Sheer tax cuts

Brerrabbit18
Fledgling

Sheer tax cuts

Post by Brerrabbit18 »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... uts#265929

I really don't want to vote for Trudeau, so when is the Conservative party going to come up with some NEW policies?
If I keep seeing the old Harper policies recycled as new Sheer policies... :popcorn:
jimmy4321
Guru

Re: Sheer tax cuts

Post by jimmy4321 »

Brerrabbit18 wrote:https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/265929/Scheer-promises-tax-cuts#265929

I really don't want to vote for Trudeau, so when is the Conservative party going to come up with some NEW policies?
If I keep seeing the old Harper policies recycled as new Sheer policies... :popcorn:

Good luck with that, you're gonna need a bigger bag of popcorn
stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by stuphoto »

We all know when a politician is telling you the truth.
Never!
They just lie more at election time.
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by voice of reason »

why would you not want tax cuts? if trudeau gets re-elected you will 100% face tax increases . 4 years of high taxes and reckless spending and we are in no way better off than we were under the conservative harper govt
RVThereYet
Übergod

Post by RVThereYet »

Brerrabbit18 wrote:https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/265929/Scheer-promises-tax-cuts#265929

Question: Did anyone go to this event in Lake Country this morning by chance? I'd be interested in knowing how many people actually showed up to listen to him? At 9:00 AM on a Monday, I doubt there were any more than 10 or 20 people there apart from maybe some party members that were told to be there. All those "hard-working mums & dads" he addressed in that speech, were doing just that, being hard AT work... I don't think it's a coincidence that none of the videos or pictures panned the "crowd".

And apart from all that, those fitness and arts credits he was "introducing" are nothing new ... We had them before, albeit the Libs took it away a couple of years ago and replaced it with a different credit. Anytime we claimed any of the previous credits on our taxes, it made very little difference to our bottom line.Maybe $20 per tax return (on well over $500 spent on a program).

How come a minor tax increase costs me $100's and a major tax cut gains me pennies?
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

Yeah I dunno who plans scheer's schedule but 9am on a monday is kind of a wonky time to hold an event, especially in a toss up district like kelowna/lake country.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

I am for the most popular party that doesn’t give in to the climate scam.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

When political party's (I am not pointing at any one party) talk about tax cuts, it means 1 or more of the following groups services are going to be slashed.
(In no order)
* elderly
* children
* disabled
* veterans
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

GordonH wrote:When political party's (I am not pointing at any one party) talk about tax cuts, it means 1 or more of the following groups services are going to be slashed.
(In no order)
* elderly
* children
* disabled
* veterans

Seems to me that is based on the premise the Canadian government could only cut spending for necessary Canadian programs.

I'll bet if you thought about it, you could come up with examples in the past ten years or so of our government spending vast sums on unnecessary programs within and outside of Canada.

Why not cut in those areas first?
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
floppi
Lord of the Board

Post by floppi »

Oh you mean like spending money on ad campaigns worth 750 million dollars to boost one's party programs and themselves or like spending almost a million dollars on researching the perfect non split sausage or the super hero survey or the 50 million dollar gazebo or millilions spent on changing the military uniform because it had prettier colors or .......or.........kinda like that you mean?
floppi
Lord of the Board

Post by floppi »

Here's the most troubling part about Scheer's 3 tax cuts he's promised with nary one ounce of detail........where is the 60 Billion dollars coming from?.....which many many programs will he have to cut to do these insane and unrealistic promises?

This was the third tax measure from the Conservatives, after pledging to revive the public transit tax credit and introduce a maternity and parental leave tax credit. The party asked the Parliamentary Budget Officer to cost each promise, and all told the taxes will cost just shy of $60 billion over the next decade. Scheer says even with the cuts, and his commitment to increase health and education funding by three per cent a year, he’ll still be able to balance Canada’s books “in a reasonable time.[icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] The question of how he’ll do that will have to wait until the Conservatives release their full platform. [icon_lol2.gif]
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

voice of reason wrote:why would you not want tax cuts? if trudeau gets re-elected you will 100% face tax increases . 4 years of high taxes and reckless spending and we are in no way better off than we were under the conservative harper govt

Because I like living in a well funded country that invests in its' citizens well being?
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

JLives wrote:Because I like living in a well funded country that invests in its' citizens well being?

You get that by ramping up your economy and spending within your means. You don't get that by chasing investment away with high taxes and scuttling development projects. Cash flows into government for our social programs when we attract investors to invest. Trudeau has chased investment away in record numbers, and that's why he has huge deficits, poor services, and 50% of Canadians going bankrupt if they miss a paycheque or two. It's unsustainable and a huge threat to our much-needed social programs.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
floppi
Lord of the Board

Post by floppi »

So what happens when you cut 6 Billion dollars from the government coffer? Where is the money coming from to fund the current programs?......just print more money?....borrow from the Canadian citizens?....sell more weed?....oh wait, in Ontario run by a Conservative, they've managed to lose money selling weed [icon_lol2.gif].....how is that possible?
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

https://www.google.com/amp/s/globalnews.ca/news/3948287/when-it-comes-to-cheque-hand-outs-the-trudeau-government-easily-tops-harpers-record/amp/

Easy, you cut back on all the handouts back down to a Harper government level. Poof money from nowhere. The taxes are raised to pay for all this extra stuff.

Return to “Federal Election 2019”