Poll Thread

jimmy4321
Guru

Re: Poll Thread

Post by jimmy4321 »

If Libs can't be near 10 points ahead getting into this, maybe the chance of them losing to the Cons will get content Libs off the *bleep* and to the polls
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Frisk wrote:The liberals are down 1.1% in the cbc poll. It's interesting that the ndp seems to be courting similar numbers of voters from both the liberals and conservatives.

Not surprising though since the Cons are promising nothing new (come backwards with us), and have decided instead to double down on attack politics. This is getting real tired, real fast, ant impressing anyone other than the partisan clowns.
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

A minority gov looks pretty certain tbh. Scheer's support seems to have stalled and the bloc is really digging into the liberals majority chances. Could be an interesting few weeks.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Ka-El wrote:Not surprising though since the Cons are promising nothing new (come backwards with us), .

How so? This is a completely unfair and horribly partisan take on the Conservative policies. Shamefully partisan.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Looks like a possible cliffhanger:
Liberals tied with Conservatives in seats
From a high of 166 seats in the national projection in the days following the French-language TVA debate, before the fallout from that contest was being registered in the polls, the Liberals have plummeted nearly 30 seats to 139. That puts them just two ahead of the Conservatives.

The close race in the national polls has now become a close race in the seat projections — meaning this election has become even more of a toss-up.

There is also now only a 25 per cent chance that either party can win a majority of seats.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/grenie ... -1.5317946
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Oct 11th, 2019, 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

It’s a nightmare situation for Justin Trudeau and the Liberals — the Bloc and NDP are rising and taking support straight from his camp.

The latest poll conducted for the Sun as part of the DART Maru/Blue Voice Canada Poll shows the Conservatives sitting at 33% support nationally, the Liberals dropping to 28% and the NDP rising to 20%.

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnis ... m-liberals
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

Wow the liberals are tanking in the polls. What on earth happened in the French debates? I must've really missed something.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Well it's not so much a story of the Cons gaining any more support as it is that mostly the Bloc is drawing some Libs over, also the NDP but mostly the Bloc is the game changer making a less efficient Lib vote. Trudeau still gets Preferred PM in polls I've seen if only by a slim margin but I don't believe Quebec wants the Bloc at a cost of having the Cons in power federally, same for the NDP floater voters.
Guess we'll see soon.

https://secureservercdn.net/198.71.233. ... -10-11.pdf
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Oct 12th, 2019, 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

jimmy4321 wrote: but I don't believe Quebec wants the Bloc at a cost of having the Cons in power federally,

https://secureservercdn.net/198.71.233. ... -10-11.pdf

Why not? This is the best case scenario by a mile! Why would you accuse Quebecers of being less intelligent then they are?
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

jimmy4321 wrote: I don't believe Quebec wants the Bloc at a cost of having the Cons in power federally,

I’m surprised anyone would make such a statement. The Quebec provincial government at the moment is very right of centre.
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Marked my ballot today so wait and see at the only poll that really counts, that's right election night.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

How will you vote in federal election?

Total Votes: 4617
Liberal 26.19%
Conservative 52.48%
NDP 10.44%
Green 6.89%
PPC 4.01%

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story--11-.htm

The unknown Liberal MP's guys haven't got their poll bot fired up yet for this one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.

Return to “Federal Election 2019”