Don Cherry's false offensive remarks

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Don Cherry's false offensive remarks

Post by Queen K »

It is entirely possible Howard Stern knows who Don Cherry is. :biggrin:

Fancy wrote:
TedD wrote:Unfortunately with a podcast, you can't see what kind of suit he's wearing.

And that's a HUGE drawback. Loved the anticipation of what he was wearing. Those starched collars.

And how is Fabricland ever going to get back to business if people can't see the suit? I think Youtube is better for the fashionistas in us all.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

See, that's all that is needed is for Cherry to find his niche. If some other network is looking for his type, they will be happy to take him on, and good on them and him.Live and let live. Previous hook up was just not compatible. or it was, until it wasn't.
He could have his own blog and have millions of fans. Make lemonade.
Last edited by Silverstarqueen on Nov 19th, 2019, 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
vinnied wrote:I think Howard Stern should have Don Cherry on his show. They have a lot in common those 2. Id pay to listen to that one

Howard Stern has no idea who Don Cherry is.

And you know this because....
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

The Green Barbarian wrote:Howard Stern has no idea who Don Cherry is.

I'm sure he does considering MacLean's had an article in their magazine entitled "Don Cherry, Howard Stern and the Spice Girls".
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Silverstarqueen wrote:
And you know this because....

Because I listen to Howard Stern every day. Don Cherry was mentioned on his show once by Chris Wilding, who is Canadian. But how would Howard know who an obscure Canadian hockey broadcaster is? It's so funny how Canadians think that people outside of our country know anything about us. Most Americans couldn't even name our prime minister, and this is a clown who virtue-signals on the world stage constantly. Can you name the PM of Australia without googling it? Nope, didn't think so.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Fancy wrote:I'm sure he does considering MacLean's had an article in their magazine entitled "Don Cherry, Howard Stern and the Spice Girls".

Is this sarcasm? Or do you honestly think Howard Stern reads Macleans magazine?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Palliser
Fledgling

Post by Palliser »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Nov 19th, 2019, 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Because I listen to Howard Stern every day. Don Cherry was mentioned on his show once by Chris Wilding, who is Canadian. But how would Howard know who an obscure Canadian hockey broadcaster is? It's so funny how Canadians think that people outside of our country know anything about us. Most Americans couldn't even name our prime minister, and this is a clown who virtue-signals on the world stage constantly. Can you name the PM of Australia without googling it? Nope, didn't think so.

I don't believe Stern would have a clue who Cherry is but i'd guess a fair bit hockey fans in the north east would.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

The Green Barbarian wrote:Is this sarcasm? Or do you honestly think Howard Stern reads Macleans magazine?

Who said he had to read it? On the other hand, it's been noted on a sports site that Don Cherry was the original Howard Stern. Remarks and articles like that have a way of getting noticed. Considering Howard Stern watches hockey from time to time - how could he miss Don Cherry?
featfan
Guru

Post by featfan »

TedD wrote:Unfortunately with a podcast, you can't see what kind of suit he's wearing.

Many, many years ago Molson Canadian put out 15 packs of beer with different Don Cherry suits on the cans.
I sold over 700 empty cans on ebay for $5.00 US dollars each.
I had a lot of friends come over to drink $1.00 beers after work.
The liquor store asked me one day what I was doing with all the beer I was buying.
I would go in and buy 10 boxes every few days.
Worked out great with the exchange rate.
Sad when the cans changed back to the normal logo.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Fancy wrote:[
Who said he had to read it?

I thought that was what you were implying.

On the other hand, it's been noted on a sports site that Don Cherry was the original Howard Stern.

OK...

Remarks and articles like that have a way of getting noticed.

Not by Howard Stern.

Considering Howard Stern watches hockey from time to time - how could he miss Don Cherry?

If he did watch hockey "from time to time", how would he see Don Cherry? He would be watching US feeds, not Canadian. This whole thing is kind of loopy to begin with. Why do you care if Howard Stern knows who Don Cherry is?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

FB_IMG_1574208552322.jpg
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

The Green Barbarian wrote:Why do you care if Howard Stern knows who Don Cherry is?
I don't. I don't know either man. You seem to have taken a great interest in this though.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Truthy that's old news two pages back. Keep up! :130:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?

Return to “Canada”