Boys and Girls Club

Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Boys and Girls Club

Post by Ken7 »

https://www.boysandgirlsclubs.ca/about-us/

Maybe I'm missing something here, not sure. Help me out, today while at the Home Depot I was asked the usual, do you want to donate to the Boys and Girls Club.

I have gone to their web site and am attempting to find out, where they get their funding from. Is this a Government funded organization, where do they get the majority or their funding.

Thanks in advance..
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Re: Boys and Girls Club

Post by oneh2obabe »

Funding comes from government and a slew of corporate sponsors as well as public donations.

Corporate sponsors.
https://www.boysandgirlsclubs.ca/take-action/thank-you/
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

oneh2obabe wrote:Funding comes from government and a slew of corporate sponsors as well as public donations.

Corporate sponsors.
https://www.boysandgirlsclubs.ca/take-action/thank-you/

Thanks for your post. I looked at the link and see Home Depot puts their hand out to me at the till, and then turns it over to the cause.

Does that make them a sponsor??
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Next time I'm in the store I'll talk to the manager and check on their matching donations program. I know they have a few programs they will match consumer donations but not sure about the B&G Club.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

oneh2obabe wrote:Next time I'm in the store I'll talk to the manager and check on their matching donations program. I know they have a few programs they will match consumer donations but not sure about the B&G Club.

I sent a email to Home Depot. What they collect they give, they do not add anything or match donations.

Thank you for reaching out to us with your inquiry about the donation requests from your local Kelowna Home Depot store. Our Orange Door Campaign allows each of our stores to select a local charity to help and 100% of the proceeds are given to the selected charity.
If you would like additional information please just pop by the customer service desk or ask for the store manager who would be happy to give you additional information about the local program.
I trust this information is helpful and we thank you choosing to shop at The Home Depot Canada, we truly appreciate your business.
Warm wishes,

I found that response interesting, although they are a USA store with Revenue: US$108.2 billion (2018).
Chyren
Board Meister

Post by Chyren »

What concerns me is that a company like this will market itself as being involved with that cause when all they do is forward the customer's money. However, I do acknowledge that they do supply a location where people can easily donate so that is of some value.

McDonald's often does this too when they give money for their "Ronald McDonald" charities however I don't know if they match or just forward money as well.

Big companies like this should always match.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Chyren wrote:What concerns me is that a company like this will market itself as being involved with that cause when all they do is forward the customer's money. However, I do acknowledge that they do supply a location where people can easily donate so that is of some value.

McDonald's often does this too when they give money for their "Ronald McDonald" charities however I don't know if they match or just forward money as well.

By FORCING big companies to "match" donations, will just lead to them no longer be involved. Is that what anyone wants?
By implying, how these big companies should conduct their donation practices is sacrificing the charity as a tool to degrade those companies and what ever efforts they make, to help others.

What real difference does it make if they collect and forward, or collect and match the donations?
Isn't something worth 100% more than nothing?
Bring back the LIKE button.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I wonder if the stores get the tax break?

Either way it is nice of them to do that.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!

Return to “North Okanagan”