Jagmeet Singh

Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Jagmeet Singh

Post by Hurtlander »

Now that Singh has come out of hiding, and the Canadian electorate finally have a chance to see who the guy is, he appears to be very nice, and he’s well spoken and articulate, but..... he doesn’t work well with others. At least half of the sitting NDP MP’s that aren’t running in the upcoming election are giving up their seats because they can’t work with Singh, and all the senior executive office staff at NDP headquarters, all of whom worked for both Layton and Mulcair, have quit and moved on because they couldn’t work with Singh.. The team that helped place Layton into being the leader of the official opposition is no longer around to help Singh. Singh is simply too arrogant to listen to anyone. IMHO, if Mulcair was still leader of the NDP, Trudeau would now be fighting it out with May for third place.
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
jimmy4321
Guru

Re: Jagmeet Singh

Post by jimmy4321 »

Seems like a nice guy but that party has issue.
What ever happen with those defectors? Was it originally 15 then down to 10 that went Green or something in NB? Who made it sound like New Brunswickers weren't up to the idea(racist)of voting for someone with a turban?
Anyway I picked up with Singh's NB visit and he comes off nice but IMO NB needs to vote for anyone other than NDP
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

He keeps saying that he is the one working for poor Canadians. In my experience that is code for "I love communism".
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Pete Podoski
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Pete Podoski »

jimmy4321 wrote: Who made it sound like New Brunswickers weren't up to the idea(racist)of voting for someone with a turban?

Ship that line off to Justin, and he can claim a new reason for doing what he did.

I like Jagmeet Singh. I think he's sincere and would represent the left wing voters far better than Justin Trudeau ever would.

I don't agree with his policies much, but he's the truthful, respectful alternative for the left wing. Trudeau sure as hell isn't!
Be sure to read Justin Trudeau's new autobiography: Sunny Day Sketches of a Small Mind
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

Pete Podoski wrote:
jimmy4321 wrote: Who made it sound like New Brunswickers weren't up to the idea(racist)of voting for someone with a turban?

Ship that line off to Justin, and he can claim a new reason for doing what he did.

I like Jagmeet Singh. I think he's sincere and would represent the left wing voters far better than Justin Trudeau ever would.

I don't agree with his policies much, but he's the truthful, respectful alternative for the left wing. Trudeau sure as hell isn't!

Even though Singh doesn’t work well with others, he’s an exponentially better human being than Justin Trudeau.
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Sep 25th, 2019, 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making it personal
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Hard to know what drives a person unless they are under pressure. Trudeau had shown his colors even before he was elected and 4 years later the outcome isn't really a surprise. Jagmeet not working well with others, and potentially emboldening Sikh extremists is enough to not have him in power. In the end, the Green party, NDP party, Liberals are all *bleep* who will combine together to defeat the right if necessary. Strategic voting doesn't always work.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

Hurtlander wrote:Even though Singh doesn’t work well with others, he’s an exponentially better human being than Justin Trudeau.

100%

I'd vote for him any day over Trudeau and I don't want to vote for Singh at all lol
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Hurtlander wrote:Even though Singh doesn’t work well with others, he’s an exponentially better human being than Justin Trudeau.

In other news, so is the mouse that chewed up my electrical cords. Exponentially more helpful too.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Jlabute wrote: In the end, the Green party, NDP party, Liberals are all *bleep* who will combine together to defeat the right if necessary. Strategic voting doesn't always work.

The possibility of a Liberal minority government in coalition with the NDP and Green party is a very real possibility (neither would enter into a coalition with the Cons, and Trudeau would have little problem in spending money to meet their demands). The Cons will likely fail to win a single seat in Quebec, and thanks to the reckless actions of the Doug Ford government, they are going to be hard pressed to win any seats in Ontario. In other parts of the country voters will be voting strategically. Some, like myself, will be voting to ensure neither the Liberal candidate nor the Con candidate are elected. That leaves the NDP and Green Party. I would like to see Trudeau admonished, but even more importantly, I do not want to see another fiscally incompetent Con government. A Liberal minority with the NDP and Green party holding the balance of power would suit me. I would go further and argue that would suit the majority of Canadians as well.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

The Trudeau Liberals haven't been fiscally competent, and having them beholden to Singh won't help.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

rustled wrote:The Trudeau Liberals haven't been fiscally competent, and having them beholden to Singh won't help.

That is true, and the fact Trudeau would likely be open to funding the demands from the NDP and Green Party is a reason that a coalition between the liberals, NDP and Green Party is so likely should the election numbers indicate not one party has enough seats to win a majority (that and the fact every other viable party is ideologically opposed to the Cons).
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Ka-El wrote:
rustled wrote:The Trudeau Liberals haven't been fiscally competent, and having them beholden to Singh won't help.

That is true, and the fact Trudeau would likely be open to funding the demands from the NDP and Green Party is a reason that a coalition between the liberals, NDP and Green Party is so likely should the election numbers indicate not one party has enough seats to win a majority (that and the fact every other viable party is ideologically opposed to the Cons).

There's only one other viable party, and through their actions while in office it has lost the trust of centrist voters and must therefore appeal more strongly to voters from further left.

Singh doesn't strike me as someone who will allow a coalition of minorities to move back toward moderately progressive governance. We'll see increasingly aggressively progressive governance from the Trudeau Liberals if Singh is propping them up.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Not like he'll ever run this country, but you play the hand you're dealt. I know he's just suckholing to his 10%

'I hope he gets impeached,' NDP leader jokes about Donald Trump

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/jagmee ... -1.5299363
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

jimmy4321 wrote:Not like he'll ever run this country, but you play the hand you're dealt. I know he's just suckholing to his 10%

'I hope he gets impeached,' NDP leader jokes about Donald Trump

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/jagmee ... -1.5299363

Oops. Here's his reasoning:
Singh is the first of the Canadian party leaders to comment directly on the possible impeachment of Trump.

"Congress members will make the decision," Singh said in French on Wednesday outside Vancouver's city hall during a media conference. "I think there's a lot of proof to move forward with these proceedings."

Here's the issue:
... the complaint released Thursday offered a broader picture of what was happening in the White House and the administration at the time. In the aftermath of the call, according to the whistleblower, White House lawyers were concerned "they had witnessed the president abuse his office for personal gain," the complaint says.

https://www.castanet.net/news/World/266 ... ls-coverup
Gee, sound eerily similar to the concerns our ethics commissioner was prevented from investigating, concerns about our own PM?

Maybe instead of stirring the pot with international relations, Singh should stick to commenting about what's happening at home.

Return to “Federal Election 2019”