The JT Blackface or Brownface thread

Pete Podoski
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: The JT Blackface or Brownface thread

Post by Pete Podoski »

two_shoes1mit wrote:
Silverstarqueen wrote:I have explained it many times over, and then I get "methinks she does protest too much".
So now you guys have to figure this out, and deal with reality. And not mis-state what I have written (another tactic, switch what the person says and then denounce it).
I am talking about basic logic, not opinion.
Here's a suggestion, show a lawyer this entire thread, all my statements, not your versions of them, and all the other statements, and maybe he or she can explain the difference between reality and supposition .
I am certain a lawyer would understand this, I am not certain s/he could make you understand.
ANd if anyone ever stands accused of an offense in a court room, they had better hope the jury is smart enough to know the difference.

Is this a case of Gaslighting?
First off, gaslighting is an emotional abuse tactic. Whether done consciously or subconsciously by the gaslighter, it's a form of control that distorts the victim's perspective and leaves them questioning their reality, making them feel like they further need to depend on their abuser.
Or, is it yet another case of.............move along folks, nothing to see here?

It certainly is gaslighting.

It's a favourite tactic of the left. Trudeau uses it to admonish Canadians, making them feel worthless, making them feel enslaved to his rhetoric.

And it's used by some of his digital influencers on these forums. It's easy to spot.
Be sure to read Justin Trudeau's new autobiography: Sunny Day Sketches of a Small Mind
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

rustled wrote:
1791 wrote:Did the video lie ?

Silverstarqueen wrote:
The video shows what it shows.
People are generalizing what the video indicates and then saying , see, that proves he is racist, which the video does not.
Obviously people are going to spin it into whatever they like, to prove whatever THEY THINK, not based on actual factual reality, I can't help that.

Yes, the video shows what it shows. You don't like the interpretation of folks who claim it shows racism.

Trudeau says it was racist behaviour.

Was Trudeau lying to us? Again?

Trudeau's statements are consistent with what I have stated.
I don't like interpretations which mis-state what I said.
PEople can and will interpret this video to show that Trudeau is racist, a jury, a lawyer, would not agree with that interpretation. It could not be used as evidence to prove that.
Last edited by Silverstarqueen on Oct 2nd, 2019, 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Pete Podoski wrote:
two_shoes1mit wrote:
Is this a case of Gaslighting?
First off, gaslighting is an emotional abuse tactic. Whether done consciously or subconsciously by the gaslighter, it's a form of control that distorts the victim's perspective and leaves them questioning their reality, making them feel like they further need to depend on their abuser.
Or, is it yet another case of.............move along folks, nothing to see here?

It's a favourite tactic of the left. Trudeau uses it to admonish Canadians, making them feel worthless, making them feel enslaved to his rhetoric.

And it's used by some of his digital influencers on these forums. It's easy to spot.

So stating the obvious, logic truth, is gaslighting. and all the mis-statements of what I didn't say, are not gaslighting?
IF this makes people feel worthless, maybe they should just stick with the truth and stop twisting what someone else is posting. Go ask a lawyer and they can explain the difference between truth and supposition.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Silverstarqueen wrote:
So stating the obvious, logic truth, is gaslighting.

No, what you are doing is gaslighting, because you are not stating obvious logic or truth. You are deliberately trying to ignore the idiotic and racist behavior of Trudeau, because Trudeau is also the leader of a political party.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Oct 2nd, 2019, 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Baiting
mexi cali
Guru

Re: Acting and Suntanning are racist

Post by mexi cali »

Fanboy wrote:The issue isn't what he is wearing. The issue is the black/brown face.
https://www.vox.com/2014/10/29/7089591/ ... en-costume
Painting your face brown/black has been a racial thing for a long time. "today, blackface reinforces the idea that black people are appropriate targets of ridicule and mockery and reminds us of stereotypes about black criminality, and danger."
As to the hands on approach, what really matters is whether or not that is a student or a peer. Whether she is in distress or not DOES NOT MATTER. If that is a student, this opens a way bigger can of worms.

And posts like this are like gasoline on the fire. Nothing to see here folks. Arabs are medium to dark skinned people. He is dressed as an Arab so he colored his skin appropriately.

Let us remind ourselves of the dictionary definition of racism and then apply it to this; Racism definition is - a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

Now lets ask ourselves this question; when dressing up as a character at a themed party, does one portray that they believe they are superior to the race of the theme? Or, are they simply adhereing to the theme of the moment?

This argument has already been given but lets dredge it up again; Is it OK for a black kid to dress up as superman? If so, then a white kid should be able to dress up as Black Panther, darkened skin and all. If the black kid wants to lighten or whiten his/her skin while dressing up as a white character, go for it. Superman is depicted as being white so why not go all the way and tone your skin appropriately? If, that is, you choose to.

But the reverse is somehow perverse and that simply doesn't hold water.

And who is it that cares about crap like this?

Those who would have the rest of believe that there really are walls between us and them. They never give a seconds thought that their attitudes and delicate sensibilities are in fact encouraging the permanent status of the walls.

These walls need to be torn down. We need to start looking at people for what and who they are. What they bring to the table.

Everytime we react with shock and disgust, we are doing so as a means to helping us feel better about ourselves.

