Trudeau on climate

Frisk
Guru

Trudeau on climate

Post by Frisk »

Why does Trudeau try to have it both ways on climate? Building pipelines while protesting for climate change. Like pick a side dude, honestly. Trying to scrape as many voters from either side is pretty lame, and it's even more lame that people actually fall for it.
jimmy4321
Guru

Re: Trudeau on climate

Post by jimmy4321 »

We're in a transitional period, not everything is black and white.
You can support both at this time
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

jimmy4321 wrote:We're in a transitional period

But where, though? Canada's emissions are basically unchanged since Trudeau took office. That would be okay if he was implementing policies that would help Canada long-term but I have yet to see any evidence of that.
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 1791 »

Yes . Ramp up. Make Canada an energy powerhouse. Its snowing in September. These climate kooks have had their day. Yesterday. Now it is snowing. Lets get after it
Fanboy
Übergod

Post by Fanboy »

I have been looking into our oil and importing versus exporting with climate/CO2 in mind and something with Trudeau really doesn't add up.
Since 2014 our imports of oil from Saudi Arabia have increased by 66%, increasing every single year. So my question is, how is it better when looking at carbon footprint, to import oil from halfway around the world to our refineries then it is to get our own oil there??? Why, again from an environmental perspective, has Trudeau not dove head first into trying to get our oil across the country?? Seems a bit hypocritical to tax us into changing our ways for the climate when he isn't doing the same. What kind of ties or back room deals does he have with Saudi, especially taking into account the continued arms dealings??
While I don't know the specifics on the Conservatives energy corridor, I have been saying for years that something along that lines has been needed here. It absolutely boogles my mind that we don't have a system like that in place already.
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

Fanboy wrote:I have been looking into our oil and importing versus exporting with climate/CO2 in mind and something with Trudeau really doesn't add up.Since 2014 our imports of oil from Saudi Arabia have increased by 66%, increasing every single year. So my question is, how is it better when looking at carbon footprint, to import oil from halfway around the world to our refineries then it is to get our own oil there??? Why, again from an environmental perspective, has Trudeau not dove head first into trying to get our oil across the country?? Seems a bit hypocritical to tax us into changing our ways for the climate when he isn't doing the same. What kind of ties or back room deals does he have with Saudi, especially taking into account the continued arms dealings??While I don't know the specifics on the Conservatives energy corridor, I have been saying for years that something along that lines has been needed here. It absolutely boogles my mind that we don't have a system like that in place already.

This has to be the dumbest election I've ever witnessed. Here's the two big tent propositions simplified even more for you:

liberals - something for everyone.
conservatives - we're not them.

Vote accordingly.

Canada doesn't refine oil in the east. Irving Oil does and they decide where to buy their oil from. Irving doesn't give a flying :cuss: about human rights or geopolitical positioning. All they care about is selling a product for the highest possible price and buying the raw materials at the lowest possible price while investing as little capital as possible.

To quote the CBC article you seem to be referring from: "imports aren't related to politics at all, and are based simply on privately owned Canadian refiners wanting the right kind of oil at the cheapest price".

Conservatives energy corridor - great! Build a pipeline to a bunch of refineries that can't refine Canadian heavy oil, sure why not? It's either that, or plant 2 billion trees. Doesn't matter which way you vote - neither one of those things are going to happen.

Oh brother - we can't be more than one election cycle away from a Brett Wilson or Kevin O'Leary as Prime Minister.

