Bottles to donate, who? where?

A potpourri of off-topics.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Bottles to donate, who? where?

Post by Bsuds »

alanjh595 wrote:it's bad enough when the Salvation Army/Value Village donation bins are scrounged through at night. I wouldn't donate to any charity that received by unattended bins.

If they didn't have the bins people would just drop stuff in a pile anyway.

Just look at it like someone who wanted/needed it gets to use what you didn't want anymore.

That's not a bad thing.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Bsuds wrote:
alanjh595 wrote:it's bad enough when the Salvation Army/Value Village donation bins are scrounged through at night. I wouldn't donate to any charity that received by unattended bins.

If they didn't have the bins people would just drop stuff in a pile anyway.

Just look at it like someone who wanted/needed it gets to use what you didn't want anymore.

That's not a bad thing.

And they will steal the donations, that could have been used by the charity, and sold for cash to buy drugs.
Bring back the LIKE button.
TJSmith
Übergod

Post by TJSmith »

Take them in yourself and donate to yourself.
one wheel
Übergod

Post by one wheel »

If anyone is considering holding a bottle drive in the Rutland area you should check the Columbia Bottle Depot on Dease RD.

They went over & above to help us out for the Rutland family that had the house fire. They have sorting tables & they labelled every bin - juice boxes / beer cans etc. it all went very smoothly.

To everyone who donated - THANK YOU - it will be a big help for the family.
WheelWeaves
Fledgling

Post by WheelWeaves »

Please don't give them to the people who sit on Kirschner everyday, waiting to take bottles from the people who haven't realized the depots moved a few blocks away.

I watch them 5 days a week, they get enough to get drunk and high and wreak havoc nearby, then go back to their spot to
leech some more. Stop supporting them. You're fueling addiction and not helping anything
BonnieBeekman

Post by BonnieBeekman »

Hi, I have 4 to 5 bags of bottles that I would like to donate. If someone would like to come and pick them up that would be very helpful to me.
Thank you
Bonnie

Return to “Grab Bag”