Ford's a thorn in Scheer's rear

floppi
Lord of the Board

Re: Ford's a thorn in Scheer's rear

Post by floppi »

:topic: Isnt this a Ford and Scheer thread??????????? Dont you have couple dozen JT threads to whine in?
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

"Why Scheer campaigns with Kenney but not Ford"

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/scheer ... -1.5301549
floppi
Lord of the Board

Post by floppi »

This is some of the highlights from the link that I found most interesting.....

A negative perception in Ontario puts far more seats in jeopardy than anywhere else in the country. 

Ontarians have lived with a Ford government for over a year, meaning there's been enough time to form opinions about his leadership (whether positive or negative). 

Ford is one of Canada's least popular premiers. Only 38 per cent of people approve of him, according to an Angus Reid poll.

Those opinions aren't helpful for Scheer. A similar survey from the firm found that 42 per cent of Ontarians say they have decided not to vote Conservative because of Ford. 

For his part, the premier says he's been too busy to make an appearance at any of the handful of events Scheer has had in the Toronto region — including one just a few blocks from Ford's home. 

"Honestly, I just haven't had time. I don't want to interfere in the federal election. I want them to go out there and have a good race and let the best party win," Ford said.

When asked about it, Scheer didn't answer directly. He talked about the diverse geography of their volunteers and supporters. .......

Tim Powers, a Conservative strategist with Summa Strategies, says whether or not to share a stage with provincial leaders comes down to opportunity versus cost. 

"Sometimes you're toxic and sometimes you're the Glade air freshener," he said, when asked about the difference between showing up with Ford, versus a premier like Blaine Higgs in New Brunswick. 

Ford's presence wouldn't "produce a favourable outcome" for Scheer's campaign, he said.    

I guess when your getting booed at a historic Raptor's win celebration in your hometown.......you're TOXIC.
It should be a lesson to all the Canadians too that what is happening in Ontario will happen to the rest of Canada if Scheer is elected.
floppi
Lord of the Board

Post by floppi »

Doug who?

Andrew Scheer campaigns in vote-rich Ontario — without Doug Ford

Doug Ford was absent from all of Andrew Scheer's recent appearances in the Greater Toronto Area

Where's Doug Ford? That was one of the more persistent questions hurled at Conservative Leader Andrew Scheer during his mini-tour through Ontario and the Greater Toronto Area in the early days of the federal election campaign.

Ontario's Progressive Conservative premier certainly wasn't with Scheer on Wednesday night at Tory candidate Ted Opitz's campaign office, which is just blocks away from Ford's Etobicoke home. 

"I would have thought that Mr. Ford should be here as well because this is his area," said Ruth Abraham, who worked on Ford's campaign and attended Wednesday's event. "I'm not sure why he's not coming, if he just wants to stay clear of the federal [race]."

Ford has indeed been absent from all of Scheer's appearances in the province, including the Conservative leader's campaign kickoff in Vaughan-Woodbridge last week, and a previous stop in Etobicoke, where Ford holds his provincial seat.

It has raised questions as to whether Scheer is deliberately avoiding Ford, who has seen his popularity drop since his own election in June 2018.

"I think that would be an error," said Conservative supporter Walter Simone, an insurance broker who attended the Scheer rally in Woodbridge, Ont., last week. "Because a lot of Ford supporters are Conservatives and you don't want to tick them off saying, 'Hey, I'm not agreeing with what the provincial premier is doing.'"

Kevin Yeung, who was also in Woodbridge to show support for Scheer, said he too believes it would be a mistake for the federal Conservative leader to keep his distance.

"I think he should reach out," Yeung said. "I think if Scheer really wants to win a majority in Ontario, I think he should really stand by Ford."........

But as Vassy Kapelos, host of CBC's Power & Politics, recently noted, some federal Conservatives have been telling people privately that if the party does lose the election, it will be due to Doug Ford.

Meanwhile, when asked, Scheer has brushed off suggestions that he's deliberately avoiding the Ontario premier. 

"That's just completely false," he said in Mississauga, Ont., last week. "We're going to be all over the province of Ontario and the people who have worked to replace Liberals at the provincial level are obviously going to work to replace Liberals at the federal level."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/andrew ... -1.5285199

Nice deflection Andy, why not tell the truth, you liar.....you know Ford is toxic to your campaign. Why lie when everyone knows the reason Ford isn't beside you campaigning?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

floppi wrote:Doug who?

Andrew Scheer campaigns in vote-rich Ontario — without Doug Ford

Is JT, the Blackface boy campaigning with Kathleen Wynne? If not why not?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 1791 »

Ford won with crushing numbers. Honestly it sounds like folks in Ontario are never happy. Whiners gonna whine
floppi
Lord of the Board

Post by floppi »

It's enough whining to turf him out next election and prevent Scheer from being the next PM :biggrin:
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

floppi wrote:It's enough whining to turf him out next election

Why? Trudeau's best bud Wynne was a total disaster and the NDP are complete loony-tunes. Why would they turf anyone just to go running into the arms of insane whack-job communists?

and prevent Scheer from being the next PM :biggrin:

Scheer has nothing to do with Ontario provincial politics. What the Liberals need to do is focus on electing more centrist leaders who aren't commie nut-cases.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Centurion
Board Meister

Post by Centurion »

Justin Blackface will try anything to distract voters from his racist, sexist, climate criminal ways. The fool was even outwitted by mentally ill, teenage Greta. Justin's latest blackface video of himself dressed as a black person and mocking racist, black stereotypes is despicable and it's tanking him at the polls. No amount of screaming "Ford" is going to help him.
floppi
Lord of the Board

Post by floppi »

Except a whole bunch of Ontarians said Ford affects the way they will vote for in the federal election.....and I can tell you it's not for Scheer. The only hope Scheer has in Ontario is if a lot of them turn towards the NDP instead of the Liberals.
Scorp
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Scorp »

Centurion wrote:Justin Blackface will try anything to distract voters from his racist, sexist, climate criminal ways. The fool was even outwitted by mentally ill, teenage Greta. Justin's latest blackface video of himself dressed as a black person and mocking racist, black stereotypes is despicable and it's tanking him at the polls. No amount of screaming "Ford" is going to help him.

Confusing the 'spectrum' for mental illness. :thumbsdown:
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

floppi wrote:Except a whole bunch of Ontarians said Ford affects the way they will vote for in the federal election.....and I can tell you it's not for Scheer. The only hope Scheer has in Ontario is if a lot of them turn towards the NDP instead of the Liberals.

Thanks to Greta they are all turning to the Greens. The vote split that everyone wanted on the Left is here. Thank you Greta!! Your efforts weren't totally in vain, you managed to do some good while in Canada. Sail back here anytime!
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

So will it be a school strike tomorrow? Ouch!!!
Thanks Premier Ford!!! :up:

Well I was wrong , schools in.
Get smart you all!

Return to “Federal Election 2019”