Owls

A potpourri of off-topics.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Owls

Post by Fancy »

Looking forward to seeing some pics of your owls - I haven't been able to get a decent one yet of the ones in our area.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Gilchy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Gilchy »

A quick owl aside- they have long legs!

Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Ken7, it may be that the Great Grey or Great Horned owls may already be sitting on their eggs as the babies take a longer time to develop compared to other birds. I've checked several Google sites, none agree on timeline.

There is plenty of info on how to build cupped platforms to attract them to your area.

Tonite there was the usual hooting heard this time of year but I couldn't hear an answering response from the mate. Hope no ill has befallen the silent one.

BTW, owls and skunks have co-existed since time began.

https://blog.nature.org/science/2014/12 ... rned-owls/
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Catsumi wrote:Ken7, it may be that the Great Grey or Great Horned owls may already be sitting on their eggs as the babies take a longer time to develop compared to other birds. I've checked several Google sites, none agree on timeline.

There is plenty of info on how to build cupped platforms to attract them to your area.

Tonite there was the usual hooting heard this time of year but I couldn't hear an answering response from the mate. Hope no ill has befallen the silent one.

BTW, owls and skunks have co-existed since time began.

https://blog.nature.org/science/2014/12 ... rned-owls/

Interesting, I read somewhere Barn Owls will be looking soon for a roost. Must get it mounted!
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent

Return to “Grab Bag”