Election Fraud

Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Election Fraud

Post by Lady tehMa »

Not that we're all that much like our neighbours to the south, but the concerns of fraud are a possibility.

Please note that the about to be quoted piece is NOT first-hand knowledge. It was shared to me by a friend, whose father is in the closed group this was posted to (on Reddit).

"Caution when voting: SOMETHING FISHY IS GOING ON IN TORONTO
Liberal *censored*
I just finished voting. First of all the polls were supposed to open at 9:00 am, my area (Toronto) wasn't open until 9:45 am. Inside the situation was CHAOTIC. I have seen more organized voting in a third world country. This was absolutely atrocious how chaotic it was in there. If I was a conspiracy guy I would say it was by design.
Anyways the ballot is old school simple x marks the spot. No instructions how to hand it in but I did it like I remember, I folded it and was instructed not to put it directly in the box but to hand it to the clerk. When I did he opened it up exposing my vote to himself and to those waiting to vote but, and big but, as he "refolded" my ballot he smudged the heavy pencil all across the other circles so my x was gone and it just looked like one big smudge mark across all ballots. It was clear my ballow would be considered "spoiled" and I asked for a new one and I didn't want anyone seeing my vote of messing with it once I was done. Of course, no one, many who barely spoke English, knew what to do so they had to phone a supervisor who DECLINED another ballot. So there goes my vote. Problem is, this place was crowded and we noticed that the ballots coming back that did not vote for the ruling party were all "spoiled" by the same method but the ballots voting for the ruling party were all a-ok and folded properly so they didn't need "refolding" or smudging.
It's messed up. Somebody tried to take video and pics and of course, that's illegal so the cops were called. I am 100% sure the Liberals win my riding. No doubt about it. So be careful and be ready for a *censored* chaotic *censored* hole situation.

Now, poor grammar aside, do you think this could be real or is it just someone stirring the pot? I'm trying to recall if we use pencil, and I *think* we use a marker - does anyone remember clearly how we mark ballots?
I haven't failed until I quit.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Re: Election Fraud

Post by oneh2obabe »

You use a pencil to mark X beside your choice. And the story is BS. Can't find any mention of a polling station opening late in any papers.
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Oct 12th, 2019, 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

In the last municipal election I'm pretty sure we used a black marker. I have sent a message to someone who voted in advance poll and asked.
I have a difficult time believing that story. There are numerous people around and phones to video such an occurrence. It would never be kept under wraps on a private Reddit group. It would be National News before you could blink.
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

Voted in the advance polling station yesterday and it was a pencil.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

I read that story on Twitter yesterday with the last line saying to spread the story. I can't remember what I used to mark an X but I know it wouldn't be easily smudged or whatever.
Also I've never been at a ballot box where the worker there didn't take my ballot dead serious when it came to privacy etc.

This line says it all, it's all BS

"Problem is, this place was crowded and we noticed that the ballots coming back that did not vote for the ruling party were all "spoiled" by the same method but the ballots voting for the ruling party were all a-ok and folded properly so they didn't need "refolding" or smudging. Problem is, this place was crowded and we noticed that the ballots coming back that did not vote for the ruling party were all "spoiled" by the same method but the ballots voting for the ruling party were all a-ok and folded properly so they didn't need "refolding" or smudging."

Even if you're next in line to the table you're about 10ft away , EVEN if you could see this smudging you'd have no idea who it favored Complete BS
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Sounds fishy to me.

We just voted and it was in pencil and as far as taking photos I believe that is illegal.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

Aren't there instructions about how to fold the ballet in the voting booth or on the ballet? The ballets are counted by more than one person. It would be obvious at that time whether or note a large number of votes, all for one candidate, had been spoiled in the same manner.
The pencils I used in past voting did not easily smudge. What did this guy allegedly vote with, a grease pencil?
I don't believe it happened.
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

Bsuds wrote:Sounds fishy to me.

We just voted and it was in pencil and as far as taking photos I believe that is illegal.

Well it's illegal to expose someone's vote and smudge it! lol (Not that I believe that happened.)
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Ya the perforated tag can be easily ripped off without opening the ballot .

I'm certain it's got to be illegal for a non worker to linger around close enough to that box long enough to see a "trend" on how the ballot is handled.
I know if the voter before me stuck around to watch how mine was handled i'd tell them to beat it. Lol
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

oneh2obabe wrote:You use a pencil to mark X beside your choice. And the story is BS. Can't find any mention of a polling station opening late in any papers.

Not saying I believe it or not... but question this comment.
So if it's not covered by the news, it never happened? Odd take
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

oneh2obabe wrote:You use a pencil to mark X beside your choice. And the story is BS. Can't find any mention of a polling station opening late in any papers.

fvkasm2x wrote:Not saying I believe it or not... but question this comment.
So if it's not covered by the news, it never happened? Odd take

Believe me, if it happened anywhere in T.O. or the GTA, folks would be contacting any news outlets they could think of and it would be in the papers faster than you could say Jack Frost.

Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

I don't believe a word of it. and I don't even think you could do that much "smearing" of the X even if you tried.
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 1791 »

I believe it. Libs are desperate to cling to power.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Another CONsfearacy :up:
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

You would have to rub that X over and over quite hard to accomplish anything. At which point you’d give the person a brisk kick in the butt.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.

Return to “Federal Election 2019”