Poll Thread

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Poll Thread

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Omnitheo wrote:
Even just a cursory glance at census data for “no religious affiliation” between Kelowna and other cities shows that is false.

Who cares? And why is the term "Bible belt" not a bigoted term? Is it ok to label parts of Toronto the "Koran belt"? Or parts of Montreal the "Torah belt"? Why the fixation on religion?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Liberals Dip Following the Debate
Scheer and Singh seen as winners, Trudeau as loser

Toronto, October 8th – In a random sampling of public opinion taken by The Forum Poll™ among 1013 Canadian voters, amongst those decided and leaning, a third (35%) say they would support the Conservatives if the election were held today, while a quarter (28%) say they support the Liberals.

1 in 10 (12%) say they would support the Greens, while a similar proportion (13%) say they would support the NDP.

About 1 in 20 (7%) say they would support the BQ, while a few would support the PPC (3%) or another party (2%).

If these results were projected into seats, we expect a minority parliament with the Conservatives winning 152 seats and the Liberals winning 117.

The NDP would win 29, the BQ would win 36, and the Green would win 4.

Trudeau rating on best PM drops

A quarter, (25%) (down from a third Oct 2: 31%) say Justin Trudeau would make the best Prime Minister. Just under a third (29%) say that Andrew Scheer would.

Jagmeet Singh's rating has improved six points (19%) to one-fifth since early October (Oct 2: 13%). Elizabeth May is seen as best PM by 1 in 10 (8%).

One-fifth (18%) say they don't know who would make the best PM.

https://poll.forumresearch.com/data/7a7 ... 202019.pdf
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Frisk wrote:The conservatives are down 0.9% in the cbc poll following the debate. Yikes.

according to whom? There are varying opinions out there. Depends on who you want to believe. Remember what the polls said in 2011.
Jmfva
Übergod

Post by Jmfva »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Frisk wrote:The conservatives are down 0.9% in the cbc poll following the debate. Yikes.

according to whom? There are varying opinions out there. Depends on who you want to believe. Remember what the polls said in 2011.

I think according to the CBC poll... as Frisk clearly stated...

https://newsinteractives.cbc.ca/elections/poll-tracker/canada/
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

The Green Barbarian wrote:according to whom? There are varying opinions out there. Depends on who you want to believe. Remember what the polls said in 2011.

The cbc one. Calculated politics shows the same thing.

Yeah I know polls be polls. I take them pretty lightly although it is fun to follow.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Omnitheo wrote:Even just a cursory glance at census data for “no religious affiliation” between Kelowna and other cities shows that is false.

No large city in Canada outside of Victoria is less religious than Kelowna. Just sayin'.

My apologies if I didn't specify "CMA" in the previous post, but that's the Stats Canada guy was talking about, per 2011 Census (last census with the religious question).

religiousaffliation.png

BTW, the higher the "no religious affiliation" a riding is, the MORE likely they are to vote Conservative. FACT!
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
floppi
Lord of the Board

Post by floppi »

Really, where is the link on that. Because the fact is Christian = Conservative.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

floppi wrote:Really, where is the link on that. Because the fact is Christian = Conservative.

I've done the graph last election. I haven't done it for this one yet, and no time now.

Here is the old graph that takes every single riding in Canada and graphs party support vs. "no religious affiliation" of each riding.

religiousaffliation3.jpg

P.S. Updated graph showing all CMAs in Canada (sorry, my facts don't care about Omnitheo's feelings)...

religiousaffliation2.png
Last edited by Glacier on Oct 10th, 2019, 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

floppi wrote:Really, where is the link on that. Because the fact is Christian = Conservative.

What a complete pile of steaming bull excrement. The founder of the CCF/NDP was a preacher, every single Liberal PM in Canadian history was a Christian, before Lizzy May got into politics she was studying to be a minister... I’m voting conservative this election, I’m an atheist.
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

The Green Barbarian wrote:

I looked closer and the dip in the cbc numbers are the result of a single poll. I wouldn't sweat too much over it.
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

Lmao no it doesn't always mean that. That's some 1 dimensional thinking, floppi.
I have a lot of family members who are Christians and nearly all of them are pretty staunch liberals.

:topic:
Pete Podoski
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Pete Podoski »

Cool, that means both Agnostics AND Christians like Scheer.

Thanks for pointing that out.
Be sure to read Justin Trudeau's new autobiography: Sunny Day Sketches of a Small Mind
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

removed
Last edited by Catsumi on Oct 10th, 2019, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making it personal
- Douglas Murray
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

The polls show that both the Liberals and the Conservatives are dropping in support thanks to Jagmeet Singh absolutely rocking the debate. The odds of a minority have now risen to 73%.

odds2.png
Attachments
polldata.png
- Douglas Murray
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

The liberals are down 1.1% in the cbc poll. It's interesting that the ndp seems to be courting similar numbers of voters from both the liberals and conservatives.

Return to “Federal Election 2019”