Leaders debate

fvkasm2x
Guru

Leaders debate

Post by fvkasm2x »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/26 ... ers-debate

I found it pretty sad that JT felt so highly of himself that he couldn't show up for a debate.

Doesn't want to answer hard questions and unlike question period... he can't have a minion stand up and answer for him.
jimmy4321
Guru

Re: Leaders debate

Post by jimmy4321 »

I think Trudeau won this one
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

jimmy4321 wrote:I think Trudeau won this one

I was just going to post "I bet the Unifor-paid DI's will declare Trudeau the winner". Amazing.

watching that debate I guess I have to give kudos to May for showing up appearing at least somewhat sober. I did miss the guy with the nice hair that was at the 2015 debates. Where was he?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

For Trudeau's own sake he really should've attended, it doesn't look good when you don't defend yourself against criticism. The other candidates really took advantage of it.
floppi
Lord of the Board

Post by floppi »

Isn't that happening everyday? More of the same ole same ole. I'm with jimmy, JT wins by not being there. It was a smart strategic move, imo.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

The empty podium reflects his empty head and empty promises.

Trudeau has nothing to offer Canadians.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Actually I think it was a smart move for Trudeau, it allowed for 2nd,3rd and 4th place to show the public why they are 2nd,3rd and 4th place. Lol
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

“Good to see you,” Green Leader Elizabeth May said as she walked over to Trudeau’s empty podium before the debate started.

LILLEY: Trudeau bails and Scheer wins in first debate

Trudeau chose not to attend and instead to visit a pair of ridings in British Columbia during the day before an evening event in Edmonton.

His absence allowed Andrew Scheer to stand beside two opponents clearly not ready for prime time and look like the only viable option to Trudeau himself.

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnis ... rst-debate
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Actually, since it was termed a leaders' debate, there's the distinct possibility that Justin Trudeau felt unqualified. He couldn't lead himself to his sock drawer, let alone lead a country.

If you thought Trudeau ran away tonight, just wait until the cops come to arrest him. He'll be hightailing it to the Aga's island, seeking refugee status.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

May not be Lavalin, India, pipelines, ethics, or what-have-you that’ll bring JT down, it could be just something simple like being the first person in the world to not show up for a leaders debate which is a time honoured tradition. WTH.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Scheer 1.93m
Trump 1.9m
Harper 1.88m
Trudeau 1.88m
Jagmeet 1.78m
Macron 1.77m

Trudeau is on the puny side as far as leaders go. Funny how you rarely see short or bald leaders. Scheer is so tall most people have to look up and see his face against the sky as sun rays appears to come from his being. lol.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

jimmy4321 wrote:Actually I think it was a smart move for Trudeau, it allowed for 2nd,3rd and 4th place to show the public why they are 2nd,3rd and 4th place. Lol

By not showing up for a debate for leadership of the citizens of this country? That makes no sense.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Considering no one with the ability to be a leader attended the debate it wasn't worth watching...and I didn't.

It's all lies anyway so why do people bother?
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Well, you have to admit, those socks of Justin's are quite noticeable. What I'm also noticing is the top business minds on BNN shaking their heads about the boneheaded, gutless Trudeau hiding from Canadians and gladhanding with his inner groupies instead. He's hiding SNC information just like he's hiding from Canadians who want to be informed about the various parties and leaders before they vote. He's snubbed YOU, Canada.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Jagmeet is a good looking Man. Personally I think a cage fight or a game of Jarts would be more interesting than a debate. Those tend to be name calling and grandstanding.
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second

Return to “Federal Election 2019”