Isis in Enderby

kiabird
Fledgling

Re: Isis in Enderby

Post by kiabird »

Rather than considering the issue to be part of an election ploy, perhaps we should focus on risk management.
Strange that some people are apparently so "cloistered" that they fail to recognize what the issue is.

Maybe it's time Canada dissolves the Immigration and Refugee Board.
Lawyers fighting lawyers, all of whom seem to forget Canada was once "safe" from terrorists.

Board members Rempel and Diner should be held personally responsible for what happens.
Not "if" something happens, but "when".
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

So just what IS the issue?

Dissolving government functions? Holding government officials "personally responsible" for their decisions? What kind of world are we heading for if we did things like that? Probably some kind of Stalinist state with show trials.
kiabird
Fledgling

Post by kiabird »

Dissolving government functions? Holding government officials "personally responsible" for their decisions? What kind of world are we heading for if we did things like that? Probably some kind of Stalinist state with show trials.

Ah...so fear IS possible.

Which of the two is likely: (a) Stalinist state, or (b) an unmitigated liar "“Hamdan (who) used 14 different Facebook accounts to promote terrorist attacks in Canada and celebrated the cold-blooded terror killings of Canadian soldiers on Canadian soil,” acting out his devout utterings.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

case closed ship him back yesterday https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#265263
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Somebody should be on here posting that Justin should be handing this guy a check for $10 million. Come on, get with the program here. And there should be another post about "frontier justice". You're falling behind.
kiabird
Fledgling

Post by kiabird »

Somebody should be on here posting that Justin should be handing this guy a check for $10 million. Come on, get with the program here. And there should be another post about "frontier justice". You're falling behind.

Nice deflection...
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

:topic:
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Chyren
Board Meister

Post by Chyren »

Ok I seriously am confused. Reading a lot of the comments it seems a lot of people are mad at the government. I'm no fan of JT but wasn't it the court that allowed this guy to stay?
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 1791 »

Chyren wrote:Ok I seriously am confused. Reading a lot of the comments it seems a lot of people are mad at the government. I'm no fan of JT but wasn't it the court that allowed this guy to stay?

Are judges not appointed ? Sounds like a government problem to me. If the judges were elected we could fire them .
tabubil
Fledgling

Post by tabubil »

Chyren wrote:Ok I seriously am confused. Reading a lot of the comments it seems a lot of people are mad at the government. I'm no fan of JT but wasn't it the court that allowed this guy to stay?

Yes the judges are appointed but they only enforce laws and penalties that the government of day says it wants. The government sets the rules and if they wanted to have him deported they can go through the problem legal changes ie. parliament and elections to change these

Do I think they should be changed yes, of you are found guilty of a deportation issue it should be carried out in a timely and quick manner not letting them stay around and disappear of years.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Would you deport someone to their country of origin knowing full well that person would be put to death?

We don't have the death penalty in Canada, but yet the death penalty is applicable ONLY to immigrants.
Bring back the LIKE button.
tabubil
Fledgling

Post by tabubil »

alanjh595 wrote:Would you deport someone to their country of origin knowing full well that person would be put to death?

We don't have the death penalty in Canada, but yet the death penalty is applicable ONLY to immigrants.

You cannot guarantee that they will be killed when they go back, it is their word against their government and if they come to this country and say they will abide by our rules then break them or preach terrorism out on the first plane.
Yes we do not have the death penalty but I strongly believe that maybe we should have it as it is a good deterrent to some crimes.
Now everyone do not start up the death penalty fight again I am just stating my opinion.
Chyren
Board Meister

Post by Chyren »

alanjh595 wrote:Would you deport someone to their country of origin knowing full well that person would be put to death?

But once again this is not a common "immigrant" situation. To lump this guy with legal immigrants and refugees is cherry picking the argument.

This is a person that wanted people to die in Canada. He's not from here and the only reason he is here is to enjoy the fact that our country is the best place in the world to be. This country is one where we are free to say whats on our mind as long as it doesn't threaten people. This guy, by his own words, states that if he goes home he faces serious danger yet, wishes those same things to happen to Canadians.

Do not make the mistake here and make this guy part of the larger immigration debate because there is nothing here to debate.

This is not a "government" issue its a legal one. This guy does not deserve to enjoy the same freedoms you and I enjoy (that were provided to us by the blood of those that fought for us) and hide behind Canadian kindness. He makes all legal immigrants and refugees look bad and should not be here.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

exactly,
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

the Bottom line here in my opinion is the scum bag has been ordered deported he should stay in custody till hes deported period end of story

Return to “North Okanagan”