Kelowna, the friendliest place

A potpourri of off-topics.
spooker
Guru

Kelowna, the friendliest place

Post by spooker »

I'd love to give a shout out to the guys I passed today on the Harvey Overpass at Parkinson ... it was a great feeling being offered a toke off your joint as my coworker and I passed by on our lunchtime run ... please don't take our refusal the wrong way, I gave up years ago and my friend has actually never had any ... at the right place and time my answer might be different
--
“The world breaks everyone, and afterward, many are strong at the broken places.”
― Ernest Hemingway
Boosted632
Banned

Re: Kelowna, the friendliest place

Post by Boosted632 »

at least it was weed and not a crack pipe like everywhere else [icon_lol2.gif]
I wouldn't Have to manage my anger if people could learn to manage their STUPIDITY
spooker
Guru

Post by spooker »

Boosted632 wrote:at least it was weed and not a crack pipe like everywhere else [icon_lol2.gif]

True, that happened when I was waiting for the bus on East Hastings in Vancouver ... that time I turned it down for different reasons ...
--
“The world breaks everyone, and afterward, many are strong at the broken places.”
― Ernest Hemingway
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

Spooker - we better not hear about you riding your bike and inhaling the good stuff and I'm not talking gas fumes.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

I get the sentiment , but I have to wonder ...'' If it were a dood or two having a beer or a snort of wine from a bottle in a brown paper bag , would the sentiment be the same ??

I ask because it seems that it's only pot that's "cool" to use in public .

I'll walk home from work with a cold beer in my hand in public and get sneered at but a guy waves a doobie and it's worth kudos ??

I don't get it ..
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

If the beer can were a savoury edible treat you'd likely see more drinking outdoors.

Cool or convenient?
Boarder4
Fledgling

Post by Boarder4 »

You see a lot of these dopers out in full view these days. You gotta laugh at these burnouts (not all but most). Legalizing weed is just going to create more hard drug users eventually. Unfortunately the people susceptible to addictions typically start at the bottom and work their way up.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Why is it always drugs? Nobody offers me a burger or a piece of cake.
spooker
Guru

Post by spooker »

MAPearce wrote:I get the sentiment , but I have to wonder ...'' If it were a dood or two having a beer or a snort of wine from a bottle in a brown paper bag , would the sentiment be the same ??

I ask because it seems that it's only pot that's "cool" to use in public .

I'll walk home from work with a cold beer in my hand in public and get sneered at but a guy waves a doobie and it's worth kudos ??

I don't get it ..

A person gets drunk, they often get angry and violent ... a person gets stoned, they head to the nearest Mac's for some chips ...

It's all about the experience society has ...

bwread wrote:You see a lot of these dopers out in full view these days. You gotta laugh at these burnouts (not all but most). Legalizing weed is just going to create more hard drug users eventually. Unfortunately the people susceptible to addictions typically start at the bottom and work their way up.

Most that I encounter toking up are regular people ... not burnouts, not bums ... the two guys I ran into yesterday looked like they worked in an office ...
--
― Ernest Hemingway
MCB
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by MCB »

I smoked weed once and the only thing I got from it was a bad case of paranoia...I also damn near coughed out one of my lungs lol! [icon_lol2.gif]
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

bwread wrote:You see a lot of these dopers out in full view these days. You gotta laugh at these burnouts (not all but most). Legalizing weed is just going to create more hard drug users eventually. Unfortunately the people susceptible to addictions typically start at the bottom and work their way up.

Ok Boomer.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

jimmy4321 wrote:If the beer can were a savoury edible treat you'd likely see more drinking outdoors.

Cool or convenient?

Beer is a savory edible treat.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

oldtrucker wrote:Joint sharing...no.What about catching weird cooties from a stranger?

Yah, cuz that's what we all thought about as we hit the doob on our turn. Just like that's what we thought about when we licked the tonsils of the chica we lusted after.

Or when we said' Hey man, don't bogart that".

Yup, it was all about cooties.
MCB
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by MCB »

mexi cali wrote:
jimmy4321 wrote:If the beer can were a savoury edible treat you'd likely see more drinking outdoors.

Cool or convenient?

Beer is a savory edible treat.

I like firetrucks!
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

oldtrucker wrote:I am a virgin.

There's a shocker.
Black Dogs Matter

Return to “Grab Bag”