Scheer: US citizen and liar

kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Re: Scheer: US citizen and liar

Post by kgcayenne »

I am more concerned about procrastination tendencies and lack of organization and memory.

Didn't submit revocation of US Citizenship until a very short time ago? What? Excuse me? Did he forget like he forgot about whether he registered for the US Draft?

(reference article: https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/elections/andrew-scheer-says-hes-not-sure-if-he-registered-for-the-us-draft-as-required-by-law/ar-AAIhbN9?li=AAggNb9)
Scheer admitted on Thursday that he is a dual Canada-U.S. citizen and received his American citizenship as a child through his father.

Under U.S. federal law, all male U.S. citizens must register for the draft with the Selective Service System within 30 days of reaching the age of 18.

“This includes dual citizens,” Jacob Daniels, an attorney advisor with the U.S. Selective Service System, said in an email to Global News.

However, Scheer did not say on Friday whether he had complied with the rule.

"I would have to check and get back to you on that," Scheer said when asked by reporters.

He did not actually remember for sure if he signed up for the draft as legally required by the US. How does one not remember whether they have done something like that? He indicated a few hours ago that he indeed registered. Did he have to have someone look it up for him? I want to know: Does he know how to actually do stuff like that himself?
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/andrew ... -1.5309002
So he knew he had registered as he filed the effing paperwork
What it this the new excuse for everything " I can't remember"
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Jmfva
Übergod

Post by Jmfva »

normaM wrote:https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/andrew-scheer-draft-us-selective-service-1.5309002
So he knew he had registered as he filed the effing paperwork
What it this the new excuse for everything " I can't remember"

It's the political playbook,

"I can't remember" = I need to talk to my advisers and figure out how to play this one...
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

No one would have cared when he first got elected, no one would have cared when he was speaker.
Though wouldn't this subject have come up when getting security clearances or whatever ? Not as an issue, but simply come up and served as a reminder to sort it out.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Jmfva - totes agree. Although " I can't remember" = please let them dig up something on my Opponent to deflect
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

floppi
Lord of the Board

Post by floppi »

TORONTO – Hoping no one has yet noticed the exaggeration on his resume, Conservative Leader Andrew Scheer has quickly deleted details outlining that he was Prime Minister from 2006 until 2015.

Scheer scrambled to update his work credentials after the media revealed he was not licensed to sell insurance in Saskatchewan, despite claiming he was an insurance broker at the time, causing the dullest scandal in Canadian political history.

“The Leader of the Opposition is kind of like being the Prime Minister, so I don’t see what the problem is here,” said Scheer to himself while updating his LinkedIn account changing the position of Prime Minister to Assistant to the Prime Minister. “But I’ve watched episodes of ER so I’m still a qualified neurologist.”

Scheer further tailored his resume for the election by including other roles such ‘chief synergy analyst’ at NASA and starting pitcher for the Toronto Blue Jays.

After a thorough 15 minute review, the apparent four-time Pulitzer Prize winner and Olympic silver medalist was satisfied with the changes he made.

Hours later, the media caught Scheer posing as a real party leader.

https://www.thebeaverton.com/2019/09/an ... om-resume/
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Good piece of satire right there.. :130:
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
ninetyninepct
Fledgling

Post by ninetyninepct »

Trudeau made Monsef aMinister and her migration paperwork was faked. lots of politicians are dual citizenship. I strongly disagree with dual citizenship, right up there with claiming to be a Liberal but not a liar.

Are you a Canadian or are you a Liberal?
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Here's the real reason Scheer kept it quiet all those years.
REGINA – Conservative leader Andrew Scheer said that he kept his US citizenship a secret until now for fear of being persecuted as a white heterosexual male from the United States.

“I didn’t want anyone to know that, in addition to my Canadian citizenship, I also have roots with a country that’s tremendously different,” said Scheer. “Growing up, I knew the white Catholic Canadian kids from Ottawa would treat a white Catholic Canadian kid from Ottawa with dual citizenship differently. I looked like most of the other kids, which made me feel so different.” https://www.thebeaverton.com/2019/10/up ... rican-man/
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
floppi
Lord of the Board

Post by floppi »

rustled wrote:
butcher99 wrote:
No one cares about his dual citizenship. Nor did he lie about it. What he did was take others to task over their dual citizenship and ask how we can trust them. Which country would they serve? That is were the problem comes in

Exactly. Scheer does not seem to have ever lied about it, and if he did I'm sure the anyone but Scheer crowd will find proof he did.