SMH.
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Frisk wrote:Why does Trudeau try to have it both ways on climate? Building pipelines while protesting for climate change. Like pick a side dude, honestly. Trying to scrape as many voters from either side is pretty lame, and it's even more lame that people actually fall for it.

you're looking at the world as black and white. As "sides" and not the gradient it actually is. Just because to the very far right, anything that isn't as extreme seems left, doesn't mean that the liberals are "Left Wing". They are a centrist party. Always have been, and thus their base is moderately in the center. There are some center right, some center left, and the party needs to appeal to both of these. Not everyone in the country is as left wing as the NDP or right wing as the Conservatives. These are the people the party represents, and these are the people who are concerned about BOTH climate change AND energy.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

I'm not sure Justin does climate or energy well. Everything He and McKenna do is virtue signalling and collecting tax dollars. The liberals tax the carbon out of us now, and plenty more in the future as planned and no transparency for those tax dollars. They call a climate emergency without really knowing the state of the climate and being impotent to do anything about it. It's why I don't trust the liberals with tax dollars. I can't get a plastic straw at A&W any longer so Justin calls this protecting great swaths of ocean (certainly an exaggeration). The liberals want to be net-zero by 2050 and they don't say much about their climate plan other than they will plant two billion trees and suggest they will help green [energy] companies. The world is already withdrawing from wind and solar because it doesn't work well and makes energy prices too expensive. It is not a very forward plan. I think the conservative government is a little more realistic, tho they appear to not care, only because they don't virtue signal about something they know is impossible anyways.

Do you agree or disagree with the conservatives plan to make a national energy corridor?
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Everything changes every election cycle, if one party says white the other party feels obligated to say black. If the left said nothing about the environment , the right would be running with the environment number one.
This is why most long term strategies to tackle issues are a day late and a penny short.
Pete Podoski
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Pete Podoski »

jimmy4321 wrote:Everything changes every election cycle, if one party says white the other party feels obligated to say black.

Trudeau is especially struggling with exactly that.

White and black is a BIG issue for him.

Add on his failure to effectively address anything on the climate file (his tax just isn't working, and is nothing but another tax on poor people) and one can understand why he looks like he's been dragged through a knothole backwards.
Be sure to read Justin Trudeau's new autobiography: Sunny Day Sketches of a Small Mind
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

jimmy4321 wrote: If the left said nothing about the environment , the right would be running with the environment number one.

90% wrong. The right would be running against the current eco terrorist laws and regulations. So yes (10%) we would be running with the environment number one but NO (90%) we would not be running with the environment the way current, eco terrorist lies and hoaxes, loony tunes left is currently running with the environment. It would be using sound real science not using the lying IPCC dogma, exaggerations and outright lies.

Maybe we would even get a lawsuit started against the City of Victoria for decades of pollution into the oceans. You know how much the lunatic left in Victoria love lawsuits against their perceived eco enemies. Turnabout is fair play.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
two_shoes1mit
Board Meister

Post by two_shoes1mit »

Fanboy wrote:I have been looking into our oil and importing versus exporting with climate/CO2 in mind and something with Trudeau really doesn't add up.
Since 2014 our imports of oil from Saudi Arabia have increased by 66%, increasing every single year. So my question is, how is it better when looking at carbon footprint, to import oil from halfway around the world to our refineries then it is to get our own oil there??? Why, again from an environmental perspective, has Trudeau not dove head first into trying to get our oil across the country?? Seems a bit hypocritical to tax us into changing our ways for the climate when he isn't doing the same. What kind of ties or back room deals does he have with Saudi, especially taking into account the continued arms dealings??
While I don't know the specifics on the Conservatives energy corridor, I have been saying for years that something along that lines has been needed here. It absolutely boogles my mind that we don't have a system like that in place already.

Why don't you ask Trudeau those great questions. Good luck getting an honest answer.
smoky500
Fledgling

Post by smoky500 »

Some how buying carbon credits is going to save the environment :biggrin: :200:
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

I saw a well known local Conservative supporter taking groceries home in a plastic bag.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

bob vernon wrote:I saw a well known local Conservative supporter taking groceries home in a plastic bag.
:200:
Say it isn't so! Will this hypocrisy never end?

Oh, wait. It's the other parties that are virtue signalling on single use plastics.

Carry on...
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.

Return to “Federal Election 2019”