'The ducks have won'!

A potpourri of off-topics.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

'The ducks have won'!

Post by oneh2obabe »

The French court ruled few days ago that a flock of around 60 ducks and geese on a small farm can keep on quacking, rejecting a neighbor's complaint that the birds' racket was making their life a misery.

The court ruled that the noise from the flock kept by retired farmer, Dominique Douthe, in southwestern France, was within acceptable limits, broadcaster France 3 said.

"The ducks have won," Douthe told Reuters after the court decision. "I'm very happy because I didn't want to slaughter my ducks."

The complaint was brought by Ms. Douthe's neighbor, who moved from the city around a year ago into a property about 50 meters away from the enclosure. The neighbor's lawyer claimed the noise exceeded permissible levels and prevented the neighbor from enjoying their garden or sleeping with their house windows open.

The dispute is the latest in a series of court cases that have seen rural French traditions, especially farmyard noises, challenged by new residents.

Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: 'The ducks have won'!

Post by 1791 »

Maybe all the idiots who move from the city to orchard lands around here then complain. Maybe they are French ?
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

You don't have to be French to be an idiot, but apparently it helps. :biggrin:
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

OH oh :200: ... It's Christmas. You know the 3 french hens thing. Could be a big problem.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

1791 wrote:Maybe all the idiots who move from the city to orchard lands around here then complain. Maybe they are French ?

Weren’t you complaining about Mexicans working on orchards?
You and 71 others Like this post
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Bsuds wrote:You don't have to be French to be an idiot, but apparently it helps. :biggrin:

I don't know, we owe them a lot.....poutine, french bread, .....well, okay, maybe not a lot, but they have contributed.
Bring back the LIKE button.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

MAybe it's because they quacked with a French accent, ya know "Mai quack". The French do tend to be a bit louder than most.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

Actually I do believe it is the third day of Christmas we really have to worry about. Who in their right mind would want to live beside someone who received the following from their true love!

On the third day of Christmas
my true love sent to me:
Three French Hens
Two Turtle Doves
and a Partridge in a Pear Tree

Now that is noise pure and simple! [icon_lol2.gif]
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Move to the country then complain about quacking ducks, church bells ringing, cows mooing and donkeys braying.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

And you all thought idiots like this these only lived in Kelowna [icon_lol2.gif]
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

oneh2obabe wrote:Move to the country then complain about quacking ducks, church bells ringing, cows mooing and donkeys braying.

The Donkeys braying are the ones complaining!

Unfortunately it's not restricted to the French. We have them here who move beside an Orchard then complain about the spraying, Helicopters flying and the air guns going off.

You can't fix stupid!
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

Chandler will be very pleased to hear this

alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Bsuds wrote:
oneh2obabe wrote:Move to the country then complain about quacking ducks, church bells ringing, cows mooing and donkeys braying.

The Donkeys braying are the ones complaining!

Unfortunately it's not restricted to the French. We have them here who move beside an Orchard then complain about the spraying, Helicopters flying and the air guns going off.

You can't fix stupid!

BUT....Geeeez.....where would we be today, without French Fries?

You should hear all the whining and complaining they do when they stir the fries in the deep fryer.......without tongs. Such horrific language......if I could just understand what they were saying.

You think a donkey braying is bad.......
Bring back the LIKE button.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Actually French fries were developed in Belgium.
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

And to this day the best damn fries anywhere.

Return to “Grab Bag”