Ford's a thorn in Scheer's rear

jimmy4321
Guru

Ford's a thorn in Scheer's rear

Post by jimmy4321 »

"Exclusive poll reveals 'Doug Ford factor' a big problem for Scheer's Conservatives in Ontario"

https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/ ... in-ontario
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Ford's a thorn in Scheer's rear

Post by rustled »

jimmy4321 wrote:"Exclusive poll reveals 'Doug Ford factor' a big problem for Scheer's Conservatives in Ontario"

It's an interesting strategy, inviting as it does the memory of Kathleen Wynne and equating her policies (and their consequences) with the federal Liberals. I expect we'll see a lot of images to reinforce that same "same-as" messaging over the next little while.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

I'm telling ya Ford is kryptonite.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

jimmy4321 wrote:I'm telling ya Ford is kryptonite.

So's the strategy?
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Libs pay off the post lol
floppi
Lord of the Board

Post by floppi »

rustled wrote:
jimmy4321 wrote:"Exclusive poll reveals 'Doug Ford factor' a big problem for Scheer's Conservatives in Ontario"

It's an interesting strategy, inviting as it does the memory of Kathleen Wynne and equating her policies (and their consequences) with the federal Liberals. I expect we'll see a lot of images to reinforce that same "same-as" messaging over the next little while.

Oh I was told by a CON supporter, the past is the past and it's only the Party that's in power now that's relevant......and that would be the anti middle class social services cutting Ford led CONservative Party.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

floppi wrote:
Oh I was told by a CON supporter, the past is the past and it's only the Party that's in power now that's relevant......and that would be the anti middle class social services cutting Ford led CONservative Party.

No you weren't. No one said that to you.

You've been big on saying the past matters for conservatives however.... not Justins past though. Quite odd. People should hold all to equal standards.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

oh everyone is equal, but ala Animal Farm some are more equal than others :/
Ford is prolly a thorn in lots of people's rears
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Canada traditionally votes different provincial than federally. This is a big advantage that the Liberals are frittering away thanks the constant foibles of their leader.

Ford isn't popular because he isn't a spendaholic dough-brain like Wynne. It would have been nice if the Conservatives had elected a less polarizing leader that is such an easy target for the evil leftist slime out there to exploit, but such is the case.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
floppi
Lord of the Board

Post by floppi »

[icon_lol2.gif] Nice spinning but we all know why the Federal CONs ordered Ford to stay out of the picture for 5 months. When you're getting booed at a historic Raptors win, the CONs have a problem with Ford.

Premier Ford denies unusually long summer break is linked to Federal election

Premier Doug Ford denies the legislature has been recessed for nearly five months to help the federal Conservatives in the fall election campaign.

The legislature will not resume until after the national vote -- and NDP leader Andrea Horwath has said Ford either plans to campaign for federal Conservative leader Andrew Scheer or has been told to lay low to avoid hurting him.

https://www.iheartradio.ca/newstalk-101 ... -1.9313740

Exclusive poll reveals 'Doug Ford factor' a big problem for Scheer's Conservatives in Ontario

The poll shows half of Ontario's population sees their federal vote being swayed — mostly away from the federal Tories — by the Ford government’s performance

Canada Election 2019: Why Doug Ford doesn't want Andrew Scheer to win

With the possibility of Ford’s fight with teachers unions ending in a strike smack dab in the middle of the federal election, Scheer’s electoral prospects are looking even more dicey..........

Does Doug Ford really want Andrew Scheer to win the federal election?

Scheer was campaigning in Ford's backyard in Etobicoke yesterday and there was no sign of the premier. The scene was repeated at Scheer's next campaign stop in Brampton, where Ford turned the tide for the PCs during the 2018 provincial election.

Ford is already messing with Scheer’s chances in a big way in Ontario. The chaos of cuts he’s unleashed on the province has seen to that.

Until Doug started slashing with reckless abandon, Scheer was ahead of Justin Trudeau in Ontario. Now he’s behind, by how much depends on which polls you believe.

And with the possibility of Ford’s fight with teachers unions ending up in a strike in Ontario smack dab in the middle of the election to remind voters of the disaster Ford has been, Scheer’s electoral prospects are looking even more dicey.

https://nowtoronto.com/news/canada-elec ... d-ontario/
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 1791 »

Cuts are good. Cuts are great. Ontario can not afford to be a welfare state. Keep up the good work Doug Ford. Whiners gonna whine either way.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Cuts are sometimes bad. I just think Gilligan's Island when I see his photo.
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

normaM wrote:Cuts are sometimes bad. I just think Gilligan's Island when I see his photo.

Or Fred Flintstone, cuts to essential services can be very bad.
floppi
Lord of the Board

Post by floppi »

Yeah but the skipper and Fred was at least likable.
floppi
Lord of the Board

Post by floppi »

Veovis wrote:
floppi wrote:

No you weren't. No one said that to you.

You've been big on saying the past matters for conservatives however.... not Justins past though. Quite odd. People should hold all to equal standards.

Yeah I was, every time I brought up Harper and I was told by more than one poster, the past is the past but especially by one poster :D .

Oh you mean the themed costume party like Halloween?......wasn't he a drama teacher? So yeah, I expect him to get in character for Arabian Nights.

Return to “Federal Election 2019”