Predictions

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Predictions

Post by Queen K »

Ka-El wrote:
Conservatives win the popular vote.

Prediction - partisan Cons make sure we know Scheer won the popular vote (but forget to mention Hillary did too) [icon_lol2.gif]

:spitcoffee: Do we get to remind them all time, time to time or every other day? :biggrin:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Whyme2 wrote:
Queen K wrote:I predict Tracy Gray will get nothing done for the Okanagan for a long time coming.

I predict that’s just your personal view and the people have spoken :D
She has 4 years to prove herself or she’ll be where Fuhr is this morning.

It's a prediction, as good or bad as any other when the country has a Liberal minority. She has four years of wheel spinning.

I also note something odd: when I took a load of photos of Scheer downtown, and informed her team where they can view them and perhaps her team may want some of those photos with him, dead silence. Not one acknowledgement. I believe now that even back then someone thought he might be replaced. I predict he will be replaced, just like so many here.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
crookedmember
Banned

Post by crookedmember »

I predict Andy Scheer will soon lose his 34 room taxpayer funded mansion.

I predict Jason Kenney will now flee Alberta to seek the CPC leadership

I can't predict whether or not Albertans are smart enough to figure out they were duped.
All posts 100% moderator approved!
RVThereYet
Übergod

Post by RVThereYet »

Whyme2 wrote:
Queen K wrote:I predict Tracy Gray will get nothing done for the Okanagan for a long time coming.

I predict that’s just your personal view and the people have spoken :D
She has 4 years to prove herself or she’ll be where Fuhr is this morning.

I don't think she'll have the whole four years ... minority governments usually last only about 18-24 months, tops ... she'll have to start proving herself right away, because - in keeping with the topic - I "predict" another election is looming sometime in the next couple of years and she will be judged on what she has accomplished up and until that time comes...
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

A minority government has never made it the full four years in Canada. I predict this one won't either. As soon as the parties can all afford another election, it won't take long for it to happen.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I concur with RV's prediction in regards to a quick election.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

The speeches last night all fell flat. Do we really need more stump speeches on election night? My award for the most disappointing speech goes to Justin Trudeau. The Liberals won 33% of the popular vote, down 6.4% from 2015, and they finished second to the Conservatives in that category. Trudeau lost 20 seats and along with it his majority. And yet he claims to have won a clear mandate. Really?

Except for the Bloc all the parties fell far short of their goals. Bernier lost his seat, the Greens won only three seats, the NDP lost a third of their caucus, the Conservatives failed to win a winnable election, and the Liberals lost much of the support they had in 2015. They all should have been contrite and particularly the guy who's just lost his majority and barely kept his job.

Unlike his father Justin won't be around long term. There's been a lot of talk about the Conservatives needing a new leader and that's worth a discussion. I'd say it's even more important for the Liberals to have that discussion about their leadership. While Trudeau helped the Liberals win in 2015 he was the main reason for their somewhat dismal showing this time. Time for Trudeau himself to do some soul-searching.

I worry about what will happen over the next couple of years because I remember 1972 to 1974. Pierre Trudeau's minority government was heavy on spending and I predict that we're going to see a replay of that. Later on the bills had to be paid of course and wasn't that a downer. Will there be an election anytime soon? I doubt it simply because the NDP is broke. So this government will likely last at least 18-24 months. Interesting times lie ahead.

That's the way I see it anyway.
RVThereYet
Übergod

Post by RVThereYet »

Urbane wrote:The speeches last night all fell flat. Do we really need more stump speeches on election night? My award for the most disappointing speech goes to Justin Trudeau. The Liberals won 33% of the popular vote, down 6.4% from 2015, and they finished second to the Conservatives in that category. Trudeau lost 20 seats and along with it his majority. And yet he claims to have won a clear mandate. Really?

Except for the Bloc all the parties fell far short of their goals. Bernier lost his seat, the Greens won only three seats, the NDP lost a third of their caucus, the Conservatives failed to win a winnable election, and the Liberals lost much of the support they had in 2015. They all should have been contrite and particularly the guy who's just lost his majority and barely kept his job.

