Election

tabubil
Fledgling

Election

Post by tabubil »

I am going to get on my soap box again, might be long do not know yet. I want to encourage all the younger people (under 35 as I am now old) to first listen to what all the candidates in you community have to say on video or at meetings. Then get out and vote for the PERSON that you want to speak for you not necessarily the party. I as one over 70 admit that people of my age or older lived for the sweet life and did not worry about the consequences and thusly we have left this planet in worse shape than when our parents handed over to us. YOU ARE THE ONES THAT NOW CAN MAKE A CHANGE SO GET OUT AND VOTE. Yes i will be voting as I have every year since I was legally eligible to but now I am going to vote for our planet not for my soft and cushy life.
That is all for now and I will be quiet and let the fun begin.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Election

Post by Ken7 »

tabubil wrote:I am going to get on my soap box again, might be long do not know yet. I want to encourage all the younger people (under 35 as I am now old) to first listen to what all the candidates in you community have to say on video or at meetings. Then get out and vote for the PERSON that you want to speak for you not necessarily the party. I as one over 70 admit that people of my age or older lived for the sweet life and did not worry about the consequences and thusly we have left this planet in worse shape than when our parents handed over to us. YOU ARE THE ONES THAT NOW CAN MAKE A CHANGE SO GET OUT AND VOTE. Yes i will be voting as I have every year since I was legally eligible to but now I am going to vote for our planet not for my soft and cushy life.
That is all for now and I will be quiet and let the fun begin.

Was that not the problem last election. Trudeau pull all the youth out to vote for legalization and poof winner, winner.

All I can say is educate yourself on the leaders, the current one I wouldn't want my child taught by him and if I owned Dollar store he wouldn't be hired to manage it. He has nothing in his education or work related history to put in charge of anything.
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

unfortunately its not your local candidate thats running the country. they are just but one seat for the party. Kind of a dumb system really. Especially for those that have never voted before. Choose your votes wisely.
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

Make no mistake. The local candidate is not there to listen to you or support you. They are there to tow the official party line. They will vote NO on bills that they know are good for their constituents , and they will vote YES on bills that they know are bad for the folks who put them in a position of power. Vote for the party that will do the least damage. Sad that it has come to this.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

vinnied wrote:unfortunately its not your local candidate thats running the country. they are just but one seat for the party. Kind of a dumb system really. Especially for those that have never voted before. Choose your votes wisely.

For myself I've checked out each of national party leaders, personally none of them are worthy of my vote.
So it is local candidate for me plus since it would be him/her that I would be dealing with if I have problem/issue.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
dirtguy
Board Meister

Post by dirtguy »

I'll be voting for the party i want in, not the person
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

oldtrucker wrote:
GordonH wrote:For myself I've checked out each of national party leaders, personally none of them are worthy of my vote.

I say we do a control-alt-del on the whole thing. Start our own party.
CPP Party of Canada...Castanet Posters Party of Canada

Too many short-sighted and only care when it affects them in their own back yard.

The DKDC party......Don't Know, Don't Care party.
Bring back the LIKE button.
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

Why even have parties ? Why have parliament ? Why not elect local people to represent local concerns ? Video conferencing could replace that place where people bang on tables and hurl partisan insults back and forth. Every bill could be voted on based on merit , not partisan politics. .
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

https://www.vernonmorningstar.com/feder ... yCfYr-WqUE

Who nailed it , regarding coalition governments ?
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

if climate change is caused by mankind and by the sounds of it according to Trudeau mostly the fault of Canadians
(see your 26% ADDED tax on your nat gas bill) to name but one tax on one product required for most all Canadians
how did the ice age come to be and then came not to be after ??? :130:
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

:fence: politicians, as I enjoy tub of :popcorn:
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
liisgo
Lord of the Board

Post by liisgo »

dirtguy wrote:I'll be voting for the party i want in, not the person

I'm voting for the party i want out. Not who I want in. None of them are any different than the other. Not one of them is capable of really taking canada to the level it should be. Not really a choice of greatness, professionalism, change, ability, just the next group of failures. :130:
"If I find out who's been running this country for the last 8.5 yrs into the ground, there will be hell to pay",,,,,,,,,Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

gordon_as wrote:Make no mistake. The local candidate is not there to listen to you or support you. They are there to tow the official party line. They will vote NO on bills that they know are good for their constituents , and they will vote YES on bills that they know are bad for the folks who put them in a position of power. Vote for the party that will do the least damage. Sad that it has come to this.

the one thing that's bad with our system is the PM has the power to oust a MP whom votes against his personal wishes
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

gordon_as wrote:Make no mistake. The local candidate is not there to listen to you or support you. They are there to tow the official party line. They will vote NO on bills that they know are good for their constituents , and they will vote YES on bills that they know are bad for the folks who put them in a position of power. Vote for the party that will do the least damage. Sad that it has come to this.

Here is the problem with voting public, the pm and all of mp's (everyone elected to a position by general population).
They are not our bosses.... we the voting public are there bosses.

Each mp or mla are a representative of the people in each of their ridings.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

At last week's all-candidate's forum, our current MP made the same statement, and committed the same error, that Donald Trump did when he was elected. He said that being elected was "an honor". It's not an honor. It's a responsibility. A responsibility to do what is right for our nation. Not to distract the electorate and not to be some automatic vote when the ruling class wants another tax cut for the wealthy.

Return to “North Okanagan”