It's heeereee – Flu season

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: It's heeereee – Flu season

Post by Fancy »

Actually, 20% to 30% of people carrying the influenza virus have no symptoms.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/diseases ... -flu-myths
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

So, yes—people can carry a disease or illness without showing obvious symptoms, and they can spread them as well. T

https://uamshealth.com/healthlibrary2/m ... ecarriers/
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Most flu cases seem to be asymptomatic according to a study published in The Lancet Respiratory Medicine. Might consider Mary Mallon as a prime example of those that can carry a disease without suffering symptoms.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

time to line up for your flu poison people , big pharma need there money https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#268236
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

1st 2 paragraphs of that link.

Pharmacists are encouraging people to take extra care of themselves in anticipation of a tougher flu season than previous years, following an intense flu season in Australia.

Kelowna Shoppers Drug Mart pharmacist owner Nathan Klaassen says the three most important actions for keeping away from this year's flu strain are practising healthy habits, stopping the spread of germs and getting the flu shot.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Pharmacists are encouraging people to take extra care of themselves in anticipation of a tougher flu season than previous years, following an intense flu season in Australia.
Yup - people should be aware of the risks of getting the flu and not treat it lightly. Hospitalizations cost time and money.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Fancy wrote:
Jonrox wrote:A lot of folks in this thread need to lookup the difference between anecdotal and empirical evidence. Although I appreciate your personal anecdotes, they're completely meaningless.

The truth is that the flu vaccines saves lives... a lot of lives.

A lot of folks interchange "cold" with "flu". I can't begin to list the people who have come to work with the common cold and complain about having the flu.

Most people who claim to have suffered from the flu never actually had it. A virus maybe but not influenza. Being achy and miserable is not the flu.

Influenza is debilitating in ways that thankfully ,the majority of us will never experience.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

To Truth. I love your energy and conviction but you make me crazy. "Tis better to keep ones mouth closed and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt".

We all have opinons but when people refuse to acknowledge the "truth" about topics such as this, it defies logic.

Some need to remove their blinders and look around. There's lots to see out there.

Mary Mallon (September 23, 1869–November 11, 1938), known as "Typhoid Mary," was the cause of several typhoid outbreaks. Since Mary was the first "healthy carrier" of typhoid fever recognized in the United States, she did not understand how someone not sick could spread disease—so she tried to fight back.

That last sentence is a telling one Mr. truth.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

A virus maybe but not influenza. Being achy and miserable is not the flu.

If those were the two main symptoms, I must have had the flu for many years......all year long. :biggrin:
Bring back the LIKE button.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

I think that with most who deride the efficacy of vaccines, they are really afraid of the needle.

fear-of-needles.jpg
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

mexi cali wrote:I think that with most who deride the efficacy of vaccines, they are really afraid of the needle.

Received my second shingles vaccine today and the other arm got poked with the flu shot.
Tea and Carolan's now and then a nap...
I am not wealthy but I am rich
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

I went to the pharmacy yesterday where I've gotten the flu shot in previous years and they were out. I was told that IH was holding back supplies for now and hopefully there will be more in the second week of November. So I went to two other pharmacies and got the same response. Just for fun I went to a fourth pharmacy today and got the same answer again.

It was suggested by one of the pharmacists that IH is holding back supplies to make sure that they have enough for their own clinics and I get that. However, if we really want people to be vaccinated there should be enough supply for the pharmacies where many people actually get their shots. Anyway, we'll see what November brings.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Was told today at a Vernon pharmacy that the next batch would be in Nov 4

Strange that supplies are low already. :200: Need my shot!
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

seewood wrote:
    Received my second shingles vaccine today and the other arm got poked with the flu shot.
    Tea and Carolan's now and then a nap...
A few years ago I got the Zostavax shot but I've read recently that it doesn't last that long and isn't that effective. Apparently Shingrix is much better but some people claim that the side-effects of the shot aren't very pleasant. Presumably not as bad as shingles though! I hope you're not having any problems and good idea to get both shots, your second shingles shot and the flu shot, all at once.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

imo the side effects are not worth it, stop :cuss: with your immune system people , this stuff is poison
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

Return to “Health”