Frenzy over Frosty!

dle
Lord of the Board

Frenzy over Frosty!

Post by dle »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/27 ... oar#272621

Go Team Frosty!

Unless Frosty is causing an unsafe situation why can't Frosty do his thing and put some Christmas spirit into the lives of those without much to smile about this year -and those who are okay but find themselves smiling a bit more because of him every year!

Geez Louise! Sounds like a Grinchy "cold" reaction from the City!
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Frenzy over Frosty!

Post by the truth »

removed
Last edited by Catsumi on Dec 13th, 2019, 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off topic
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

dle wrote:https://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/272621/Order-to-remove-Frosty-from-Vernon-business-causing-uproar#272621

Go Team Frosty!

Unless Frosty is causing an unsafe situation why can't Frosty do his thing and put some Christmas spirit into the lives of those without much to smile about this year -and those who are okay but find themselves smiling a bit more because of him every year!

unfortunately this frail business owner folded like a cheap suit;; U got two idiots that work for the city saying no and two others a little smarter saying yes its been there 8 years If it were me it would be there another 8 years
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

dle wrote:Unless Frosty is causing an unsafe situation why can't Frosty do his thing and put some Christmas spirit into the lives of those without much to smile about this year -and those who are okay but find themselves smiling a bit more because of him every year!

Bylaw is obliged to follow up with complaints - they don't pick and choose. Because there WAS an unsafe situation brought to bylaw's attention - and there was no permit - the fastest course of action was to have Frosty removed. The City certainly isn't unreasonable and Frosty will be coming back as a permit is being granted and Frosty will be slightly relocated by the sounds of it.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

You know .. this could really be a new movie sequal for Frosty The Snowman. Imagine it! Frosty finds a wonderful home where everyday he greets folks from far and wide. Everyone loves him ... Except for those grinchy looking big bad bylaw enforcement dudes. Frosty is at risk of losing his wonderful new home ... then just as magical as Christmas itself ... the powers that be grant Frosty's owners a permit. He can continue living where he is. All the town folk are ecstatic as they gather together to welcome back Frosty. Snowflakes gently falling ... Children singing Frosty's favorite song. Those grinchy bad bylaw dudes smiling and presenting Frosty with hot chocolate and gifts. Ahhh the spirit of the season ... Alive and well in Vernon. Wait a sec .. Something is missing though .. Fast forward to Christmas 2020 .. No more light up and the twinkling of lights. Perhaps another sequal ... Perhaps. :D
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

Bylaw is obliged to follow up with complaints - they don't pick and choose. Because there WAS an unsafe situation brought to bylaw's attention - and there was no permit - the fastest course of action was to have Frosty removed. The City certainly isn't unreasonable and Frosty will be coming back as a permit is being granted and Frosty will be slightly relocated by the sounds of it.

all BS and just typical COV bureaucracy U don't need a permit that's ridiculous and if 2 of 4 said it was fine surely the 4 city workers could have come to a compromise most likely a lefty liberal Trudeau supporter that filed a grievance
my point being its ridiculous this deal ever became an issue to begin with
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#272701 frosty can stay, they did not know that ,that many people cared, ya think, you the people in charge would have to care to know these things , you can go back to just collecting your paychecks now,
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

dontrump wrote: U don't need a permit that's ridiculous ...my point being its ridiculous this deal ever became an issue to begin with

Sounds like one does need a permit (and that applies in most cities) and it became an issue when someone complained. Don't blame the City - the situation was rectified fairly quickly.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

seems odd no permit for 8 years and then all of a sudden we need one? no we need people to mind their own GD business
and smarter more mentally efficient BLO
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

No it doesn't seem odd. The owners just got away with it. All it takes it for one person to complain about it but everyone agreed Frosty should remain and the owners are looking forward to it being back for another two weeks. It will cost them $150.00 next year - there is no fee for them this year. I wouldn't be surprised if there are donations to have Frosty up next year.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

Fancy wrote:No it doesn't seem odd. The owners just got away with it. All it takes it for one person to complain about it but everyone agreed Frosty should remain and the owners are looking forward to it being back for another two weeks. It will cost them $150.00 next year - there is no fee for them this year. I wouldn't be surprised if there are donations to have Frosty up next year.

there should be zero permit requirements for a item the like of this for the 3 weeks its there that's my point
and Yes I find it very wrong and very odd that 2 BLO ruled it fine and 2 that ruled it not fine
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

dontrump wrote:there should be zero permit requirements for a item the like of this for the 3 weeks its there that's my point
and Yes I find it very wrong and very odd that 2 BLO ruled it fine and 2 that ruled it not fine

Then council would have to vote on a variance - feel free to spearhead that project.

And no surprise (and no it's not wrong) that BLO had differing opinions but could easily be two doing it by the letter of the law and the other two being lenient.
featfan
Guru

Post by featfan »

Someone needs to build a snowman and do this in Vernon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uf0RvHudi8Q
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

LOL now I heard it all a inflatable snowman outside a store front for 2 weeks needs a :cuss: $150 permit
my gawd what s show the city had become
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Thought it was a yearly permit.

Return to “North Okanagan”