Unlike his father Justin won't be around long term. There's been a lot of talk about the Conservatives needing a new leader and that's worth a discussion. I'd say it's even more important for the Liberals to have that discussion about their leadership. While Trudeau helped the Liberals win in 2015 he was the main reason for their somewhat dismal showing this time. Time for Trudeau himself to do some soul-searching.

I worry about what will happen over the next couple of years because I remember 1972 to 1974. Pierre Trudeau's minority government was heavy on spending and I predict that we're going to see a replay of that. Later on the bills had to be paid of course and wasn't that a downer. Will there be an election anytime soon? I doubt it simply because the NDP is broke. So this government will likely last at least 18-24 months. Interesting times lie ahead.

The NDP mortgaged their building in Ottawa to fund this election... 12 million$

https://www.thestar.com/politics/federa ... lding.html
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Interesting, RVThereYet. So if the Greens were led by someone who doesn't believe playing nice (e.g. helping the NDP leader win his riding), they could push an issue that forces an election right away, which could take down the NDP.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
RVThereYet
Übergod

Post by RVThereYet »

RVThereYet wrote:
Urbane wrote:The speeches last night all fell flat. Do we really need more stump speeches on election night? My award for the most disappointing speech goes to Justin Trudeau. The Liberals won 33% of the popular vote, down 6.4% from 2015, and they finished second to the Conservatives in that category. Trudeau lost 20 seats and along with it his majority. And yet he claims to have won a clear mandate. Really?

The NDP mortgaged their building in Ottawa to fund this election... 12 million$

https://www.thestar.com/politics/federa ... lding.html

Ironically, the people holding that mortgage likely are the very same (i.e. rich) people the NDP wants to tax hard ... chants at the J.S. speech last night were "tax the rich ... tax the rich" ... we'll see who has the last laugh when the chips are down. Jack Layton is probably turning over in his grave as we speak...
crookedmember
Banned

Post by crookedmember »

Jonrox wrote:A minority government has never made it the full four years in Canada. I predict this one won't either. As soon as the parties can all afford another election, it won't take long for it to happen.

This is different. Both the BQ and NDP would have to join with the CPC to bring the government down.

The NDP is drowning in debt, had to mortgage their offices and can't afford to fight another election.

The BQ knows it wouldn't do any better than it did last night.
All posts 100% moderator approved!
RVThereYet
Übergod

Post by RVThereYet »

crookedmember wrote:
Jonrox wrote:A minority government has never made it the full four years in Canada. I predict this one won't either. As soon as the parties can all afford another election, it won't take long for it to happen.

This is different. Both the BQ and NDP would have to join with the CPC to bring the government down.

The NDP is drowning in debt, had to mortgage their offices and can't afford to fight another election.

The BQ knows it wouldn't do any better than it did last night.

So playing devil's advocate here... If just one NDPer was to cross the floor (gets off the sinking ship) to say the Greens in BC, and the PC (121), BLOC (32) and Greens (4, including the defector) get the one independent (JWR) on board = 158 vs Lib 157 ... unlikely scenario, but not out of the realm of possibilities depending on the issue (or how badly they want to bring down the government) ... JWR could hold the fate of the government in her hands if something like that was to unfold, talk about irony... Ok, I just slapped the side of my own head so I wake up from this "bad dream" I was having.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Yes, last night I was trying to watch Scheer do his thing, and within only a few minutes the feed gets cut and now I am watching Trudeau instead. Talk about a low-class move. Just horrible. And then the guy acts like he just won another majority. No humility whatsoever. Just disgusting. I want a quick election to try and throw this bum out, but I don't see it happening. And I don't see anything changing either.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

The Liberals must also select a speaker, RVThereYet.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

rustled wrote:The Liberals must also select a speaker, RVThereYet.

I vote for Andrew Scheer! Oh wait, I did that yesterday.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson

Return to “Federal Election 2019”