It's heeereee – Flu season

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
alanjh595
Banned

Re: It's heeereee – Flu season

Post by alanjh595 »

I got mine 2 weeks ago......no problems.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

the truth wrote:imo the side effects are not worth it, stop :cuss: with your immune system people , this stuff is poison

I'm curious what you think people with compromised immune systems should do? You know very well people do die from it. What's interesting is you've had the flu in recent years and was laid up for almost a week. Now for someone that is fit and strong, what do you think happens to those that aren't? The elderly, the very young, those that have other diseases through no fault of their own? You should be able to imagine how ill they would get and thus thousands end up hospitalized. Now there's a drain on resources and their own body when a simple shot could have prevented so much agony. If you've never received the flu shot how do you know what the side effects would be in your case?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

No time for a sick day

As flu season picks up, new research from Accountemps reveals more than one-quarter of Canadians still go to work when they're sick.

The main reason people work despite cold or flu symptoms is because they have too much work to complete.

Eighty-nine per cent of Canadians admit to sometimes going to work while ill, and 27 per cent always go to work when under the weather.

Fifty-four per cent of those who go to work sick do so because of their workload, and another 33 per cent simply don't want to use up a 'sick day.'

"Workers often worry about falling behind by taking a sick day, but that mentality may be doing more harm than good," says Koula Vasilopoulos from Accountemps.

"A healthy workplace is a happier, and ultimately more productive environment. Taking the time to stay home and get better is not only good for your own well being, it also shows consideration for your colleagues, your quality of work, and the overall success of your team."

"It's up to managers to set the example by steering clear of the office when under the weather, and ensuring their teams follow suit," added Vasilopoulos.

"Maintain open lines of communication to better recognize when employees are ill and provide solutions ... like remote work options or bringing in temporary help, so workers feel supported and encouraged to get healthy."

https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/26 ... -when-sick
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

I've gotten a flu shot most years but maybe not this year. I've tried. There were shots available a few weeks ago but nothing lately. I just called a drug store this evening and he said that they had no vaccine and he acknowledged there is a shortage this year.

The advice from IH, from pharmacies, and from experts here and there was to get the shot before the end of October but for the first time in my memory it's not been easy this year. Yes, if you got in when the shots were first available you were successful. Oh well . . .
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

I made an appointment 3 weeks ago and got my shot about 2 weeks ago. I saw a notice as I was checking in and it said there was no vaccine available. I asked if this was true and she said that only those who made an appointment had the vaccine available; therefore, walk-ins were out of luck.

24 hours post shot I was tired and had a bit of a headache but next day nothing. However, I still maintain my strict handwashing and alcohol wipes routine when I go out in public. I have had the flu shot for many, many years and have been flu-free. I cannot understand why people don't take advantage of science that will reduce chances of contracting a life-threatening illness. I have traveled world-wide and the Travel Medicine Clinics have been an essential part of my pre-travel preparations.

Thank you Drs Jenner, Denmark, Hillman, Salk and many, many other researchers who helped mankind overcome so many horrible and fatal diseases!!
Chill
HealingConduit

Post by HealingConduit »

The so called flu season is, IMHO, a lack of vitamin D season. I take 6,000 IU's of vitamin D a day with 2,000 mg of vitamin C year round unless I am going to be out in the sun between 10 am and 2 pm when the UVB rays help your body produce it's own vitamin D. With that and other things I haven't had a cold or flu in 24 years.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

HealingConduit wrote:The so called flu season is, IMHO, a lack of vitamin D season. I take 6,000 IU's of vitamin D a day with 2,000 mg of vitamin C year round unless I am going to be out in the sun between 10 am and 2 pm when the UVB rays help your body produce it's own vitamin D. With that and other things I haven't had a cold or flu in 24 years.

awsome :up: , people just do not get it, vitamin d is very very important to take during are winter months ,i take healthy herbs and supplements and the flu seems to avoid me also , the most sick people i know seem to be the ones getting the flu shot every year
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

the most sick people i know seem to be the ones getting the flu shot every year

They are probably getting the shot because they are getting sick all the time and want to avoid getting the flu. Maybe they have a compromised immune system.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Immunodeficiency Disorders

Immunodeficiency disorders disrupt your body’s ability to defend itself against bacteria, viruses, and parasites.

https://www.healthline.com/health/immun ... -disorders
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

time to start pushing there drugs and lies on people https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#307874
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
typhoon44
Übergod

Post by typhoon44 »

the truth wrote:time to start pushing there drugs and lies on people https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#307874

You are embarrassing. Vaccines are safe. Prove otherwise with peer reviewed papers from a reputable source.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

I was at the pharmacist today and reserved my shot as soon as they become available.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

If one is susceptible to the flu doesn't it make sense to try and prevent it? Why risk permanent damage?
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Fancy wrote:If one is susceptible to the flu doesn't it make sense to try and prevent it? Why risk permanent damage?

from the flu shot
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

the truth wrote:from the flu shot

From the flu was what I was saying.

Return to “Health”