Scheer: US citizen and liar

Omnitheo
Guru

Scheer: US citizen and liar

Post by Omnitheo »

So it’s come to light now that Andrew Scheer is a US citizen. While he has begun the process of renouncing this, it is only now that he thought it important to come forward with this information

When asked Thursday why he has not previously disclosed his U.S. ancestry, Scheer said nobody ever asked him.

Yet the conservatives and their apologists felt this excuse wasn’t good enough for Trudeau to not have disclosed that he wore face paint in the past for costume parties.

The fact Scheer holds a US citizenship is especially interesting given the Conservative party, and even a Scheer himself’s criticisms of other government figures holding duel citizenships

Scheer raised concerns about former governor general Michaëlle Jean holding both Canadian and French passports in a 2005 blog post.

"I have a few quick questions for anyone who thinks that Michaëlle Jean is a good choice to be our next GG," Scheer wrote. "What are her qualifications? What experience does she have that would assist her to carry out her duties as our head of state, including the potential to be a referee in a minority government situation?"

He also asked his constituents if they felt it was appropriate for Jean to maintain her French passport. "Would it bother you if instead of French citizenship, she held U.S. citizenship?" Scheer asked.

Under the leadership of former prime minister Stephen Harper, the Conservative Party accused former Liberal leader Stéphane Dion and former NDP leader Tom Mulcair of having divided loyalties as both men had dual Canadian and French citizenship while holding public office.

When asked about Mulcair's citizenship, Harper said in 2015 it was up to Mulcair to decide whether to keep the French passport or give it up. "In my case, as I say, I'm very clear. I'm a Canadian and only a Canadian," Harper said.

And this isn’t even to mention the Conservatives biggest ever slander campaign and millions in attack ads against Ignatieff previously.

But the facts remain, Scheer has demonstrated nothing but Scheer hypocrisy and Scheer dishonesty

Liberal spokesperson Zita Astravas said Scheer has been "fundamentally dishonest with Canadians about who he is."

"Scheer's hidden his core personal positions, he hid facts about his career and education and now he's been caught hiding his American citizenship even while ridiculing others for holding dual citizenship ....

"How can Canadians trust him when he talks about what he'll do, including what he'll cut?"

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/scheer ... 86?cmp=rss
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Drip_Torch
Guru

Re: Scheer: US citizen and liar

Post by Drip_Torch »

His two sisters live in the USA and are … get this, registered republicans, but I'm sheer Andrew decided to stay in Canada for me.
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

Take him in a second over JT
Last edited by Catsumi on Oct 3rd, 2019, 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Name correction
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Drip_Torch wrote:His two sisters live in the USA and are … get this, registered republicans,.

Oh thank goodness - imagine the utter shame if they were Dumbocrats!! Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I didn't peg you for a Scheer fan, but good work my friend.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
floppi
Lord of the Board

Post by floppi »

What a hypocrite! He just got around to renouncing his US citizenship in August, just 2 months before running as the PM and all those years after he criticize other politicians for holding dual citizenship? What a loser!

I made the decision after I became leader of the party to do this. I was focused on other things, rebuilding the party, getting ready for the election, working on the platform. It was always my intention to do (renounce U.S. citizenship) before the election.”

Scheer was elected Conservative leader in May 2017, but his campaign says he only began the process of renouncing his U.S. citizenship in August, on the eve of the federal election campaign...........

I made the decision after I became leader of the party to do this. I was focused on other things, rebuilding the party, getting ready for the election, working on the platform. It was always my intention to do (renounce U.S. citizenship) before the election.”

Scheer was elected Conservative leader in May 2017, but his campaign says he only began the process of renouncing his U.S. citizenship in August, on the eve of the federal election campaign.

In a statement Thursday night, the Liberal campaign accused Scheer of “hiding” his American citizenship and suggested the Conservative leader was misleading Canadians on other aspects of his life and beliefs.

“Over a million Canadians hold dual citizenship — it’s part of what makes Canada great. But none have hidden that fact when running to be Prime Minister,” wrote Zita Astravas, a spokesperson for the Liberal campaing.

“Andrew Scheer has been fundamentally dishonest with Canadians about who he is.”

https://www.thestar.com/politics/federa ... nship.html
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

floppi wrote:What a hypocrite!

Why is he a hypocrite? Is Elizabeth May a hypocrite? If not, why not?

Wow is the desperation really getting stinky. It's looking more and more like a Conservative majority. And rightly so. The entire insane Left is collapsing. They don't deserve your vote folks.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Prime minister of Canada doesn't need to be born here, unlike the president of the US.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
floppi
Lord of the Board

Post by floppi »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
floppi wrote:What a hypocrite!

Why is he a hypocrite? Is Elizabeth May a hypocrite? If not, why not?

Wow is the desperation really getting stinky. It's looking more and more like a Conservative majority. And rightly so. The entire insane Left is collapsing. They don't deserve your vote folks.

Here since you didn't bother to read the link.......

In a 2005 blog post, Scheer questioned whether Michaëlle Jean was a good choice for Canada’s governor general.

“Does it bother you that she is a dual citizen (France and Canada)? Would it bother you if instead of French citizenship, she held U.S. citizenship?” Scheer, then a U.S. citizen, wrote.

When asked about the post Thursday, Scheer said he was just putting the question to his Regina-Qu’Appelle constituents.

When asked if he was concealing his U.S. citizenship by omission, Scheer simply said he “would disagree” with that.

[icon_lol2.gif] What a hypocrite!!!
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Interesting.
A past CBC News investigation found at least 56 parliamentarians from the 2015-19 Parliament, including 44 MPs and 12 senators, were born outside Canada. At least 22 of them have citizenship from other countries. Scheer's U.S. citizenship was not then widely known.