I would bet that most black folk could care less.There are radical black folk who react with indigance just as their are white folks who do but I think that it is those who kick up the fuss that makes it what it is and most of us are like, Meh. better stuff to worry about.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
two_shoes1mit
Board Meister

Post by two_shoes1mit »

Trudeau's statements are consistent with what I have stated.
PEople can and will interpret this video to show that Trudeau is racist, a jury, a lawyer, would not agree with that interpretation. It could not be used as evidence to prove that.[/quote][/quote]

SILVERSTARQUEEN...................you have stated alot, and at length. I have read them all, and still I do not
see the logic in your opinions.
Are you a lawyer? Or, perhaps do you meet with JT every morning over coffee for a chat?
Now..........that I could understand. It would make sense to me where you are coming from.
Yet you are so vague and off putting.................are you from his own caucus?
Just trying to understand what your seeing, from where you are looking.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

rustled wrote:
Silverstarqueen wrote:
People are generalizing what the video indicates and then saying , see, that proves he is racist, which the video does not.
Obviously people are going to spin it into whatever they like, to prove whatever THEY THINK, not based on actual factual reality, I can't help that.

Yes, the video shows what it shows. You don't like the interpretation of folks who claim it shows racism.

Trudeau says it was racist behaviour.

Was Trudeau lying to us? Again?

Silverstarqueen wrote:Trudeau's statements are consistent with what I have stated.
PEople can and will interpret this video to show that Trudeau is racist, a jury, a lawyer, would not agree with that interpretation. It could not be used as evidence to prove that.

I see. So now you've changed tactics from complaining about how people were describing what they saw in the video (Trudeau's actions) to complaining about how some have interpreted the intent of Trudeau's actions in the video.

Trudeau himself apologized for wearing blackface in the past. Trudeau himself explained that his past actions were racist, and he told us that is why his apology was necessary. You seem to be telling us that until he comes out and says the words "what I did in that video was racist" you won't accept that interpretation from anyone else? I'm not saying that's what you said, I'm saying that's what's coming across. Feel free to correct me if that's not what you mean.

Trudeau also told us he didn't tell the selection committee about his use of blackface in the past because he was too ashamed of his actions to speak of them. He either deceived them rather than admit his shameful truth, or lied to us about deceiving them. Trudeau can't have it both ways. Carrying on about how the video should be interpreted is a really strange defence, but I suppose for those intent on making excuses for him, it's all that's left.

Thanks, though, for keeping this front and center. It helps remind us that when issues of Trudeau's total lack of personal integrity crop up, maintaining Trudeau's brand as a pillar of enlightened PC virtue is what Trudeau Liberals and their supporters see as paramount.

Holding Trudeau to account is of little importance to them, and they do not expect Trudeau to behave with integrity and honesty.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Silverstarqueen wrote:

if you can not see what he did was racist, maybe you need to look within
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
floppi
Lord of the Board

Post by floppi »

mexi cali wrote:
Fanboy wrote:The issue isn't what he is wearing. The issue is the black/brown face.
https://www.vox.com/2014/10/29/7089591/ ... en-costume
Painting your face brown/black has been a racial thing for a long time. "today, blackface reinforces the idea that black people are appropriate targets of ridicule and mockery and reminds us of stereotypes about black criminality, and danger."
As to the hands on approach, what really matters is whether or not that is a student or a peer. Whether she is in distress or not DOES NOT MATTER. If that is a student, this opens a way bigger can of worms.

And posts like this are like gasoline on the fire. Nothing to see here folks. Arabs are medium to dark skinned people. He is dressed as an Arab so he colored his skin appropriately.

Let us remind ourselves of the dictionary definition of racism and then apply it to this; Racism definition is - a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

Now lets ask ourselves this question; when dressing up as a character at a themed party, does one portray that they believe they are superior to the race of the theme? Or, are they simply adhereing to the theme of the moment?

This argument has already been given but lets dredge it up again; Is it OK for a black kid to dress up as superman? If so, then a white kid should be able to dress up as Black Panther, darkened skin and all. If the black kid wants to lighten or whiten his/her skin while dressing up as a white character, go for it. Superman is depicted as being white so why not go all the way and tone your skin appropriately? If, that is, you choose to.

But the reverse is somehow perverse and that simply doesn't hold water.

And who is it that cares about *bleep* like this?

Those who would have the rest of believe that there really are walls between us and them. They never give a seconds thought that their attitudes and delicate sensibilities are in fact encouraging the permanent status of the walls.

These walls need to be torn down. We need to start looking at people for what and who they are. What they bring to the table.

Everytime we react with shock and disgust, we are doing so as a means to helping us feel better about ourselves.

I would bet that most black folk could care less.There are radical black folk who react with indigance just as their are white folks who do but I think that it is those who kick up the fuss that makes it what it is and most of us are like, Meh. better stuff to worry about.

:up: I know this thread is kinda silly, hey? It's just partisan CONs going on before the election inventing something that's not there because their guy and party have nothing to talk about when they aren't lying about it.....it's a bit pathetic, imo.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

floppi wrote:
:up: I know this thread is kinda silly, hey?

It was silliness and stupidity that begat this thread. The silliness and stupidity of one man, who should have resigned, if he actually held himself to the same standards as he has held others. Zero integrity, zero brains. The Liberals have to go.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Pete Podoski wrote:

It is fascinating to see the efforts at cognitive dissonance by some of the diehards (here and in elsewhere in Canada) to continue
believing that Trudeau has been a good thing for Canada. What an embarrassing time to be a Canadian.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Oct 2nd, 2019, 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making it personal
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

The Green Barbarian wrote: It is fascinating to see the efforts at cognitive dissonance by some of the diehards (here and in elsewhere in Canada) to continue believing that Trudeau has been a good thing for Canada. What an embarrassing time to be a Canadian.

:D I'm flattered you're so impressed with my posts you feel the need to mimic them. No worries. No copyright.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

Now that we got THAT out of the way how about we get back on topic. :-X
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein

Return to “Federal Election 2019”