Don Cherry's false offensive remarks

jamapple
Übergod

Re: Don Cherry's false offensive remarks

Post by jamapple »

I love how so many defend this clown,(must admit, I USED to like him). Chest out every Saturday night in butt ugly suits, with NO military experience, (there is history in his family, just not him). Kinda like Trump. Anyone seeing the correlation here?
Like someone else said, why is he not *bleep* off at all the 3rd, 4th, etc generation Canadians not wearing poppies? Wait....I know! He'd have his :cuss: handed to him if he said that! So, let's pick on a small group of people......you know.....like bullies do.
If you're not going to crap on Canadians for not doing it, leave the argument alone. It just makes him look dumb(er).
ETA: Fun Fact kids!!! Don Cherry played one,(that's right), uno NHL games. Played alot in the AHL, (where they send :cuss: hockey players to get better to make it to the big league. Now, 33 years of telling everyone how the game should be played? Retire already.
blueliner
Übergod

Post by blueliner »

Well Don Cherry should get a Order of Canada award . He calls a spade a spade , and there is more than a few federal politicians that would love to say the same , but are just to chicken :cuss: to do .
Don Cherry is one very proud Canadian and good on him and just because it might offend you doesn't mean you're right .
I know were he will be on the 11 hour of the 11 day of the 11 month . Not so sure about all the snowflakes and lefties who will be at Starbuck's .
George Orwell 1984
Lord of the Board

Post by George Orwell 1984 »

As everyone rushes to the forefront to be offended
blueliner
Übergod

Post by blueliner »

Canada.
Where hockey commentators are held to a higher accountability than prime ministers.....
Smh.
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

Don Cherry loves Canada, and is a very proud Canadian... But, I haven’t watched coaches corner in years, Cherry has just been repeating himself, and basically telling the same stories for the last 30 years. I believe most of this article hits the nail on the head..

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... -U-ypurgjD

“ And the best thing about all this is that Rogers, who let go two quality men in Nick Kypreos and John Shannon to keep Cherry, has the perfect replacement for Cherry right in its studio in Brian Burke. This was probably going to happen anyway, but Cherry’s latest indiscretion gives Rogers a ready-made excuse to part ways with Cherry and hand the keys to the first intermission kingdom to Burke. Preferably by this Saturday. Unlike Cherry, Burke has won a Stanley Cup. Like Cherry, Burke can be blustery and will appeal to the pro-fighting crowd that treats Cherry as though he should be considered for sainthood. But the thing about Burke is that he knows how to be controversial, bombastic and thought-provoking without crossing the lines of decency. He’s only recently removed from his career as a GM so he knows the league and its inner workings and he has a wealth of knowledge and insight. Wouldn’t it be refreshing to learn nuggets about the NHL of actual value than constantly hearing someone tell kids to cover the points?”
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
George Orwell 1984
Lord of the Board

Every single Canadian should be wearing a poppy in remembrance of those who sacrificed for our freedom. Yes, even those who choose to be offended and outraged are defended by our troops past and present.
AlienSoldier
Übergod

Post by AlienSoldier »

One out of every five soldier that fought in world war 1 was Indian. Just because someone doesn't wear a poppy doesn't make them less patriotic, or less respectful of war vets.

My cousins grandfather was a aeroplane mechanic in the second world war. We honour his and others like he's bravery by visiting the grave's of fellow soldiers in Canada. Some of us wear poppies, some of us don't. It's a personal choice.

Stop pushing your insecurities and need for everyone to look like you. Honour those before us the way you see fit, as long as its respectful.
jamapple
Übergod

Post by jamapple »

George Orwell 1984 wrote:Every single Canadian should be wearing a poppy in remembrance of those who sacrificed for our freedom. Yes, even those who choose to be offended and outraged are defended by our troops past and present.

My point exactly. But this is about a guy lambasting a very small group for it, and leaving the large group of multi-generational Canadians alone regarding it. I would have agreed with Cherry if he would have said as a blanket statement for EVERYONE to wear a poppy, and not single out a small minority. But then again, the ones who call everyone else snowflakes comes on here like a snowflake and *bleep* and moan about how he's not wrong. Singling out is wrong. Blanket statements are not. He just knows what to say to get the tiiki torch crowd fired up.
George Orwell 1984
Lord of the Board

5C8A7646-311A-4629-9847-98AC45A94A01.jpeg
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

November 11. 2019
Remembrance Day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJi-uKOlLV4
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Off to honor my fallen brothers and sisters, YES I WILL BE WEARING A POPPY, Hope i do not offend anyone
RIP....................
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

AlienSoldier wrote:One out of every five soldier that fought in world war 1 was Indian.

I call total BS. One million served in WWI out of a total of over 70 million. Hardly one in five.

Some people need a real history lesson. Or at least the ability to use wiki. But stop the lying.

Contemporaneously described as "the war to end all wars",[7] it led to the mobilisation of more than 70 million military personnel, including 60 million Europeans, making it one of the largest wars in history.

The Indian Army during World War I contributed a large number of divisions and independent brigades to the European, Mediterranean and the Middle East theatres of war in World War I. Over one million Indian troops served overseas, of whom 62,000 died and another 67,000 were wounded. In total at least 74,187 Indian soldiers died during the war.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
Terris
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Terris »

jamapple wrote:
My point exactly. But this is about a guy lambasting a very small group for it, and leaving the large group of multi-generational Canadians alone regarding it. I would have agreed with Cherry if he would have said as a blanket statement for EVERYONE to wear a poppy, and not single out a small minority. But then again, the ones who call everyone else snowflakes comes on here like a snowflake and *bleep* and moan about how he's not wrong. Singling out is wrong. Blanket statements are not. He just knows what to say to get the tiiki torch crowd fired up.

Could you please provide us with the actual Criminal Code reference on the "singling out/blanket statements" part of your declarations or is this just an example of the PC crowds blanket statement in action whereby a citizen (Don Cherry) is being singled out as guilty of speaking the inconvenient truth?

Just trying to sort through the hypocrisy here... :up:
George Orwell 1984
Lord of the Board

How about everyone just buy a poppy in remembrance and to support our military because as we all know “ we just don’t have that to give right now” As for me I’m heading out for the remembrance ceremony as should everyone.
Terris
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Terris »

George Orwell 1984 wrote:How about everyone just buy a poppy in remembrance and to support our military because as we all know “ we just don’t have that to give right now” As for me I’m heading out for the remembrance ceremony as should everyone.

I'm already here...

Return to “Canada”