Christmas...

A potpourri of off-topics.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Christmas...

Post by Queen K »

This year I didn't bother with the annual "Slay Christmas" thread.

Merry HO HO to those of you celebrate and lots of liquor to those merely slogging through the hours waiting for sanity to return.

Facebook has its perils for those without.
Seeing photos of people's holidays, families, strained faces around the livingroom, and dinners will merely depress some.
Even though they know they could not for a moment tolerate their circumstances and had to make changes in their lives.
Divorce/death/family estrangement/loss of friends all play a role in how one feels Christmas should be as opposed to what was or should be. Some are dealing with unforseen health issues, which changes everything. Sometimes what was was a living nightmare, with every Christmas destroyed by narcissism or alcoholism/addiction, is now serene because of the divorce. Some are breathing a sigh of relief not be living like that again. Every Christmas there are the usual "must do" lists but really, hold back a bit and find out who is falling all over themselves to do. You may be surprised to find relief when you realize you don't have to either.

Once again Christmas, that unique blend of pagan/Christian/utter pure free economy capitalism, represents something different us all.

Soon the stresses and pressures will be over.

Remember, never spend more than you can afford.
We live in a society of gift cards for a reason.
Don't go to what is toxic, if someone cant' stop themselves from being toxic, dont' be around them.
It's better to be alone than with the wrong people.

Merry Christmas, you're welcome.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Merry Christmas to all!

I rarely send cards, mainly due to the busyness of the season. I used to feel annoyance at the cards coming in, each one because the poked at the nagging sense of duty in my brain. I finally told people not to expect them and life has been much better. I am starting to write letters in general again, though. It helps me focus on slowing down.

Christmas has been good and bad so far. Visiting with family going way better than expected. But missing dad.
I haven't failed until I quit.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Hugs Lady t, yes, you are in a good place to be with family right now and I am sure they are so glad to have you there.

Be safe on the roads, k? Candles, blankets, extra water, food and matches - we've seen far too many roads closed lately. I worry about these things. Yes, even me who travels dirt roads for hundreds of miles worry about those who do not. :smt111
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

45 years ago today Darwin, Australia was devastated with Cyclone Tracy. It destroyed the town so badly that it was basically abandoned for a year.

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Thankfully it's over!
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Bsuds wrote:Thankfully, it's over!

Not quite. In addition to having New Years as part n' parcel of the same, there is also the cleanup. :/ Putting away what decorations were out, getting the debris sorted as to what you can recycle and what you can't . . .
I haven't failed until I quit.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Okay stores you can kill the Christmas tunes NOW!!!

I can't imagine working in retail and having to listen to it all day long.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Lady tehMa wrote:
Bsuds wrote:Thankfully, it's over!

Not quite. In addition to having New Years as part n' parcel of the same, there is also the cleanup. :/ Putting away what decorations were out, getting the debris sorted as to what you can recycle and what you can't . . .

I know...I took a bunch of cardboard and Christmas wrapping paper to the Bottle depot today thinking I would get a jump on it.

They don't have a bin for the paper! :-X :-X :-X
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Bsuds wrote:Thankfully it's over!

I'm already planning for next year :) :biggrin:
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

I leave my stuff up until mid January. If I'm going to go through the effort I'm going to get my money's worth
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray

Return to “Grab Bag”