Here's what you're expecting us to overlook: Sheer has never held a US passport as an adult, and has done nothing to maintain dual citizenship. He asked if it's Canadians find it reasonable for their governor general to maintain citizenship in more than one country:

Wrong.

"It's not a big deal for people to have dual citizenship," Scheer said. "There are millions of Canadians who have had a parent born in one country or another. And I've always been tax compliant. I've always followed those laws."

Scheer said he made the decision to formally begin the process of renouncing his citizenship in August 2019. He said he has not held a valid U.S. passport in years.

The duty of the governor general is all ceremonial including being the commander of our military. It's the PM that has all the real power, do we want our PM as dual citizens especially an US citizen that's technically beholden to the orange buffoon down South?

We still don't know for sure if he has registered for the US draft or have paid US income tax returns for decades as the only "officials" that have said anything have only been from his camp. Remember he said he was an insurance broker. [icon_lol2.gif]
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

floppi wrote:Wrong.

"It's not a big deal for people to have dual citizenship," Scheer said. "There are millions of Canadians who have had a parent born in one country or another. And I've always been tax compliant. I've always followed those laws."

Scheer said he made the decision to formally begin the process of renouncing his citizenship in August 2019. He said he has not held a valid U.S. passport in years.

The duty of the governor general is all ceremonial including being the commander of our military. It's the PM that has all the real power, do we want our PM as dual citizens especially an US citizen that's technically beholden to the orange buffoon down South?

We still don't know for sure if he has registered for the US draft or have paid US income tax returns for decades as the only "officials" that have said anything have only been from his camp. Remember he said he was an insurance broker. [icon_lol2.gif]

I'll take Scheer's word over your spin, floppi. And over the spin of the woman speaking for the Liberal party via the CBC.
Conservative Party Leader Andrew Scheer, a dual citizen in Canada and the U.S., said on Oct. 4 that as an adult, he did not renew his American passport and decided to renounce his U.S. citizenship “before the election campaign.”

https://globalnews.ca/video/5990883/fed ... t-as-adult

Of course, if you have actual evidence he did renew his passport as an adult, I'll stand corrected.

As to what paperwork he did or did not do when he was 18, he has since clarified that. He said he would make sure he was providing the correct answer to the question rather than guessing, and that he did. Tough concept for people who are ok with Trudeau saying he doesn't remember various and sundry minor details about his adult years and even his time as PMO, but there it is. Seems y'all are getting terribly, terribly desperate to get folk to stop talking about Trudeau. Funny how things have changed since 2015.

Keep digging and muck racking, floppi. Eventually you might find something bad enough about Scheer to convince rational folk he may be a worse risk than Trudeau has proven himself to be.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
floppi
Lord of the Board

Post by floppi »

Hate to break it to you but no matter the spinning, getting an US passport is "maintaining a dual citizenship".....and the I didn't have a US passport as an adult" is just as good as, " No one Asked Me"

[icon_lol2.gif] one's reminded of that saying that goes....look who's calling the kettle black, hey pot?
Last edited by floppi on Oct 4th, 2019, 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

floppi wrote:Hate to break it to you but no matter the spinning, getting an US passport is "maintaining a dual citizenship".

[icon_lol2.gif] one's reminded of that saying that goes....look who's calling the kettle black, hey pot?

Yep.

And if you can show us any evidence he DID get a US passport as an adult, please do. Meanwhile, all you're doing is muck raking. Show us a proof. You know, the Chretien kind. A proof is a proof.

Edited to add: Oh, I see you've moved the goalpost. Well, well, well. You feel we should hold Scheer responsible for whether or not his parents got him a passport. Isn't that an interesting bar to set. I suppose it's a result of Trudeau insisting that what he did as an adult was a result of his "white privilege" upbringing.

Well, floppi, good luck finding something Scheer has done that will convince any rational person he's a worse risk when compared to what we already know Trudeau has done as PM. We don't even need to delve into Trudeau's lies to the selection committee or his indiscretions and errors made before he took office to know what a monumental task it will be to find awful enough stuff about Scheer. Something he doesn't have in common with a swack of other high-ranking Canadian politicians, like dual citizenship, would be a good start.
Last edited by rustled on Oct 5th, 2019, 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
floppi
Lord of the Board

Post by floppi »

It's only his word that's true........remember, he said he was an insurance broker too. [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif]

Return to “Federal Election 2019”