Elderly Lady Blocked By Snow

A potpourri of off-topics.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Hopefully a neighbour will see this and help out, since city couldn't be bothered.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... car#274843

or someone who recognizes the location could go help her out.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
D_Man
Fledgling

Snowed in

Post by D_Man »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... car#274843
I wish there was an address, I would go right now
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Neighbours should look out for Each other.

Post by dirtybiker »

Just like many stories, there is likely more.

Scenario, her neighbours are looking out for her, and themselves.

It's blocked for a reason, maybe she has shown her neighbours her
prowess behind the wheel, and for the safety of everyone, a
deterrent was placed.
A scary driver in good conditions is bad enough.

No I have no evidence to call her out for her driving.
just a for instance.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Re: Snowed in

Post by Anonymous123 »

D_Man wrote:https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/274843/76-year-old-blocked-in-by-snow-pushed-behind-her-car#274843
I wish there was an address, I would go right now

Here you go. A quick google search brings up an old article that gives a general idea of where she lives or lived in 2017. Probably still there.

http://www.kelownadailycourier.ca/news/ ... 35e31.html

8073EF3F-BFA2-4C1F-AF28-EFC3EA19445A.png

Let us know how it went.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
Boosted632
Banned

Post by Boosted632 »

perhaps its time for someone to consider apartment living no shoveling involved
I just looked at this on google maps and her car is parked on the street tough luck grandma grab a shovel
same car is parked on the street in the google maps picture in front of the empty driveway
I wouldn't Have to manage my anger if people could learn to manage their STUPIDITY
ironmanca

Post by ironmanca »

Why is this even on Castanet? It's very little snow to remove. She can't ask a neighbor? She is old enough to know.......that if you want something done, you do it yourself. She seems very able by watching the video. Just do it Ma'am and be done with it...... Nice neighbors she has :up:
kelocal

Re: Elderly Lady Blocked By Snow

Post by kelocal »

ironmanca wrote:Why is this even on Castanet? It's very little snow to remove. She can't ask a neighbor? She is old enough to know.......that if you want something done, you do it yourself. She seems very able by watching the video. Just do it Ma'am and be done with it...... Nice neighbors she has :up:

You're right, the fact that this is on Castanet is pretty poor. But lets be real, a 76 year old woman, whether you think she looks able or not, shouldn't have to dig her car our of that much snow, especially if it has melted, frozen or packed down at all since Tuesday. Who is to say if this nice elderly woman even owns a snow shovel? Even if she wanted to go buy one she couldn't as her car is blocked in!

Ideally the city would have dealt with it some time the day she called, lord knows they could have radioed one of the guys shoveling the nearest bus stops to stop by quickly.

This definitely isn't news worthy, and I hope that reporter tried to help dig her out a bit!
tantor
Board Meister

Post by tantor »

Had they given her address I would have swung by and shoveled it for the old girl.
kelocal

Post by kelocal »

tantor wrote:Had they given her address I would have swung by and shoveled it for the old girl.

Find out where this is at and im right there with you!
Boosted632
Banned

Post by Boosted632 »

her car is parked on the street instead of her big EMPTY driveway shes got a lot of nerve complaining to the city
I wouldn't Have to manage my anger if people could learn to manage their STUPIDITY
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... nd-her-car

If she has issues and isn't able to sit in the cold car while waiting for it to warm up she better lock it. To ironmanca - a lot of people younger than her have arthritis and she may not be capable of shovelling. In that case she could always ask a neighbour and see if someone can help her out.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

Already being discussed here, where two threads on the topic have already been merged.

https://forums.castanet.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=84102
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Offers have flooded in to help 76-year-old Emily Legare shovel the snow pushed up behind her car, which has prevented her from moving her car since Tuesday.

Many residents sent in emails asking for her address and offering to dig Legare out, despite her adamancy that the city must clear it.

Another local, Laurie, called Castanet to voice her disappointment in the city's response.

“I am disgusted at this - it really is an embarrassment to Kelowna. How could they tell her to just dig it out herself? I'm livid. What if she needed something, and she couldn’t get out?”

She plans to send her two sons to shovel the snow away from Legare’s house this morning.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... -snow-bank
She's getting the help.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Snowed in

Post by Fancy »

Anonymous123 wrote:Here you go. A quick google search brings up an old article that gives a general idea of where she lives or lived in 2017. Probably still there.

Looks like her car hasn't moved.

The City has swung by and removed snow that should not have been deposited where it was. Not saying that is the case here as there could have been warnings put out not to park on the street while the City does the snow clearing. However, I'm sure she's shovelled out by now.
ironmanca

Post by ironmanca »

Fancy wrote:https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/274843/76-year-old-blocked-in-by-snow-pushed-behind-her-car

If she has issues and isn't able to sit in the cold car while waiting for it to warm up she better lock it. To ironmanca - a lot of people younger than her have arthritis and she may not be capable of shovelling. In that case she could always ask a neighbour and see if someone can help her out.

Oh don't use the arthritis card. I am just about her age, I have no arthritis. Arthritis is not age restricted like obviously you may think. I knew a 12 year old that had it, back in the 1970's. What is she even complaining about? Seriously, that the City didn't do it for her like she wanted? Good luck on that. I shoveled that white stuff from my driveway after the city went by and deposited it....for 50 years. That's life, she is just complaining because she is lonely, wants attention, lazy or just naive. Take your pick.

Return to “Grab Bag”