From that story:
As a dual citizenship debacle rocks Australia's political world, Canada's Parliament embraces sitting MPs and Senators who were born around the world and hold dual, or even triple, citizenship.

There are now at least 56 sitting parliamentarians — 44 MPs and 12 senators — born in countries outside Canada, according to information from the Library of Parliament and websites.

At least 22 of them have citizenship from other countries, CBC News confirmed through queries to parliamentarians' offices.

That figure does not include MPs and senators who hold citizenship through descent, naturalization or marriage.

Canadian MPs hold citizenship from various countries, including Afghanistan, Lebanon, Portugal, Poland, Pakistan, Syria, the United States and the United Kingdom....
Others, like Liberal MP Gary Anandasangaree, who was born in Sri Lanka, NDP MP Jenny Kwan, who was born in Hong Kong, and Green Party leader Elizabeth May, who was born in the U.S., told CBC News they aren't even certain of their citizenship status from their countries of birth.
In 2012, then-NDP leadership hopeful Tom Mulcair was forced to defend his Canadian and French dual citizenship. At the time, Stephen Harper said it was up to Mulcair to use his own "political judgment" when questions arose, stating: "In my case, as I say, I'm very clear. I'm a Canadian and only a Canadian."

Former Liberal leader Stéphane Dion faced a similar controversy in 2006, when he was forced to publicly affirm his loyalty to Canada because he held French citizenship, as his mother was born in France.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/dual-c ... -1.4439522

So the question becomes, is this enough to make me vote for Trudeau again?
Hmmm. Think think think. Dual citizenship passed down from his father. Never so much as held a US passport as an adult. Hardly scandalous. Doesn't appear to have hidden it or lied to cover it up because he was too embarrassed to discuss it. Stack that against preventing the ethics commissioner from investigating...

Nope. Not by a long shot. Call me crazy, but I'm gonna risk voting for the guy born with dual citizenship over they guy who uses the PMO to help a transnational corporation avoid criminal prosecution and then hides when the ethics commissioner wants the truth.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

After winning the leadership of the conservative party in 2017 he decided to renounce his American citizenship. A process he started in August. (Unless of course that turns out to be scheer nonsense too.)

You're going to vote for the guy because he hasn't committed an ethics violation as the Prime Minister.

Rustled my friend you're crazy. :130:
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
floppi
Lord of the Board

Post by floppi »

Hmmmmm.......kinda interesting what his mentor and and the previous PM had to say about leaders running with dual citizenships.....and what can one say about Scheer criticizing another rival for hold a dual citizenship secretly knowing he's a dual citizen :200: That is the Scheer Hypocracy!

In 2012, Stephen Harper criticized NDP leader Thomas Mulcair for having dual citizenship with France.

“Just to be clear, these cases have come up in the past, and obviously it’s for Mr. Mulcair to use his political judgment in this case,” Harper said at the time.

“In my case, as I say, I’m very clear. I’m a Canadian and only a Canadian.”

Former Liberal leader Stéphane Dion also faced criticism for his French citizenship, with former NDP leader Jack Layton suggesting a federal leader should “hold only Canadian citizenship.”

The Conservatives also famously ran a series of attack ads against former Liberal leader Michael Ignatieff, who had spent much of his academic career in the United States, which suggested Ignatieff “didn’t come back for you.”
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Drip_Torch wrote:After winning the leadership of the conservative party in 2017 he decided to renounce his American citizenship. A process he started in August. (Unless of course that turns out to be scheer nonsense too.)

You're going to vote for the guy because he hasn't committed an ethics violation as the Prime Minister.

Rustled my friend you're crazy. :130:

Yep. I've been called worse.

I've stacked up everything I know to be true about Scheer and everything he's been accused of and considered the sources, and everything I know to be true about Trudeau and everything he's been accused of and considered the sources, and man, there's just no contest.

Of course, I'm sure the anybody but Scheer crowd will keep on digging and digging, hoping to come up with a sum total of Scheer's wrongdoing that could outweigh the sum total of Trudeau's wrongdoing. There's time. Maybe they'll come up with something to tip the scales. This just ain't it.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

You guys do realize that Trudeau has fourteen MPs in his cabinet that were born outside Canada and/or hold dual citizenship.
No, I didn't think you did.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

The last time Canada had a PM with dual citizenship was 1984, a Liberal... Looks like we’re about to elect a dual citizen Conservative in 2019.
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

rustled wrote:Yep. I've been called worse.

Never by me my friend - I hope you know. (Dogged, pertinacious, mulish, headstrong, indelible, obdurate...)

rustled wrote:I've stacked up everything I know to be true about Scheer and everything he's been accused of and considered the sources, and everything I know to be true about Trudeau and everything he's been accused of and considered the sources, and man, there's just no contest.

Of course, I'm sure the anybody but Scheer crowd will keep on digging and digging, hoping to come up with a sum total of Scheer's wrongdoing that could outweigh the sum total of Trudeau's wrongdoing. There's time. Maybe they'll come up with something to tip the scales. This just ain't it.

Hard to know what it is you know and what sources you consider. So, let me ask you this, what would you call a man that was part of a gov't that made a thing out of Mulcair, Ignatieff and Dion's duel citizenship... a guy that made a thing out of former governor general Michaelle Jean's duel citizenship on his own blog, but didn't disclose his own duel citizenship?

There's a word for it. I know there is. I'm sure I've heard it used a lot lately.

Return to “Federal Election 2019”