Rogue Meeting Nets Scolding

LyricalOne

Rogue Meeting Nets Scolding

Post by LyricalOne »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#265019

Anderson and Garis are creating nothing but issues and making sensitive scenarios even worse. I am happy to see Mayor Cumming speak out about the fact that these two were in the wrong but there really does need to be more consequence for their "rogue" behaviors....this is not the first time those two have made a sensitive situation more volatile and they are NOT helping as they are only feeding their personal agenda of making City Council and the entire downtown look slovenly and ill equipped.

Don't kid yourself folks, our City Council would be a heck of a lot more productive if those two were not on council.
"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy."
"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly"[/b]
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Re: Rogue Meeting Nets Scolding

Post by gordon_as »

Here is an alternative view. Both of those council members were elected by local people to represent local people , not to tow the official city line.
Last edited by gordon_as on Sep 4th, 2019, 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
tabubil
Fledgling

Post by tabubil »

I will say that Scott Anderson was obsessed with being acting leader of the BC Conservatives but Garis has always seemed sensible to myself. I give them credit they had the back bone to go down and talk with these people, all the mayor did was send a letter instead of going down and talking face to face about the fact.
This is the problem in Vernon and the mayor and most of council are just putting their heads in the ground and ignoring it or passing off a some else problem.
The mayor and council are obsessed seeing how much taxpayers money they can spend and how high they can raise taxes and make themselves look good than talking with us the taxpayers
It might not hurt all of council, the senior officer, heads of agencies and department heads in city hall to go down and live in these areas for several weeks and then see what they say.
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

City council = inaction. Political correctness , and perceived sensitivity to social issues seems to trump the concern and wishes of the majority of the actual taxpayers. Next election , the ones who are bold enough to stand up and actually represent the wishes of the voters , are most likely to end up in one of those council chairs.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

Good on these 2. Screw the Mayor, city council, and bleeding hearts with their endless excuses.
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

Gixxer wrote:Good on these 2. Screw the Mayor, city council, and bleeding hearts with their endless excuses.

Don't hold back Gix , tell us how you really feel. :biggrin:
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

This is how democracy ends. With rogue leaders going their own way and setting up a militia and a fiefdom, challenging elected bodies when they don't agree with the results. Most of Central America is ruled this way with local strongmen with gangs backing them up. And we wonder why people from there seek refugee status.
DetectivePikachu
Board Meister

Post by DetectivePikachu »

Talking to residents is “going rogue?

What a joke of a complaint.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

bob vernon wrote:This is how democracy ends. With rogue leaders going their own way and setting up a militia and a fiefdom, challenging elected bodies when they don't agree with the results. Most of Central America is ruled this way with local strongmen with gangs backing them up. And we wonder why people from there seek refugee status.

Iam pretty sure your misrepresenting the situation and these two council members have the right attitude and moving in the correct direction
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

LyricalOne wrote:https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-265019-2-.htm#265019

Anderson and Garis are creating nothing but issues and making sensitive scenarios even worse. I am happy to see Mayor Cumming speak out about the fact that these two were in the wrong but there really does need to be more consequence for their "rogue" behaviors....this is not the first time those two have made a sensitive situation more volatile and they are NOT helping as they are only feeding their personal agenda of making City Council and the entire downtown look slovenly and ill equipped.

Don't kid yourself folks, our City Council would be a heck of a lot more productive if those two were not on council.

the whole council received the informations before Friday so there lieing and they all had the same opportunity to go talk the people and get a feel for the context of the situation ;;
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

Something needs to be done soon its only getting worse. Free housing isnt going to stop the crime. These drug addicted junkies will still have an expensive drug habit to feed everday.
tabubil
Fledgling

Post by tabubil »

As I just read on Castanet Councillors Anderson and Fehr might bring back a motion to seek more help from different levels of government I ask this question, Is councilor Fehr in conflict if he brings forth a motion to seek help (financial assistance) and he presently sits on the board of Turning Points a major recipient of municipal, provincial and federal monies to help the homeless and addict?
I think that councilor Fehr should not have his name on this, take part in any discussions on the subject or vote on the subject. He should not even be at any meetings.
My opinions only and I am not an expert of parliamentary law.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

Definitely conflict of interest in my opinion. He should give up one or the other.

Return to “North Okanagan”