Election signs

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Election signs

Post by The Green Barbarian »

I was driving over the bridge yesterday and saw that the Albas sign that been on the hill on the Kelowna side was gone. In its place was a Liberal sign. I don't want to accuse the Liberals of knocking down the Albas sign, as that is more behavior we see from the NDP and the union thugs behind that horrible party, but it still looked really bad. For shame all involved. For shame indeed.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Election signs

Post by Bsuds »

Election signs other than on private property should be illegal. They are just visual pollution!

But you are correct no one should remove a sign unless authorized.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Pete Podoski
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Pete Podoski »

The Green Barbarian wrote:I was driving over the bridge yesterday and saw that the Albas sign that been on the hill on the Kelowna side was gone. In its place was a Liberal sign. I don't want to accuse the Liberals of knocking down the Albas sign, as that is more behavior we see from the NDP and the union thugs behind that horrible party, but it still looked really bad. For shame all involved. For shame indeed.

I wouldn't put in past the rabid thugs that support that Liberal M.P. whose name eludes me at the moment.

And of course, union thugs from Unifor are the same ilk as the B.C. unions that own John Horgan, and they are on Team Trudeau.
Be sure to read Justin Trudeau's new autobiography: Sunny Day Sketches of a Small Mind
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

I was surprised (well, not totally surprised) to see the ridiculous number of NDP and Liberal plastic-over-wire signs [and Liberal corrugated plastic signs] on public property in Penticton.

Surely this is not an appropriate way for any party campaigning on their concern about the impacts of plastics on the environment to model their beliefs.

Edited to correct myself. The signs I was looking at were actually corrugated plastic. My apologies.
Last edited by rustled on Sep 21st, 2019, 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Pete Podoski wrote:
I wouldn't put in past the rabid thugs that support that Liberal M.P. whose name eludes me at the moment.

And of course, union thugs from Unifor are the same ilk as the B.C. unions that own John Horgan, and they are on Team Trudeau.

I believe that the name of the Liberal was "Murray". Is that the name of the Liberal MP? As I just found out that there was a Liberal MP in the Okanagan (how did that happen?) if someone could enlighten me that would be nice.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

impo campaign signs are nothing more than roadside litter. A sign has never influenced me to vote for one candidate over another, what does is the person them self (the actual candidate).
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

I've seen signs near work up in east Kelowna for both liberals and conservatives that have been damaged in the first couple days up. Kids just being donkey's is how it looked to me for those at least.
Carrs Landing Viking
Übergod

Post by Carrs Landing Viking »

Put a limit on the signs per candidate.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

As long as they're all picked up immediately after election day I fine with it all
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

The unknown Liberal MP (what's his name?) is showing his massive ego with his face plastered all over his way too busy signs. Does he think his gelled hairdo is going to get the babes to vote for him? Contrast that with the other candidates' signs which are respectful and simply tell us who the candidate is, which is the way it should be.

Voters should familiarize themselves with the candidates' names and which party they are affiliated with, and then seek information from there. That's what all the other parties' signs do. Voters don't want a dufus with Brylcream dripping down his face gawking at them. #creepyoldwhiteguy
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

removed
Last edited by Catsumi on Sep 17th, 2019, 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Baiting
baron1963

Post by baron1963 »

I was out door knocking for Tracy Gray during the selection process for our Conservative candidate to replace Ron Cannon. Gone Fishing & GB, don’t underestimate Fuhr and the Liberals in Kelowna Lake Country, he is well liked and respected. Your comments about him are childish and actually make it harder to convince Liberal supporters and those on the fence to vote Conservative because they want educated and intelligent responses to those issues that matter to them, such as changing climate, investment in infrastructure, etc.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Seems when it comes to elections, candidates think they own every bit of grass and can do whatever pleases them. At least the candidate in question didn't place the sign without permission, unlike the Conservative candidate in Ontario. Homeowners went viral with their response.

A colourful protest by an East York couple over a misplaced election sign has sparked an intense reaction — all over a piece of bad advice, they say.

After Katie Jeanne and Dan Lovranski said an Elections Canada worker told them — incorrectly, at first — they could not throw out a sign for Toronto-Danforth’s Conservative candidate that had been placed on their front lawn without permission, the pair decided to get creative.

“Don’t vote for →,” the couple wrote on one hand-painted poster they staked beside the offending sign on Sunday. “They placed their sign on our lawn without our consent,” they wrote on a second — both in big bold letters inside a yellow border, Honest Ed’s style.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2019/0 ... viral.html

And no, Brylcream isn't correct - it's
51wBhFWcJdL._AC_UL160_.jpg
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Pete Podoski
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Pete Podoski »

I'm surprised the Brylcreem guy didn't use more makeup for his campaign photo.

It's not a dressup party. It's a serious job with huge responsibility.

Time for a change.

Be sure to read Justin Trudeau's new autobiography: Sunny Day Sketches of a Small Mind
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

Gone_Fishin wrote:The unknown Liberal MP (what's his name?) is showing his massive ego with his face plastered all over his way too busy signs. Does he think his gelled hairdo is going to get the babes to vote for him? Contrast that with the other candidates' signs which are respectful and simply tell us who the candidate is, which is the way it should be.

Voters should familiarize themselves with the candidates' names and which party they are affiliated with, and then seek information from there. That's what all the other parties' signs do. Voters don't want a dufus with Brylcream dripping down his face gawking at them. #creepyoldwhiteguy

I've seen his big signs too. Sadly after 4 years the "results that matter" slogan only implies to me him getting a nice MP pension. Haven't seen him give a crap about this area other than that.

Return to “Federal Election 2019”