more than likely use these outlets, long time pot smokers have their usual sources. Which most likely are still around.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Numbers will tell.
Ontario's online orders were huge, I think it all should stay online and/or government liquor stores.
I just think the profit margin selling government regulated weed in a private shop can't be that great while keeping competitive.
They'll all have to resort to selling junk food like gas stations to make some extra dough.
mnprochnau
Banned

Post by mnprochnau »

Just grow your own. Whatever rules limit your growing space like living in a townhouse or apartment have nothing to do with the Prime Minister to infer a relationship is pretty small minded and immature.

Return to “Health”