Trudeau on climate

floppi
Lord of the Board

Re: Trudeau on climate

Post by floppi »

What is the Conservative's plan then?........oh wait........they have NONE.
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

floppi wrote:What is the Conservative's plan then?

Selling Canada's newer technology and more efficiently produced fuels to the global market to reduce emissions overseas. I'm not crazy about the conservatives but I do believe that's the most effective way to reduce global emissions without crippling Canada's economy.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Frisk wrote:
Selling Canada's newer technology and more efficiently produced fuels to the global market to reduce emissions overseas. I'm not crazy about the conservatives but I do believe that's the most effective way to reduce global emissions without crippling Canada's economy.

:up: :up: :up:
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
floppi
Lord of the Board

Post by floppi »

Frisk wrote:
floppi wrote:What is the Conservative's plan then?

What would that be then? I hope your not writing about peddling nuclear fission so other countries can develop them for weapons.
If your writing about conservatives non plan on investing in green technology, they haven't stated what that tech is to export.......do you know what we would be exporting?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

floppi wrote:
What would that be then? I hope your not writing about peddling nuclear fission so other countries can develop them for weapons.

please. Enlighten us how "other countries" can turn "nuclear fission" into weapons. We are all ears.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Frisk wrote:Why does Trudeau try to have it both ways on climate? Building pipelines while protesting for climate change. Like pick a side dude, honestly. Trying to scrape as many voters from either side is pretty lame, and it's even more lame that people actually fall for it.

Guess what... he is a politician, saying whatever is necessary to win votes.

Every politician does and says whatever it takes to win voters... including pure bs.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
floppi
Lord of the Board

Post by floppi »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
floppi wrote:

please. Enlighten us how "other countries" can turn "nuclear fission" into weapons. We are all ears.

Ummmm.....you know nuclear fission is kinda like a nuclear bomb if one doesn't contol the fission process, hey?
But here you can read up on how a nuclear reactor can be used to enrich fissile material to create nuclear bombs.

https://www.ucsusa.org/nuclear-weapons/ ... als-basics
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

floppi wrote:What would that be then? I hope your not writing about peddling nuclear fission so other countries can develop them for weapons.

Sleep well floppi. No worries. Harper already managed to sell our nuclear fission to SNC for 15 million. He was such a great deal maker he even threw in another 75 million to the complete development another a new reactor.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/aecl-s ... n-1.985786

Oh wait, I forgot. After selling SNC our nuclear fission and 75 million dollars - for 15 million. He loaded SNC up on a plane, flew them to china and sold the technology for SNC.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/report- ... e32000350/
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

floppi wrote:What is the Conservative's plan then?........oh wait........they have NONE.

Better to have no plan that a "do as I say, not as I do" approach to things :up:

smoky500 wrote:Some how buying carbon credits is going to save the environment :biggrin: :200:

Kinda like what I read today:

"Carbon credits are like a fat guy buying a skinny guy lunch and calling it dieting." [icon_lol2.gif]
floppi
Lord of the Board

Post by floppi »

If the fat guy didn't eat, that's dieting.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

floppi wrote:
Ummmm.....you know nuclear fission is kinda like a nuclear bomb if one doesn't contol the fission process, hey?

This I just yet more unadulterated fear-mongering nonsense. What else is new.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

:topic:

trudeau on climate
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

floppi wrote:If the fat guy didn't eat, that's dieting.

But the fat guy eats, and to "offset" he buys a skinny guy lunch. Get it? Good :up:
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

Actually OK I think it works more like this.

A fat guys buys a massive lunch, the homeless guy outside doesn't eat. The fat guy pays double for his meal and states that all everyone is now properly fed. In reality, he only one person has eaten and someone got a pile of extra cash.

This is the same as Justin's carbon plan. There won't be less pollution, there won't be global improvements, but there will be some people with a nice big extra bag of cash.
Pete Podoski
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Pete Podoski »

Here I thought the carbon would balance itself.

I have so many lies from Trudeau, I'm getting them mixed up.
Be sure to read Justin Trudeau's new autobiography: Sunny Day Sketches of a Small Mind

Return to “Federal Election 2019”