Doomsday, Dec 21 2012?

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
National_Scar
Board Meister

Doomsday, Dec 21 2012?

Post by National_Scar »

I whatched an interesting program on TV last night that intrigued me.
predictions of the coming "doomsday" or "apocolypse".
Aztec calendar ends, and predicts this to take place on Dec 21, 2012 on the winter solstice.
Another Asian fortune telling tool (3000+ years predating Christ) seems to predict this as a date as well.
Revelations isnt as clear but could be inturpreted as all of this already unfolding.

The scientific view seems to say that on that date a number of planets including our sun and a Black hole which is supposed to be in the center of the milky way are all going to be aligned at this time and this may cause an "Apocolyptic" scenario causing the poles to shift along with the rotation of the planet.

I would love to hear others views, interpretations, and thoughts on all or similar.

Cheers!
"Allowing a materialist into your life can show you the true value of friendship.....Right down to the last penny" -G A M-
Struts 'N' Stuff Auto
Lord of the Board

Post by Struts 'N' Stuff Auto »

I also watched that program and I agree that something will happen, but to what degree and exactly when are the real unanswered questions.
The drastic changes in global weather patterns is a clear indication that something big, other then the so called global warming is already taking place.
It will be a real interesting time, and I hope Scientists devote more time to this prediction and comment based on changes already taking place on earth, such as extreme weather, flooding, cooling of certain areas, and of course, extreme heat in others.

I feel something is "brewing", and if their predictions are true, and there is a movement in the earths tilt in respect to the poles, we all could be in for some bad times.

I just find it totally amazing on how these "special" people could have predicted events "that are going to", and have taken place, thousands of years ago.
Where did they get their insight?
They truely must be gifted individuals.

And at the same time, NASA and others are scrambling to get to Mars in search of another place to live for future consideration, and I wonder why.
It appears that we only exist on this planet because all the conditions are right for it.
A change in planet alignment and the earth axis would create drastic weather changes that would possibly end all life on earth in one way or another.
I, personally think that it is just a matter of time before life on earth will cease to exist, but didn't expect it to be in December of 2012. Mind you, even if Scientists knew that life was going to end in 2012, would they let the public know, in fear of mass chaois? I don't think so! I think they would let the public know the day before "Doomsday" in an attempt to keep order.
cerealkiller
Übergod

Post by cerealkiller »

I read a book a while ago called 'the mystery of 2012'. Fascinating read.
Carl Sagan's theory was that Azteks and Mayans were visited by extra terrestial life forms which gave them incredible knowledge in mathematics and astronomy. It certainly is a possibility which cannot be discounted.
I venture to say that even if astronomers and/or governments know about this and confirm it, we will not hear a beep until the very last moments.
With current calculations the sun will implode in about 4 billion years. The earth is roughly 4.5 billion years old, the universe is expanding, black holes are appearing all the time, so nothing is static or infinite.
If we are incinerated or frozen in 2012, we would be just a short blip in the universe. A few hundred thousand years of humanity is but a pee in the ocean of time. In this short time we were successful destroying soil, water and air, had thousands of wars killing each other and raided the planet as if we would be the last generation alive. So maybe it's a good thing that we disappear from the universe? :smt073
I don't try to imagine a personal God; it suffices to stand in awe at the structure of the world, insofar as it allows our inadequate senses to appreciate it.
A.Einstein
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

It is very interesting indeed... I would guess it's going to happen in our lifetime anyway... every prediction including the biblical one more or less leans the same way... I also feel something "brewing"... maybe it's something I ate... seriously though, I think we are going to find ourselves living in what could be classified as a horror/sci-fi scenario.
katzenjammer
Board Meister

Post by katzenjammer »

Repent ! Repent! The end is nigh.
Duck and cover
We love to think the end is near. So a quick Google search and take a look
http://www.abhota.info/end1.htm

Post dictions work much better than predictions.
:1419:
Happiness never decreases by being shared. ...
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

you mean we don't get to go hang in the cave with that Russian bunch? :( you just ruined my fun.
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

I just wrote "the end is near" ... on a roll of toilet paper...
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

:lol: oh man. :smt075 <---you had that coming.
― Albert Einstein
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

zzontar wrote:I just wrote "the end is near" ... on a roll of toilet paper...

Okay, that was very, very good.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

I then put that roll of toilet paper in my car... now I have a rear wiper... someone stop me...
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

LOL you are one sick puppy. i like it!
― Albert Einstein
canadianairfarce

doomsday 2012

Post by canadianairfarce »

Fascinating topic. So many people are not taking all the signs around us seriously. Nor do they take the prophecies seriously. I have been aware of all this since the early 1980's, and do believe we are in for some big planetary changes.........and its not going to be pretty. Time itself has become faster, and it feels to me that we are on the fast track to something big happening. When I heard about the UFO sighting in Texas last week, the hair on my body stood up. I had a strong reaction to this event that I have not had before with other sightings. I have a hunch that the aliens are fed up with our governments denial of their existence, and the aliens now are taking matters into their own hands. This event is timely in view of our getting closer to 2012.Perhaps they will be taking us off the planet in their ships, if something bad happens here eg. nuclear war, asteriod, massive earthquake. Like I said it's not going to be pretty. The price of real estate will no longer concern us. Survival will be the word of the day!
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

Okay everybody, let's all sing the Thorazine song:

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Give me a thorazine
And I'll stop bugging you.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

I posted the story about the UFO in Texas under the Canada thread about "UFO's exist , Japanese official says" almost no response... I think the aliens have to actually go party with Brittany and Paris if they really want headlines ...anyway, one of the witnesses was a pilot, but officials said it was probably a commercial plane... even though they weren't there... it amazes me how you can be a pilot and not even know what a plane looks like.

A conspiracy theory is that aliens have a base on the "dark" side of the moon... all speculation unless you could get some pics... coincidently the Japanese P.M. released his statement about UFO's existing right after the Japanese had sent the first satellite to take high resolution pics of the moon.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

I thought Brittany and Paris are aliens.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”