Woman assaulted at beach

gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Woman assaulted at beach

Post by gordon_as »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/26 ... d-at-beach

Some lessons you learn the hard way.
I have to wonder what exactly "confronted" means in this particular incident.
my5cents
Guru

Re: Woman assaulted at beach

Post by my5cents »

gordon_as wrote:https://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/267264/Woman-assaulted-at-beach

Some lessons you learn the hard way.
I have to wonder what exactly "confronted" means in this particular incident.

I'm with you, what did she do in the way of "confront" ? "See something, say something", doesn't mean you have to reprimand the culprit, call the authorities if it's worthy of it, if not, MYOB.

The exception is someone or something being attacked, of course.
Last edited by my5cents on Oct 2nd, 2019, 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

I can only imagine what transpired.

The woman, given her age, was not a physical threat to these people living in the park, and she objected to their presence there and the mess they were making in a public park.
She probably expressed her objections verbally. Two of the persons, of no fixed address, chose to engage with this woman, and the situation escalated to where these two men started shoving/pushing that woman.
(Touching someone is considered assault in Canada.)
She then returned home and called police.

She was lucky that she was not physically harmed, on the other hand, she did generate a CCC file, where the police had to attend and make arrests. She put her personal safety and life on the line, to have her concerns addressed, legally.

I bet that she had filed multiple complaints through every avenue available, with no results. She was frustrated by the inaction by all of the government agencies.

She is one very gutsy grandma. I don't know if she is brave or stupid.
Bring back the LIKE button.
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

It almost sounds like you know "gutsy grandma"
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

gordon_as wrote:It almost sounds like you know "gutsy grandma"

I don't know "gutsy grandma", but I do know many grandmas that are gutsy.

As per the first line in my post, that states, "I can only imagine what transpired".
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

The two men had a dog with them that went after the woman and her dog. She then got slapped and spat on for trying to protect her dog. Too bad their dog wasn't taken away by SPCA.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

Fancy wrote:The two men had a dog with them that went after the woman and her dog. She then got slapped and spat on for trying to protect her dog. Too bad their dog wasn't taken away by SPCA.

seems rather odd you seem to have the exact information's of what exactly happened but the news outlets do not
thanks for posting what this deal was all about and glad shes fine
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

dontrump wrote:
Fancy wrote:The two men had a dog with them that went after the woman and her dog. She then got slapped and spat on for trying to protect her dog. Too bad their dog wasn't taken away by SPCA.

seems rather odd you seem to have the exact information's of what exactly happened but the news outlets do not
thanks for posting what this deal was all about and glad shes fine

Fancy made a comment based upon her opinion on the dogs. IF that is what happened, the news outlets probably would have reported it, as public empathy for animals is far greater than the empathy for some humans. The news article would have garnered more attention if the offending dog was seized.
Likewise, if the old woman's dog had been seriously injured during the confrontation. I am sure there would have been a "GoFundMe" page already been established, and drawn media attention.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

alanjh595 wrote:Fancy made a comment based upon her opinion on the dogs. IF that is what happened, the news outlets probably would have reported it, as public empathy for animals is far greater than the empathy for some humans. The news article would have garnered more attention if the offending dog was seized.
Likewise, if the old woman's dog had been seriously injured during the confrontation. I am sure there would have been a "GoFundMe" page already been established, and drawn media attention.

seems to me her story sounded rather factual and I seriously doubt she simply made up the story here? I don't read this as in any way fancy making this comment simply because shes a dog lover? where do u figure that
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

To clarify - this altercation was posted on other news sites and on Facebook.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat

Return to “North Okanagan”