Predictions

Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Predictions

Post by Urbane »

Time to go out on a limb and tell us what you think the result will be on election night. Will a majority government be elected? If it turns out there isn't a majority government elected how do you think it will play out?
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Predictions

Post by Bsuds »

I think the party with the most votes will win and no matter who it is they will totally screw us.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Bsuds wrote:I think the party with the most votes will win and no matter who it is they will totally screw us.

Nuh uh. The party with the most seats will win. Which will start folk complaining about first past the post all over again.

And then, no matter who it is... The only question is the degree (some more totally than others), and the methodology.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Carrs Landing Viking
Übergod

Post by Carrs Landing Viking »

I believe Scheer will win the most seats. Trudeau has proven over and over and over again that he cannot be trusted.

Canadians have had enough of JT. :130:
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

I'm wondering what will happen if the Conservatives win more seats than any other party but fall short of a majority. The Bloc leader has already said he won't work with any party but will only vote for things that benefit Quebec. But what about the NDP and Greens? Will they work only with the Liberals?

Singh has said he won't work with Scheer and May has said she won't work with any party that favours the pipeline. So how will people react if the Conservatives win more seats than any other party but remain in opposition? If the Liberals are a fairly distant second will the Conservatives still by bypassed?
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

I'm wondering what will happen if the Conservatives win more seats than any other party but fall short of a majority.

The incumbent will be asked to form government. Like what happened here in BC in 2017. It may not end up the same way though.......
Chill
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

I'll guess a conservative minority
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 1791 »

Libs in a tight minority.

Libs 34 percent
Cons 32 percent
BPQ 10 percent
NDP 7 percent
PPC 6 percent
Other 11 percent

In my perfect world it would be all PPC. Save Canada. Turf Trudeau. ASAP

The 3 left wing parties should all unite. I think this would be good for the country. Paint all evil with the same brush. :D
Last edited by 1791 on Oct 12th, 2019, 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Frisk wrote:I'll guess a conservative minority

I agree, Frisk. I'm voting PPC but I don't know how much of a showing they'll make during this election. But I just can't bring myself to vote for any of the others.
I haven't failed until I quit.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Libs - but oh I so want Singh to get in. I would do a happy dance thru the yards with the CON signs :/
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I wish there was a way to vote but also to let the Politicians know we are not happy with how they are doing their jobs.

They seem to ignore the fact that we are hiring them to work for us and the country!
So why do the always screw it up so badly?
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

normaM wrote:Libs - but oh I so want Singh to get in. I would do a happy dance thru the yards with the CON signs :/

Speaking of signs... have you noticed that in the last few days there are an increasing number of Red signs at NDP functions supporting NDP candidates?

Is that a sign? Or, did the print shops just run out of orange ink?

My prediction is the print shops didn't run out of orange ink.
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I'm voting NDP removed
I predict a Con minority.
Last edited by Catsumi on Oct 13th, 2019, 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Personal
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Queen K wrote:I'm voting NDP removed
    I predict a Con minority.
Would that be an actual governing Conservative minority or one on paper? The BC Liberals won the 2017 provincial election with a minority government which lasted only a couple of months and might this not end up being a similar situation? Which party(ies) would be willing to work with the Conservatives?

Elizabeth May has ruled out working with any party wanting to complete the pipeline, the Bloc won't work with any party, and Singh won't work with the Conservatives. So how would a Conservative minority govern? And will Singh's announcement that he'd be interested in a coalition government with the Liberals help the NDP on election day? The Liberals? The Conservatives?
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

I’m not sure if this is a prediction or not, but evidently a record number of ballots have been cast in just the first two days of early voting. Isn’t that usually an indicator that we’re about to see a change in government ?
It seems like these days people only turn out in great numbers to vote when they’re angry with the government.
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.

Return to “Federal Election 2019”