It's heeereee – Flu season

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
RustyCrayon
Board Meister

It's heeereee – Flu season

Post by RustyCrayon »

Seems early for the flu.
It's a nasty one... Comes on fast and hits like a fully loaded dump truck.
Yuck. :thumbsdown:
I have quarantined myself to avoid spreading this horrible thing to anyone else.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Re: It's heeereee – Flu season

Post by Catsumi »

Yikes! Are you sure it wasn't something you ate? Much too early for that nonsense to start.

Whatever it is, get well soon Rusty.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
RustyCrayon
Board Meister

Post by RustyCrayon »

Catsumi wrote:Yikes! Are you sure it wasn't something you ate? Much too early for that nonsense to start.

Whatever it is, get well soon Rusty.

Thanks Catsumi! I'm not sure it's anything I ate. Unless I picked it up at the IPE...which is possible. It started with an extremely sore throat on Monday evening, and then ramped up yesterday into a fever, chills, splitting headache, extreme lethargy, diarrhea, nausea, crazy body aches...I feel like I've been rolled down a rocky slope. Toss in some sinus congestion and now it seems I've developed an obnoxious wet cough. Hooray!

I'm going back to bed now. :sleepdeprived:
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I'm cleaning my computer with antiseptic wipes as I type this!
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
RustyCrayon
Board Meister

Post by RustyCrayon »

Bsuds wrote:I'm cleaning my computer with antiseptic wipes as I type this!

Good plan.

Still quarantined, significant other is away until next week and nobody is coming over until I'm well. There will be some serious hazmat level decontamination going on around here once I kick this thing.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

I don't think you have to worry about anyone coming over. Yuck.

Plenty O rest.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

RustyCrayon
Board Meister

Post by RustyCrayon »

gman313 wrote:Could easily be a Noro as well.

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/ ... ports.html

It's definitely not Noro. I have not been vomiting (I have a very real phobia regarding this) and the diarrhea was mostly limited to the second day...thankfully.

Thank you for posting the link! Interesting to be able to track the flu like that...

There would be no record of my case, because I haven't visited the doctor, hospital or clinic to be tested. I didn't want to risk spreading this thing around. But I can say that this is far more volatile than any cold I have ever had. If things haven't improved by next week, I will consider seeing my doctor though.
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

RustyCrayon wrote:
It's definitely not Noro. I have not been vomiting (I have a very real phobia regarding this) and the diarrhea was mostly limited to the second day...thankfully.

Thank you for posting the link! Interesting to be able to track the flu like that...

There would be no record of my case, because I haven't visited the doctor, hospital or clinic to be tested. I didn't want to risk spreading this thing around. But I can say that this is far more volatile than any cold I have ever had. If things haven't improved by next week, I will consider seeing my doctor though.

I find it interesting to track. You are correct it is reported Influenza Like Illnesses only.

Hope you feel better soon! Our kids both had it as well.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Apparently my immune system must be doing its job, I've never had flu so I've never needed any shots.
Worst I have had is bad cold, those come and go in a few days.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

RustyCrayon wrote:Seems early for the flu.
It's a nasty one... Comes on fast and hits like a fully loaded dump truck.
Yuck. :thumbsdown:
I have quarantined myself to avoid spreading this horrible thing to anyone else.

I missed an entire week of work, and the weekends on either side were utterly useless. I don't think I've ever been hit so hard for so long.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
RustyCrayon
Board Meister

Post by RustyCrayon »

Glacier wrote:I missed an entire week of work, and the weekends on either side were utterly useless. I don't think I've ever been hit so hard for so long.

Same here. This thing has really kicked the cr@p out of me. Day 5 and I'm only feeling slightly better, but not enough to do much more than to take the dog for a very short stroll, which left me sweaty, nauseated and dizzy. Luckily I work from home and am between projects at the moment. Great timing I guess. Wanted to get out to Silver Star to do some mountain biking this weekend, but I really don't see that happening now. Hope nobody else catches this thing.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

time for the sheep to get the flu shot that does not work only 30% effective at best
last year , https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/915050 not worth putting that poison in your body people
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Lore
Übergod

Post by Lore »

Lore
Übergod

Post by Lore »

Return to “Health”