"Honest. Ethical. Caring. Leadership. ELECTION PLATFORM 2019"

http://www.greenparty.ca/sites/default/ ... _09-16.pdf
Scorp
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Green Party Platform 2019

Post by Scorp »

Eighty-eight pages, but with nice pictures. :biggrin:

Buried in the fine print, a curiosity:

"Ensure illegal handguns are intercepted and kept out of our cities. Redirect Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) resources to weapons smuggling and reduce pursuit of people living in Canada without proper residency, but who are otherwise law-abiding. Launch a confidential buyback program for handguns and assault weapons."

:135:
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

What's with May's biblical references lately??
This is NOT accidental , what's her angle here?
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

jimmy4321 wrote:What's with May's biblical references lately??
This is NOT accidental , what's her angle here?

she wants the older bible thumper vote
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Elizabeth May considered being an Anglican priest at one time and calls herself Christian.
I did not read their election platform. What biblical references does she make? Anything beyond being "Good stewards of the Earth"?
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Jlabute wrote:Elizabeth May considered being an Anglican priest at one time and calls herself Christian.
I did not read their election platform. What biblical references does she make?

Just jibber jabber about Noahs Ark vs the Titanic and some other thing before that that was out of place, just oddball stuff for a political campaign.
I was aware of her history but she never really brought it up much till this campaign.
Scorp
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Scorp »

Scorp wrote:"Honest. Ethical. Caring. Leadership. ELECTION PLATFORM 2019"

http://www.greenparty.ca/sites/default/ ... _09-16.pdf

Search terms: "Noah's Ark," and, "Titanic," . . ..

But then as to, "jibber jabber," what I stopped short of mentioning in my second post was, "word salad."

And here I thought I was the worst. :biggrin:
featfan
Guru

Post by featfan »

Latest from the Green Party National Post article. https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/ ... zabeth-may

OTTAWA — In an era of “fake news” controversies, photoshopping a reuseable metal straw and a reuseable cup into the hand of Green Party Leader Elizabeth May would not be the greatest idea.

But that’s what the Green Party did and then prominently displayed it on the party website.

Such fakery in the middle of an election raises issues of how such misinformation is used, say experts in the “fake news” phenomenon.

“It would probably be good practice for official political parties to avoid photoshopping images,” said Britt Paris, a researcher for the Data & Society Research Institute who focuses on visual propaganda and disinformation. “But it’s almost a moot point when photoshopping can be performed by anyone and that manipulated image can then be shared or retweeted by an official political party, an operative… or even just a celebrity.”

The Green Party admitting using Photoshop to add a reuseable cup and metal straw in the photo.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Greens can promise what they want cause 4th place can't be held accountable.

Return to “Federal Election 2019”